Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #3646
Fuzzy74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
It took me only a few seconds to google "2013 NC700X".
Tried it and first page appeared to be all older posts that consider the current NC700x a 2013.

I contacted a dealer about a DCT version. He said he can't order another one untilthe 2013s are available in April.

So are the current 700s a 2012 or 2013? If 2012 then a legitimate question of changes and when 2013s will be available.
Fuzzy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #3647
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Do not know for US, but over here 2012 are sold out. You need to preorder a 2013. Unchanged, but slightly more expensive. BTW even for 2013 models it looks like you need to be prepared for lengthy delivery due to demands staying high. I had to wait 5 months for my NC in 2012, so I recommend to order soon :)
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #3648
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I doubt a bike which is doing this well is going to be a one-year-wonder and go out of production so quickly. I would expect the bike to remain in production for quite a while, although of course availability in different markets may change, depending on local reception.
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #3649
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
They had one sitting at my local dealership a few weeks ago. It had been there for at least a couple of weeks. I haven't been by in a while, so I don't know about now...I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the bike over the next model year or two. Honda regularly makes small, yearly tweaks to their models, especially if it's a brand new model. Nothing major but suspension spring rates/damping, small internal engine tweaks, brake tweaks, and the like. They're famous for fine-tuning to perfection (By their concept, anyway.). Anything is possible.
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #3650
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I doubt a bike which is doing this well is going to be a one-year-wonder and go out of production so quickly. I would expect the bike to remain in production for quite a while, although of course availability in different markets may change, depending on local reception.
True story. Part of Honda's "problem" in some eyes is they don't give folks what they want in their product line. That's because Honda is big on the "world view/market" and tries to lead things in the direction they think it should go. The 700X won't go away; you'll see more products like it. Witness the new 500's...
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #3651
watrboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
2013??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
They had one sitting at my local dealership a few weeks ago. It had been there for at least a couple of weeks. I haven't been by in a while, so I don't know about now...I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the bike over the next model year or two. Honda regularly makes small, yearly tweaks to their models, especially if it's a brand new model. Nothing major but suspension spring rates/damping, small internal engine tweaks, brake tweaks, and the like. They're famous for fine-tuning to perfection (By their concept, anyway.). Anything is possible.
I was by the dealership where I purchased mine yesterday and the salesman said they are ordering 2013's for spring delivery. Nothing firm yet, but he can't get any more 2012 units. Interest has picked up, but he is not big into that side of the market anyway, lots of 4 wheelers and boats in his inventory.

I ordered tall screen and centerstand, BO till 2nd week of January. I wouldn't normally wait, but my discount makes it worth while, snow forecast anyway for a few days.
watrboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #3652
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrboy View Post
I was by the dealership where I purchased mine yesterday and the salesman said they are ordering 2013's for spring delivery. Nothing firm yet, but he can't get any more 2012 units. Interest has picked up, but he is not big into that side of the market anyway, lots of 4 wheelers and boats in his inventory.

I ordered tall screen and centerstand, BO till 2nd week of January. I wouldn't normally wait, but my discount makes it worth while, snow forecast anyway for a few days.
Dealer here, sells Suzuki, Kawasaki, and KTM also, and after the manual transmission NC sold is having a hard time selling the dual clutch automatic model. This model appeals to the rider moving up from a scooter and not wanting a manual transmission or a first time buyer with limited experience and the big problem is finding buyers with credit.
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #3653
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenuf View Post
Dealer here, sells Suzuki, Kawasaki, and KTM also, and after the manual transmission NC sold is having a hard time selling the dual clutch automatic model. This model appeals to the rider moving up from a scooter and not wanting a manual transmission or a first time buyer with limited experience and the big problem is finding buyers with credit.
My most recent bike prior to this was a scooter, and I loved the auto trans for my commute, but it wasn't worth spending an add'l $2k for it, considering my entire scooter was only $2500.

