Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #46
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,612
yeah, how are you doing after 6+ months?

I have been looking at this scooter and it might be part of the final 3 options for my next scooter.

Thanks for the info

Damasovi
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #47
TINGLER OP
Swamp lips

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post

I have been looking at this scooter and it might be part of the final 3 options for my next scooter.

Thanks for the info

Damasovi
I sold mine. Sorry to say.

I liked it alot but thought I was going to move to a place where I wouldn't be able to use it. I sold it and then the move fell through. Figures.
TINGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho View Post
So first I am trying an unlimited CDI to get a bit more rpms. The DC models have become cheaper and easier to find. Probably a little bit of rejet (needle shimming etc) to match the new CDI and see where that goes. If it's pretty strong but still not fast enough I would like to next try changing the final drive gear ratio.
I got my new race CDI and coil today for the Agility 125. The CDI definitely seems a bit hotter, but I can't really tell about the coil. But at least now I have both a CDI and coil as spares in a little baggie for when either fails on the road.

Here's what I got: "DC performance stage one ignition kit" http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/ for $49.95

Weather looks like it may hold up tomorrow, in which case I will take the scooter and test out the top speed.
potatoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #49
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post

Thanks for the info

Damasovi
I've still got mine, I will have owned it 4 years this summer. Zero problems, zero issues. It runs like a Honda. Best bang for the buck out there in this engine size and cheaper than a lot of 50s. The only thing is - now that I also have a T-Max, the Agility feels a bit crude compared to the F-16 fighter jet parked next to it!
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Weather looks like it may hold up tomorrow, in which case I will take the scooter and test out the top speed.
Seems as if the CDI/coil is giving me another 3-5 mph (65-69 indicated) but more importantly it seems to run stronger. It may actually be slipping at top speed because the rpms seem noticeably higher than before.

I have another OEM belt coming in soon. I will put that on and keep the other as a spare and see what it does. I will also begin researching a change of the final drive gears because I think this motor could now pull a taller gear.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #51
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,649
Hi PotatoHO :)

another interested Agility 125 owner and rider here. i was going to ask you perhaps to post some pics of the work you did, or maybe a little instruction / advice. but i was sleepy last night lol. got lazy, and now its done :(

anyway not all bikes are created equal, but ours are because they are the same. so other then the results, which sound fine, is there ANYTHING else that needs to be done with this to make it work right and reliable? adjustments, tweaking the carb, airbox stuff, etc?

i am hoping its just "plug and play" so to speak. also, can you feel or sense a difference besides top speed increase? is it peppier / punchier overall? although increased top speed would be fine. when traffic is moving 60mph but i am only doing 53mph an extra 5mph is massive :)

i for one am very interested in what you are doing here, step by step. love my Agility, too. almost two years and 9000 miles, no issues. and if i do any of this, i don't not want any.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #52
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by soboy View Post
I've still got mine, I will have owned it 4 years this summer. Zero problems, zero issues. It runs like a Honda. Best bang for the buck out there in this engine size and cheaper than a lot of 50s. The only thing is - now that I also have a T-Max, the Agility feels a bit crude compared to the F-16 fighter jet parked next to it!
Hey soboy!
It is my expert opinion that you're ready to replace the Agility 125 with a
Like 200i. I'll be here waiting for pics. Kkthnx.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
i for one am very interested in what you are doing here, step by step. love my Agility, too. almost two years and 9000 miles, no issues. and if i do any of this, i don't not want any.
I just swapped back from Dr. Pulley 13g sliders to the stock 14g rollers. Honestly I think it rides better stock. Right now it runs smooth and strong. I still have the yellow clutch spring which engages at slightly lower rpm, which I will keep because that was a pain to change. I am happy that it doesn't cause issues with my stock rollers.

So I'm gonna say thumbs-down for changing out rollers and clutch spring. Though it's not much harder than changing out a belt, the changes didn't blow me away and in fact I'd return to stock but for the fact that changing my clutch spring is a PITA. Actually I kinda dig the earlier engagement.

Unless I have long term issues, I give this CDI swap a thumbs-up. The CDI is a 30-second swap, though the ignition coil change takes about 15 minutes. With the ignition coil change (comes in the performance kit I posted above) I didn't notice any difference in ride compared with my stock coil, and I feel the stock coil is a bit higher build quality LOL. But it's nice to have 90% of the electronics as a carry-along spare.

So step-by-step I would get the DC Fired Performance CDI for $29.95 from here http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/12...rformance.html and plug it in right next to the battery. You get a bit hotter acceleration and maybe a few extra mph. And maybe it blows up but so far so good

Reminds me that I want to increase my main jet a bit and see if it responds. I also have a new OEM belt coming in and I suspect that will boost my top speed slightly because I think my belt is not so fresh.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #54
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
My fuel economy is kinda suckage. Put 1 gallon in today, 66.7 miles (route measured via google maps) = 66.7 mpg. That's about 75% with stock rollers and 25% with 13g dr pulley sliders.
My fuel economy really sucked yesterday. 51.2 miles per 0.89 gallon = 57.5 mpg. That's a route I measured on google maps, presumably it's correct. I filled up at two different stations though. That commute is 90% wide open throttle.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #55
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,862
Wide open and 90% open will result in a huge change in MPG figures, and
probably just 2-3mph.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #56
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Wide open and 90% open will result in a huge change in MPG figures, and
probably just 2-3mph.
I meant that 90% of the trip miles was WOT. But regarding a comparison with my earlier trip it's the same commuting path but I went an extra leg the first time.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #57
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
My fuel economy really sucked yesterday. 51.2 miles per 0.89 gallon = 57.5 mpg. That's a route I measured on google maps, presumably it's correct. I filled up at two different stations though. That commute is 90% wide open throttle.
In the four years I've owned mine, the worst mileage I have seen was 79 mpg, the best 91 mpg. It always stays in that range. Ride it like I stole it, I get 80 mpg. Take it a bit easy on the throttle, 90 mpg.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #58
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by TINGLER View Post
.....and I really like it (so far). Hope it's as good as you all make them out to be. Anyone know where I can get a manual for it?

I won't tell what I paid for it.....but I will say I could not pass it up for the asking price.

It'll be a playmate to my wife's Zuma 50. The Zuma hooked me on scooters.

The Kymco smokes the Zuma as far as power is concerned.....but it doesn't have that cool "Ringggg a ddddiinnnnggg ddddinnnggg".............The Zuma seems like it has more muscle, but ONLY because of that screaming little engine. Funny how that sound works. Too bad everything isn't two stroke. We could all die gasping for air in a blue cloud of highway bliss.

The Kymco could also use some knobbie tires. Everything looks better with knobbies.
Oh yeah!!!!! Ring dings are great, especially big ones. Back in the day I had a Suzuki GT550 and a couple of 750's.

Especially with the 750's when just cruising excess oil would build up from the oil injection. Grab a big handful and the excess would be dumped out the back. If some moron in a 455 Riv was on your tail; grab a gig handful and smog em. I looked back and the clown had his wipers on trying to see where he was going. LOL Those were the days.
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #59
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soboy View Post
In the four years I've owned mine, the worst mileage I have seen was 79 mpg, the best 91 mpg. It always stays in that range. Ride it like I stole it, I get 80 mpg. Take it a bit easy on the throttle, 90 mpg.
Mine does seem a bit low. I suppose my mileage tracking method could be funky. I am using google maps on my computer and getting driving directions for the same route and then I add up all the routes I've travelled. Perhaps their routes are not accurate.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #60
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Rode today. 55.5 mi in 1.027 gal = 54 mpg

That's with the stock rollers I put back in. I couldn't hang much above 60 indicated, kinda windy. It would do it when I got into a pocket of calm weather or a truck passed. Top speed is really dependent upon atmosphere.

I think I am getting a bit of belt slip. I have a new belt which I will probably install this weekend.