Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #946
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,570
[QUOTE=zenjen;17815854]
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad600 View Post

You need to go back and check the 2011 thread.
Yeah, that was only about 20 pages!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #947
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,293
I'm not a Stewart fan, but I have no issue with the Weimer pass - standard block-passing stuff. It may have been more than necessary for the situation, but that's a risk assessment made by each rider on the spot - how much do you want to risk to get the result? Stewart could have easily gotten tangled up and gone down during that pass. He took the risk and got the reward.

- Mark

markjenn screwed with this post 01-23-2012 at 07:32 PM
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #948
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Interesting observations and perhaps the bike isn't quite right, but if you're looking for a bogeyman in Stewarts lack of pace and proclivity towards crashing, it is hard to ignore the elephant in the room - that he simply hasn't been racing enough to have appropriate conditioning for a hard-core SX season against toughened competitors, but physical and mental. I think Stewart is thinking about his next career.

- Mark

I wonder how much this year's tires have to do with it. We know already the Pirellis were lacking.
It seems like the Dunlop riders are having their share of front wheel washouts.
Chad Reed mentioned that he went back to a 2011 front tire because he didn't like the current offerings.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #949
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
That is definately not the first SX race I have ever seen, but I'm not here to prove my fan qualifications to anybody. More importantly, I never made that statement. You have mis-quoted me. It was originally written by PTradam (post 919).
Ahh, you are correct sir, my apologies. I completely brain farted on that one.

In my defense, is it me or is the "quote" button acting a bit funny? I see a few other posts are mis-quoting a quote, like mine did? (might be just me though...)
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #950
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlawfulsm View Post
+100

Cant have much respect from Stewart who has the opportunity to make clean passes, but does not. Reed battled Weimer for a couple laps and made a clean pass in that exact corner. Stewart chose not too, Villipoto came from 14th and made clean passes the entire way. I also cannot respect Stewart, who is not on his game, because he doesn't race the full outdoor series. It takes serious determination and mental stamina, that Stewart doesn't have, to only race 4 months out of the year and expect to come into this series and win is another.
This cracks me up, personally I can only ride at my best on an MX track, which I fully admit is not even very good, for a few minutes at a time, maybe three times a month. If you feel like it's so easy to ride SX at this level for ONLY a few months out of the year, they why aren't you doing it for a living...? Easy money right...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #951
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,570
Quote:
This cracks me up, personally I can only ride at my best on an MX track, which I fully admit is not even very good, for a few minutes at a time, maybe three times a month. If you feel like it's so easy to ride SX at this level for ONLY a few months out of the year, they why aren't you doing it for a living...? Easy money right...
Did you break into Jerry Brown's stash today? Isn't that what he said? You can't do it in spurts?

shrineclown screwed with this post 01-23-2012 at 10:11 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #952
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Did you break into Jerry Brown's stash today? Isn't that what he said? You can't do it in sports?
Great minds..... ....or Oakland minds...one of those.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #953
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
[QUOTE=srad600;17815812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post

Is this the first sx race you've ever watched? It's called a block pass, and looking at the "incident" in slo-motion, Stewart did not take out anyone, he got in close and blocked Weimers line. Sucks that Weimer fell, but it's hilarious that people want to act like that type of pass is anything new. If weimer was balanced at that point he would not have fallen down at all.

Anyone remember the pass Chad Reed put on Stewart last year, where he turned 90 degress to the track and took the both down...I didn't see too many people complaining about that...
Definately not the 1st race I've watched. Chad Reed passed Weimer in the same turn. Clean. Go watch it on youtube or whatever. And, yes, I remember last year when Chad cleaned Bubba's clock. Pleanty of people calling Chad dirty at the time.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #954
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,228
Weimer should have tried to catch his balance by grabbing on to Stewart or his bike.

Make these guys that like to block wonder if that is the best move. I don't mind aggressive moves lets just see it more fair.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #955
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
[QUOTE=PTRadam;17819686]
Quote:

Definately not the 1st race I've watched. Chad Reed passed Weimer in the same turn. Clean. Go watch it on youtube or whatever. And, yes, I remember last year when Chad cleaned Bubba's clock. Pleanty of people calling Chad dirty at the time.

+1 on this. Stewart is wild and sloppy... sure he's fast, but crashes himself out too much. He's no Bob Hannah.

Can't wait to see him and Danica getting bumped into the walls and complaining about it in NASCAR.
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #956
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
The quote function is definately messed up. When you quote someone it shows up as yourself.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #957
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
The quote function is definately messed up. When you quote someone it shows up as yourself.
Works for me?

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #958
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 512
Just heard that TC is more upset about letting his fans down then himself. Now that's a good role model. His mother is just asking for everyone to pray for TC and RM.

As for the tough blocks they are a lot better then the hay bales from the past. It might just be a good idea to screen print the logo's on the tough blocks instead of using those covers.

CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
Don't blame me I didn't vote for the lawyer
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #959
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
[QUOTE=PTRadam;17819686]
Quote:

Those 2 passes are not even comparable. Chad left Bubba room(2 bike lengths?) and a options(hit the gas or hit the brakes). Bubba ran Wiemer up and over the bales on a steep bank. Wiemer had no option. No Bubba's dumb ass has someone else he has to watch for. He has history with half the field now.

Where is Natchflug when Bubba needs him?
jonnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #960
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Tc/rm

Anybody got the latest updates on the injuries/condition?
jonnyw is offline   Reply With Quote