Also, as this bike is targeted as a "commuter" bike, not having to deal w/ the clutch in stop & go traffic is always a plus (even in a cage this is a benefit). With the ability to lane split most of the time here in Cali, it just wasn't as big of a drawback to justify spending the add'l $2k. Understood that ABS was included in this $2k bump, but the 2 of those just didn't do it for me.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #3654
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,456
If anyone is looking, there is a base MT version brand new at Honda East in maumee, Ohio. It's listed at 6400 and been sitting there for a couple months, so maybe someone could scoop it up for cheap? But, I've never bought a bike there so I don't know what kind of bullshit fees they may try attach.

As you can probably assume, I'm not affiliated w/ them.

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #3655
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
[QUOTE=Cortez;20188522]...assume (and probably be correct) that there are
no changes to it for 2013...colors, maybe one or two "new" for US, but in reality already
available elsewhere.../QUOTE]

I made sure to jump on getting my 2012 NC700X because of it's black paint. I didn't want to chance waiting until 2013 models came out in case they changed to another colour. (Canada-we usually only get one paint scheme, and I wouldn't have wanted the bike in any other colour)

It's possible there might be one or two left over models around after the new ones arrive, but didn't want to chance that either. They seem to be selling extremely well up here.

I'm too finacially challenged to have a brand new bike professionally painted the hue I want, and I'm too fussy, incompetent and lazy to paint it myself lol...
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #3656
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,608
Cool Springs Honda in Franklin TN has a manual trans model and a dct model on the floor. Both have been there for a while. They like to add fees to their sales, so if you want to make an offer, you may want to ask them about the fees first.

Southern Powersports in Chattanooga and Abernathy Honda in Union City TN do not charge fees. I do not know if they have any in stock.

I am not affiliated with any of these dealers.

I wish I could buy one!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #3657
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
Southern Powersports in Chattanooga and Abernathy Honda in Union City TN do not charge fees. I do not know if they have any in stock.
I wish I could buy one!
I checked with Abernathy's Cycle a week or two ago, and then they had a couple or so in stock for $6400. The salesman I talked with said while they weren't for everyone, he really liked riding it, and they had sold a few. So evidently I'm not the only one who's asked about them. As for wishing I could buy one, definitely me too!
Tony
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #3658
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
I have a disabled friend who is interested in this bike as he wants to start riding. I have a couple of questions that I am trying to get answered for him..

1) how is the seat height? He is short with short legs.
2) how does it feel weight wise?
3) He is disabled and has lost function of his left foot and has a prosthetic for his right. Can the brake pedal be relocated? I was thinking a brake lever on the left handlebar with lines run down from there.
4) being link braking is a relocation truly needed? How is the braking power?
5) how is the transmission? How is the 100% automatic mode?

Thanks for your help!
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #3659
jcbrandon
Just a guy

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
I have a disabled friend who is interested in this bike as he wants to start riding. I have a couple of questions that I am trying to get answered for him..
1) The seat height might be an issue. Published height is 32.7 inches. I'm 5'11" with a 30-inch inseam and it is comfortable for me.
2) It feels much lighter than it actually is. The Honda is at least 50 pounds heavier than my KLR650. But it feels much lighter. It feels as if the CG is between your ankles, rather than up around your knees.
3) It might be possible to re-work the rear brake to operate from the left grip. The Honda Integra is already set up this way and is built on the same platform as the NC700. The Integra is not currently available in the US.
4) Braking is adequate. With the linked brake setup you might be able to get away with just a front brake lever.
5) I really like the DCT transmission. The $2,000 uptick over the manual shift version might be tough to justify for many riders. But for someone who requires it, it's an easy choice. In full auto mode the bike is still very fun to ride. The sport mode is fairly sporty. And you can still shift the bike manually via the levers on the left grip.
jcbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #3660
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Regarding 4)

The linking doesn't work that way. Operating the front alone doesn't activate the rear except in situations where the ABS kicks in.

Applying rear alone progressively applies the front.
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote