Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #2206
pachap
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Ah yes, the Honda Powerhouse. Or why Honda is OFF my shopping list. "Yes sir, we'll see if we can work your Gold Wing in between the lawn mower and the weed trimmer...." Fuck Honda!
It always cracks me up when I go into a Honda dealer with all this crap laying around. As bad as the customer service is on the bikes I'll just go to Home-Dumpster or Nowe's to buy a generator or a lawn mower. Hell, the way the customer service has been at the Honda dealers lately makes me wish I could buy a motorcycle at a home improvement store.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #2207
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,006
See, that is where Honda is cutting it close.

For $7000* MSRP, Honda gives you a 472 lb, 51 hp machine, that sorta is a dual sport.
For $7851* MSRP, BMW gives you a 425 lb, 48 hp machine that really is a dual sport, and also has ABS.

Honda could spend on ABS plus enough farkle to make it an attractive dual sport without passing BMW's price. Seems foolish not to.

* I lied and increased both MSRP quotes by one dollar. Marketing departments and their 9s...
Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #2208
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachap View Post
WTF is wrong with the Honda dealers around here? I am trying to give them $7500+ dollars for a bike that might miss the point on the American market, thereby doing them a big favor, and they act like I am a pain in the ass because I politely ask them a few questions about when it might be in. When I asked the salesman to call me when he gets one in he acted like I had asked him for his mom's phone number.
What's wrong with you guys? If you don't like not getting proper answers send the idiot to go and get his Manager.
I don't put up with shitty service anywhere else, why put up with it at a bike shop just because it seems to be a tradition.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #2209
y2blade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
What's wrong with you guys? If you don't like not getting proper answers send the idiot to go and get his Manager.
I don't put up with shitty service anywhere else, why put up with it at a bike shop just because it seems to be a tradition.

"Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face"
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #2210
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 16,985
Quote:
If they did that, what would they have to bitch about on an internet forum?

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #2211
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
You can get lawn mowers at bike shops in America? In Japan all the bike shops sell are....bikes. (Yes, including Honda).
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #2212
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
You can get lawn mowers at bike shops in America? In Japan all the bike shops sell are....bikes. (Yes, including Honda).
Only Honda.

They announced a strategy recently to pull their bikes out of multi-line dealers and consolidate them into 'Honda Powerhouses' that sell pressure washers, lawn mowers, motorcycles, etc. Everything in one place, usually attached to a car dealership.

They're the worst customer service experience in the moto industry.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #2213
pachap
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
The manager is usually just as lost as anyone else.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #2214
Wuwei
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Because there is no other kind, for many of us. Probably somewhat better than buying a new car though. Someday I hope to see online companies like Amazon selling cars and motorcycles--maybe the manufacturers will promote their new bikes through shows, special demonstration show rooms, and other ways, but most of us will then log on, find the best price and financing, and it will be delivered to our door ready to go in a couple of days.

Why must we endure such pain to spend so much money?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #2215
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Only Honda.

They announced a strategy recently to pull their bikes out of multi-line dealers and consolidate them into 'Honda Powerhouses' that sell pressure washers, lawn mowers, motorcycles, etc. Everything in one place, usually attached to a car dealership.

That's where I got lucky.I have a friend that is a certified Honda mechanic where I work, if there is anything I can't handle, not to mention a pretty good dealer near me. Salesmen are mostly uninformed no matter where I go.
I don't play the $85.00 per book hour game.
turbodieseli4i6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #2216
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post

For $7000* MSRP, Honda gives you a 472 lb, 51 hp machine, that sorta is a dual sport.
For $7851* MSRP, BMW gives you a 425 lb, 48 hp machine that really is a dual sport, and also has ABS.

Honda could spend on ABS plus enough farkle to make it an attractive dual sport without passing BMW's price. Seems foolish not to.

* I lied and increased both MSRP quotes by one dollar. Marketing departments and their 9s...
Nice looking bike, get back with us in a couple of years and compare cost to 30,000 miles.

Er, the NCx is adventure styled but makes no pretense of any dual sport capabilities, kind of like the Multistrada or Versys "any paved road" ability. There are other rivals in this segment and I think there is a conscious effort to make it a bike different enough it doesn't really compete at all in dual sport.

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #2217
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post

Yep! you could buy the BMW for $851.00 more. But I wanted the reliability of a Honda not BMW.
Not to mention I have dealers all around me if anything went wrong. Not so with the Beemer. If I do get a Beemer it will be a old Boxer.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #2218
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
they make robots too, but I didn't know they could do that!
How about a Jet? http://hondajet.honda.com/
Old 07-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #2219
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Quote:
Only Honda.

I don't think that is the strategy everywhere. The local KTM/Victory/Kawasaki dealer also started selling Honda in the last month.
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #2220
Towjam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Only Honda.

Please post a link to this "announcment".

Honda Powerhouse dealers do *not* sell pressure washers or lawn mowers nor are they attached to an auto dealership.

"I had to lay her down." - from the Latin phrase meaning "I fell over."
Towjam is offline   Reply With Quote