User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Thumb '14+ VFR800F/D Billet Bar Risers by MotoPumps

Back in July, I purchased a '14 VFR800D in Pearl White to replace my ailing '98 VFR. I love the new VFR for its light and narrow feel, beautiful styling and nicely integrated bags.

I might be getting old, but the bars felt a bit low. I ordered the Honda accessory handlebar riser blocks P/N 08R70-MJM-D10 for $119.00 and installed them. They really made a big difference, all out of proportion to their .6" height.

The next weekend I took them back off and made a visit to my local suspension/machine shop. We came to an agreement on a price that would allow me to have small runs of high quality 6061 billet aluminum, anodized to a very close bronze match and upgrade the hardware to high-strength stainless, replacing Honda's rust-prone standard steel allen bolts -- and offer them at a little more than half of what Honda was charging.

CAD drawings, changes, approvals, prototypes, test fitting, finishing, final approvals and deposits followed.

After developing the .6" height model, I decided to also commission a run of 1.25" risers. Longer bolts are included, and there are no cable, clutch or brake line issues with the added height. You can also raise the fork tubes .5" in the triple clamps if desired.

Everything is 100% US made and the machining quality is beautiful. Here is an opportunity to improve the ergos on your '14 and later VFR and save significant $$ off of Honda's accessory price.

The kit includes an Instruction Sheet, Stainless Steel Hardware and a Pair of .7" or 1.2" Bronze Anodized 6061 Aluminum Risers. Installation takes about 5 minutes.

The color is not a perfect match for the bronze metallic paint on the bars and triple clamp, but is close and the anodizing is tougher than paint. From the saddle, almost none of the risers are visible.

Make your Gentlemen's Sportbike a little easier on your back while taking it easy on your wallet.

Just in time for the ultimate stocking stuffer. Point your sweetie at this thread.

Free USA shipping!

International Shipping via USPS Priority Mail International at my cost, no markup.

2014 VFR Bar Riser Size Options

03 ZX6R & '14 VFR800F & 89 Honda Hawk GT x2

Motopumps screwed with this post 11-29-2014 at 06:10 AM
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Here is some nice national press from Motorcycle.com featuring the risers.

I found that with a taller shield, using a Givi right now, the taller risers are great for my old back.

MotorCycle.com Article

"The MotoPumps’ 1.25 in. riser relaxes the rider’s upper body and lessens the forward lean of the torso. Compare my head location relative to the garage door to seen how much my riding position has been adjusted."
03 ZX6R & '14 VFR800F & 89 Honda Hawk GT x2
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote