Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #14011
Mange
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
I'm also 2m tall. Do you guys really feel like the 690 needs to be taller? I'm looking into buying the 14 model also

Skickat från min C6903 via Tapatalk
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #14012
Anders-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomodo View Post
I don't think the dealer will do anything for me, the bikes are already sold out before the season has even started!

Would you be so kind as to paste a link to those pegs? I've been to their website, but haven't found anything.
Look for "Bärenfallen" - Tiefere VA-Rallye-Fußrasten 690 at KTM tab.
Anders- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #14013
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,426
http://motobau.de/product_info.php?i...asten-690.html

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #14014
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomodo View Post
Not sure what you mean by sag, haven't got the bike yet. But I'm 2 meters tall, weighing in at around 96kg

Last bike I had I mounted different links on the rear shock to add 4-5 cm, which helped greatly. I haven't manage to find anything similar for the 690.

So far my plan is to find the tallest bar risers I can (hopefully also some that move the bars forward), try to find lower foot pegs, and also get a taller seat. Seat is last on the list as they are ridiculously expensive.
I think there is a miss-communication in what you are asking and what we are responding with. You are not so much interested in making the bike taller but reducing the stock cramped riding position. A seat, riser/bars, and lower foot pegs will all help with the rider position.

I am 6'3" (1.905m) tall and 215 lbs (97.5kg)

I run a 65mm riser and tall bars with a Renazco seat and fastway pegs and still desire lower footpegs.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #14015
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,680
Another option for lower pegs.
https://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-sho...90-enduro.html
CanadianX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #14016
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
I was looking for function over form on a tank. Im with Hoots on the tank I would rather have a little extra gas. It aint like bikes look good with rack systems all mounted up.
Speaking of racks what are the top three systems out there now that allow easy strip down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I think it looks better than the RR rear tank - and infinitely better than the Safari tank ...

The additional volume (over RR rear) would also be a good thing ...

My RR rack broke (metal fatigue) - and the RR rack is integrated into the fitment for the rear tank - this Tumbleweed arrangement looks a bit stronger, and is in any case a separate item (called a Wild Burro rack) ...
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #14017
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckedUp View Post
I was looking for function over form on a tank. Im with Hoots on the tank I would rather have a little extra gas. It aint like bikes look good with rack systems all mounted up.
Speaking of racks what are the top three systems out there now that allow easy strip down.
The racks help with sub-frame support. Even if you don't use them for luggage its worth having them on for that reason alone.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #14018
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
The racks help with sub-frame support. Even if you don't use them for luggage its worth having them on for that reason alone.
I totally agree. I suggest going with the version that has 2 tubes going to the foot peg mounts. Better strength.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #14019
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,291
Quote:
easy stripdown?

ive got the TT racks, and since i replaced the hardware with regular allen head cap bolts, i can easily pull the bolts and lift off the whole assembled rack, including wolfman bags, intact. ive only done so to work on the bike, i dont have any reason to ride rackless.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #14020
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter View Post
easy stripdown?

ive got the TT racks, and since i replaced the hardware with regular allen head cap bolts, i can easily pull the bolts and lift off the whole assembled rack, including wolfman bags, intact. ive only done so to work on the bike, i dont have any reason to ride rackless.
Back to stock / easy on work on bike.
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #14021
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,305
Quote:
Does anyone here have one of these installed on the bike? I have been back and forth between the EVO2 tanks and just a short term fix with a set up like picture below. I just have not come across any inmates with a write up on this system.

not ready to give up and go with the Rotopax just yet.
Gila 2.0 Fluid Tank

I'm going to use bags on the front to carry extra fuel because I'd prefer the weight be distributed evenly. I know if you get too much weight on the back of enduros they tend to wander more on the highway... course they wheelie easier too

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #14022
Mange
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Seth, where did you find the 65mm riser? Also did you have to make any more modifications to the suspension with your weight other than adjusting the original setup?

Anyone using ktm adjustable footpegs and know how far they can be lowered? Only says 3 positions on the ktm site.

Skickat från min C6903 via Tapatalk
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #14023
tacomodo
Trailblaze

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
I think there is a miss-communication in what you are asking and what we are responding with. You are not so much interested in making the bike taller but reducing the stock cramped riding position. A seat, riser/bars, and lower foot pegs will all help with the rider position.

I am 6'3" (1.905m) tall and 215 lbs (97.5kg)

I run a 65mm riser and tall bars with a Renazco seat and fastway pegs and still desire lower footpegs.
Thanks for the input on the height thing, all!

I'm actually going for both. Less cramped riding position, and taller bike overall.

With those risers did you have to swap out any wires? And would you happen to have a link?

Edit: I'm getting '14 model
Old 02-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #14024
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 604
with 3" bar risers I needed to get the 3" longer throttle cable (from motion pro). I got the 4" longer throttle cable at first but that wouldn't work with these risers... sensor cable and brake line were fine as they were with the lower bars.
the '14 has ride by wire so no idea how that would work out for you. I have a '08
Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #14025
tacomodo
Trailblaze

Oddometer: 59
Found this on the KTM website which I take to mean that there is no cable for the throttle anymore

Quote:
The guarantee for smooth throttle response, not just no throttle control cable: The 690 Enduro R is equipped in 2014 with a cable-free ride-by-wire system for opening the throttle valve.