ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #3721
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Oddometer: 478
Great roads there in the Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
Im thinking about trading in my 99 goldwing se for one of these. If I do get one I will also be selling my 05 ninja 250 as well. The ninja is my perfect around town bike and the goldwing is for longer trips or when I need more luggage room. Im hoping to split the difference between the two and just get down to one bike. Russelville Ark on ebay seems to have some good deals. Im definately getting the manual geared one, not the dct.
Home for a number of years was Ava, MO. I was riding a Suzuki SV650 then, bought in Russelvile. I sure miss the riding all through the Ozarks. I used to wear out the sides of the tires equal to the rest of the tire then. The NC will love those winding roads, and be equally at home for longer ventures.

Now I see, Home is Iowa. Anyway if you have time go for some riding in the Russelville area.
Art

oldenuf screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 03:19 PM
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #3722
firebrick
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Oddometer: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenuf View Post
Home for a number of years was Ava, MO. I was riding a Suzuki SV650 then, bought in Russelvile. I sure miss the riding all through the Ozarks. I used to wear out the sides of the tires equal to the rest of the tire then. The NC will love those winding roads, and be equally at home for longer ventures.

Now I see, Home is Iowa. Anyway if you have time go for some riding in the Russelville area.
Art
Ya I live in Iowa but my mom is down in Harrison so ive rode some of the roads down there before. Great stuff.
__________________
2009 buddy 125
firebrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #3723
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp
 
rowdymoose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Marina del Rey, CA
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
Ya I live in Iowa but my mom is down in Harrison so ive rode some of the roads down there before. Great stuff.
Oh man...some great riding around Harrison! Haven't been up there since my college years at UofA.
__________________
2012 Honda NC700X
rowdymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #3724
sniper1rfa
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
Stroms are price-point ... and very price-point'ish...

Literally everything is built to a price point, right up to the Saturn 5 rocket that put us on the moon.

I bet if you spend $50k you could get exactly what you want. Now cough up.
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #3725
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper1rfa View Post
Literally everything is built to a price point, right up to the Saturn 5 rocket that put us on the moon.

I bet if you spend $50k you could get exactly what you want. Now cough up.
True story but you know exactly what I meant. The connotation of the phrase is very clear and established. I have "paid up" for much better bikes (many times) and I will again. Just waiting for the right one(s). Drop the weight and up the quality of components on the NC-X and I'll gladly pay more. That's exactly what I'm asking for. I say again, perhaps an NCX-R.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #3726
ridewv
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
Just waiting for the right one(s). Drop the weight and up the quality of components on the NC-X and I'll gladly pay more. That's exactly what I'm asking for. I say again, perhaps an NCX-R.
How about a BMW F700? More power, lighter, better brakes, and still a parallel twin.
__________________
2015 Road King
2014 R1200GSA
2006 DR650
2000 CB750
1993 R100R
ridewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #3727
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewv View Post
How about a BMW F700? More power, lighter, better brakes, and still a parallel twin.
Very tempting. Even more so is the new F800GT. If the maintenance and/or the reliability turn out to not be major issues, I'd be very interested. That and the fact that the nearest dealership is almost an hour away. That hurts. I'm still keeping an eye on it. And, yes, I'm aware I'm asking for it (almost) all. It's part of the fun, for me, at this point.

Thanks.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #3728
ridewv
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
... That and the fact that the nearest dealership is almost an hour away....
LOL that's an hour and half nearer than my dealer!

Ok sorry for the drift, now back to the NC700X.
__________________
2015 Road King
2014 R1200GSA
2006 DR650
2000 CB750
1993 R100R
ridewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #3729
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewv View Post
LOL that's an hour and half nearer than my dealer!

Ok sorry for the drift, now back to the NC700X.
Understood. Different strokes...I'm not the mechanical type. I like my dealer/shop nearby.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #3730
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 121
Surely there must be threads where the bikes that do appeal to you are being discussed.....
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #3731
watrboy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
watrboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Laurel, MT
Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
Surely there must be threads where the bikes that do appeal to you are being discussed.....
+1

__________________
Observing the world, and enjoying the view.
2014 S10 ES
watrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #3732
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
Surely there must be threads where the bikes that do appeal to you are being discussed.....
Put him on your ignore list like I did, then you won't see anything he says. http://www.advrider.com/forums/profi...?do=ignorelist
__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #3733
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Put him on your ignore list like I did, then you won't see anything he says. http://www.advrider.com/forums/profi...?do=ignorelist
Excellent advice if you're unable to ignore certain entries for whatever reason(s). I'm in several topics. Better to avoid me altogether if you can't handle it. Such silliness...
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #3734
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 121
I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why you're actively posting in a thread about a bike you neither own nor want to own, choosing instead to talk here about the other bikes which you find more preferable.

If it isn't just an effort to be the center of attention, then what is it?
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #3735
Paebr332
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why you're actively posting in a thread about a bike you neither own nor want to own, choosing instead to talk here about the other bikes which you find more preferable.

If it isn't just an effort to be the center of attention, then what is it?
Some people troll as a hobby.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015