ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #901
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Weimer bobbled,James pounced.

Nice pass.


Wrong,

Stewart being the class act he's showing himself to be, ran Weimer up into the corner, he didn't need to do that. I was there, and saw it, Stewart could have made a clean pass, but he had to be an ass about it, which seems to be a recurring Stewart habit. Weimer after the race was philosophical about the incident.

I wonder if 50% or more of the crowd booing Stewart when he's introduced at the openeing ceremonies makes him wonder why.

Reed in an interview made mention about getting to the front and getting ahead of the other crazy riders, I bet he had Stewart specifically in mind when he said that.
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #902
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
Wrong.......

Go watch the video a few times.
You'll see Weimer bobble in the turn allowing JS to run him high.

Not a Stewart fan,but that was a good pass.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #903
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Go watch the video a few times.
You'll see Weimer bobble in the turn allowing JS to run him high.

Not a Stewart fan,but that was a good pass.
Don't need to watch the video I was there. And that wasn't a good pass, not sure how you can say that, not the first time Stewart has done this, and sure will not be the last. Even if Weimer did bobble, it was only because Stewart was running up undeneath him. That was a classless move, Stewart didn't need to do it.
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #904
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
don't need to watch the video i was there. .
ok.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #905
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
Stewart being the class act he's showing himself to be, ran Weimer up into the corner, he didn't need to do that. I was there, and saw it, Stewart could have made a clean pass, but he had to be an ass about it, which seems to be a recurring Stewart habit.

Ricky Bubba is just practicing for his future JGR Nascar days. ---"If you can't pass'em, crash'em."
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #906
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,637
Geez, I hope we have not gotten to the point where hard passes are criminal offenses. I have not seen it yet...so I will reserve this or that opinion. But JS has always been a hard passer, so has Reed. You better be up for the game.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #907
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pork-Chop Express's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Geez, I hope we have not gotten to the point where hard passes are criminal offenses. I have not seen it yet...so I will reserve this or that opinion. But JS has always been a hard passer, so has Reed. You better be up for the game.
I'm not for turning Supercross into soccer and calling foul on the slightest bit of contact either but JS7 had no business pushing Weimer off the top of that burm the way he did. It's racing afterall not roller derby. #7 is riding like a guy who is willing to do anything to win a championship again but the truth of the matter is he can't safely ride at the pace of the top 3 guys anymore. That may change as he gets into better race shape thoughout the season but at the moment the guy is a liability and a risk to anyone who is within 20 yards of him on the track. Don't get me wrong, he's still fun to watch but "he's dangerous Ice......Man" as Maverick from Top Gun would say.
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #908
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork-Chop Express View Post
#7 is riding like a guy who is willing to do anything to win a championship again but the truth of the matter is he can't safely ride at the pace of the top 3 guys anymore. That may change as he gets into better race shape thoughout the season but at the moment the guy is a liability and a risk to anyone who is within 20 yards of him on the track. Don't get me wrong, he's still fun to watch but "he's dangerous Ice......Man" as Maverick from Top Gun would say.
What?
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #909
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pork-Chop Express's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
What?
It was a joke but apparently not that funny.
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #910
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer
 
anotherguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: the hills
Oddometer: 5,936
That's how it's been done for a long time.


__________________
A lie has no feet......it can't stand alone.............
Jason Newsted
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #911
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pork-Chop Express's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
That's how it's been done for a long time.
Taking someone's line is racing. Intentionally pushing them off the top of a burm is a bit much in my humble opinion. There's a reason you could hear the crowd boo when he made that pass, it's because he took it too far. He could have made the pass and gone by faster and cleaner had he not decided to drive someone off the side of the track demolition derby style. One thing I'll give Stewart though is he obviously wants to win bad. He's not just out there collecting a paycheck and trying to increase the ratings of his reality show. Actually, does that show still even exist?
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #912
valvecrusher
tractus pro pensio™
 
valvecrusher's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Dos Circlos
Oddometer: 1,680
race link for those who didn't get to see it on TV

LINK Los angeles SX rd3 2012
OR
(replay of red-flag start around 1:28)


+

Hi-res closeup of Canard's poor luck, and R.Morais is taking a crossbar to the grill.


Dont forget, in race-time, Canard's overall motion was going up(rising) while Morais was dropping(descending)from somewhere around two stories high...(400lbs)

Morais's bikes linkage is hitting Canard's leatt,(destroyed)
Morais rear wheel is hitting TC's mid-back
Morais's frame rails are to the back of TC's head..





Points are now totaled in SXFL. (links are in my signature!)
C'mon you last minute holdouts!
__________________
Honda NX250??
I prefer to ride, and when i do, it's 'un Equi


valvecrusher screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 11:34 PM
valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #913
brents347
Trusting my Cape...
 
brents347's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the hell is Truckee, CA?
Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork-Chop Express View Post
I'm not for turning Supercross into soccer and calling foul on the slightest bit of contact either but JS7 had no business pushing Weimer off the top of that burm the way he did..
Somehow I suspect that JGR and Yamaha think they have a nulti-million doolar contract that says that James' has EVERY BIT of business being in that line.
__________________
07 Yamaha R6
07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
04 KTM 250exc- plated two-stroke

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #914
brents347
Trusting my Cape...
 
brents347's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the hell is Truckee, CA?
Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
I think it had more to do with actually racing the 450cc bike instead of their over hyped mini bike 350.
Short rode the 450 all last season. Only Alessi rode the 350.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post

That and a little bit of luck, but then everyone that beats RV1 this year will need a little luck on their side


.
Hmmm, a first, a second and a third in three weeks. At what point will it become skill to you that Dungey is up there?
__________________
07 Yamaha R6
07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
04 KTM 250exc- plated two-stroke

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #915
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork-Chop Express View Post
Taking someone's line is racing. Intentionally pushing them off the top of a burm is a bit much in my humble opinion. There's a reason you could hear the crowd boo when he made that pass, it's because he took it too far. He could have made the pass and gone by faster and cleaner had he not decided to drive someone off the side of the track demolition derby style. One thing I'll give Stewart though is he obviously wants to win bad. He's not just out there collecting a paycheck and trying to increase the ratings of his reality show. Actually, does that show still even exist?
Garthe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014