Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #121
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimum_malarky View Post
Then I called my insurance company! More than $1K a year for a bike that is 10 years old seems ridiculous. Maybe when I'm older....
Happened with me too. To be fair I only got a few quotes, not shopping all the companies. Ended up buying an FZ1 that cost just a little more than my previous bike to insure. Makes no sense but whatev haha
Old 05-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #122
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,411
My Blackbird cost me $65 to insure for the whole year.
With no claims, no moving vilation in the last 6 yrs. same insurnce co. for over 16 yrs.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #123
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 378
I've been with the same Insurance co. for the last five years, too, but I had a claim last year with my S3 accident. I think that, combined with my age (30 yrs. old), set off the red flag. I have all my cars and bikes registered with the insurance co. though. Right now, it is about $500/yr. for my SV1000n. Maybe I should shop around some more...

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #124
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,935
Just completed a 2 day, 1150+ mile trip on mine. This might be the Perfect sport touring ride...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #125
cplus OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano955 View Post
Just completed a 2 day, 1150+ mile trip on mine. This might be the Perfect sport touring ride...

On a stock saddle.... Damn, that would kill me. I can ride for about 6 hrs on mine if I take a break every couple of hours. 350 mile days are possible, but 550+ mile days?

Now that my kids have expressed an interest in riding with me, I'm thinking about if I want to spend some money on making the XX more comfortable for longer two-up rides or get a clean FJR.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #126
Hobbomock
Freewheelin'

Oddometer: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano955 View Post
sweet!

where did you go?

I'm transitioning from an R1150R and am finding that increasing distances are strengthening core muscles and decreasing weariness - still may add the mini lift kit for the bars...

did 260 miles last weekend and I'm ready to push 400 - meet you at Thunder Bay Ontario? (1/2 way 'tween CO & CT)
Hobbomock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #127
Modus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
On a stock saddle.... Damn, that would kill me. I can ride for about 6 hrs on mine if I take a break every couple of hours. 350 mile days are possible, but 550+ mile days?

Now that my kids have expressed an interest in riding with me, I'm thinking about if I want to spend some money on making the XX more comfortable for longer two-up rides or get a clean FJR.
I was the same. Spent $20 on a piece of sheepskin and can now do 12 hour days on the stock seat. Amazing difference and the best bang for the buck mod I've ever done.
Modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #128
EetsOK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
I lament the X-11: I never had a chance to get to know you becasue of the crazy politcs of the world we live in,.
I talked to a Honda Canada rep in 2001-2002 (?) and he didn't even knwow aht the X-11 was!

Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #129
Deano955
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbomock View Post
sweet!

where did you go?

I'm transitioning from an R1150R and am finding that increasing distances are strengthening core muscles and decreasing weariness - still may add the mini lift kit for the bars...

did 260 miles last weekend and I'm ready to push 400 - meet you at Thunder Bay Ontario? (1/2 way 'tween CO & CT)
Sounds good!

I went from Denver to Tucson over 2 days. I'm thinking about taking 3 days to go home....
Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #130
Deano955
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post

I hear you. Surprisingly, my arse loves the stock saddle. No monkey butt whatsoever. Sore wrists? Oh yeah. Not as bad as I was expecting however. The Heli Bars work pretty well.

My big day, yesterday, was 647 miles. Honestly, I don't feel any worse for wear than if I had done it on my Tiger.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #131
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,631
I just picked mine up on a fly-n-ride this past weekend. I drove from Baltimore back to the MS gulfcoast and I can tell you, the stock seat sucks. It's got risers and peg lowers, no issues there but that seat has to go. I'm looking for a replacement seat but not sure who I should choose from. Also, my choices are somewhat narrow for an older bike, I find that there are many to choose from anymore.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #132
cplus OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
I just picked mine up on a fly-n-ride this past weekend. I drove from Baltimore back to the MS gulfcoast and I can tell you, the stock seat sucks. It's got risers and peg lowers, no issues there but that seat has to go. I'm looking for a replacement seat but not sure who I should choose from. Also, my choices are somewhat narrow for an older bike, I find that there are many to choose from anymore.
I have a used Corbin headed my way, mostly because I wanted a pillion back rest, but I don't think they still make them. You might find that having the stock saddle rebuilt and re-upholstered to your specs is the way to go.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #133
Hank.SD
Jet Measurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
If you watch the dedicated XX forums you'll find used Corbins come up pretty regularly. I just sold one a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Hank.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #134
Saso
chronically restless

Oddometer: 870
Contevita, I have one that is available. PM me if you're interested.

Saso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #135
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,631
PM sent.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote