ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #3736
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
Surely there must be threads where the bikes that do appeal to you are being discussed.....
Put him on your ignore list like I did, then you won't see anything he says. http://www.advrider.com/forums/profi...?do=ignorelist
__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #3737
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Put him on your ignore list like I did, then you won't see anything he says. http://www.advrider.com/forums/profi...?do=ignorelist
Excellent advice if you're unable to ignore certain entries for whatever reason(s). I'm in several topics. Better to avoid me altogether if you can't handle it. Such silliness...
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #3738
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 121
I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why you're actively posting in a thread about a bike you neither own nor want to own, choosing instead to talk here about the other bikes which you find more preferable.

If it isn't just an effort to be the center of attention, then what is it?
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #3739
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why you're actively posting in a thread about a bike you neither own nor want to own, choosing instead to talk here about the other bikes which you find more preferable.

If it isn't just an effort to be the center of attention, then what is it?
Some people troll as a hobby.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #3740
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer
 
beemerphile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why you're actively posting in a thread about a bike you neither own nor want to own, choosing instead to talk here about the other bikes which you find more preferable.

If it isn't just an effort to be the center of attention, then what is it?
He is on a waiting list for a personality transplant and has a bit of time to kill.
__________________
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - Lee
Amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until
they never get it wrong
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #3741
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,087
I'm possibly interested in the bike but I have some concerns. Kinda' makes sense to stay tuned for info. and future decision-making matters, no? You folks seem to think if one realizes a short-coming or concern w/a bike, or even has a different personal opinion or taste, he's not interested and is dogging the bike and all those interested in/owning it. Strange jump. Alas, you're big boys (I presume.); you make your choices.

As for being a troll? Please. I've been on here since '09. I've had no other problems here, save for you touchy, fragile souls. However, were I a troll, it would be too easy. This is obviously an incredibly target-rich environment. I'm literally not even trying.

For attention? That makes sense...We're on the internet, Bubba. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me. That's some kind of attention. Poor hypothesis; try again.

I'm on here (and numerous other sites.) out of motorcycling interest and have been for years and here I'll stay for the foreseeable future. Amazingly enough, I haven't had trouble on other topics or sites. Hmmm...

Once again, 'cause I'm that kind of guy: I'm all for pressing on. I explained myself after the first misunderstood response and offered another olive branch to move on w/it, afterwards. We can act like intelligent adults and move on or we can stay this course until I lose interest. I was pressing on w/other folks and responses until you guys brought it up again. You, not me. I'm going to be around talking bikes and riding. We can add this to the menu or not. I'd just as soon press on, as I've also already said and tried.
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #3742
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,087
And, yes, I have plenty of time to kill. Too old for a personality transplant. It is what it is.
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #3743
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
And, yes, I have plenty of time to kill. Too old for a personality implant. It is what it is.
I fixed your post.
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #3744
precarious
Studly Adventurer
 
precarious's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 555
After reading and watching much on the NC, it seems to me, it seems to me that if the NC came with a 19" front, it would be getting lauded as the second coming of the F650. It just makes a lot of sense. It doesn't have the sex appeal of a GSA or a Super Tenere, but it's good cheap fun.

Coming off a DL1000, this actually is a large blip on my radar between the Super Tenere, GSA, and Triumph Explorer. Excess, excess, sensibility, excess... it really opens up a whole new world. It kind of brings the market back 20 or 30 years when bikes were really good, cheap fun.

If nothing else, Honda deserves credit for taking a chance on a world-class machine which may well redefine the riding world.
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #3745
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
I'm possibly interested in the bike but I have some concerns. Kinda' makes sense to stay tuned for info. and future decision-making matters, no? You folks seem to think if one realizes a short-coming or concern w/a bike, or even has a different personal opinion or taste, he's not interested and is dogging the bike and all those interested in/owning it. Strange jump. Alas, you're big boys (I presume.); you make your choices.

As for being a troll? Please. I've been on here since '09. I've had no other problems here, save for you touchy, fragile souls. However, were I a troll, it would be too easy. This is obviously an incredibly target-rich environment. I'm literally not even trying.

For attention? That makes sense...We're on the internet, Bubba. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me. That's some kind of attention. Poor hypothesis; try again.

I'm on here (and numerous other sites.) out of motorcycling interest and have been for years and here I'll stay for the foreseeable future. Amazingly enough, I haven't had trouble on other topics or sites. Hmmm...

Once again, 'cause I'm that kind of guy: I'm all for pressing on. I explained myself after the first misunderstood response and offered another olive branch to move on w/it, afterwards. We can act like intelligent adults and move on or we can stay this course until I lose interest. I was pressing on w/other folks and responses until you guys brought it up again. You, not me. I'm going to be around talking bikes and riding. We can add this to the menu or not. I'd just as soon press on, as I've also already said and tried.
buh bye.
__________________
Don't drive like my brother!
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #3746
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Oddometer: 435
Wicked Honda title, "adventure motorcycle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
After reading and watching much on the NC, it seems to me, it seems to me that if the NC came with a 19" front, it would be getting lauded as the second coming of the F650. It just makes a lot of sense. It doesn't have the sex appeal of a GSA or a Super Tenere, but it's good cheap fun.

Coming off a DL1000, this actually is a large blip on my radar between the Super Tenere, GSA, and Triumph Explorer. Excess, excess, sensibility, excess... it really opens up a whole new world. It kind of brings the market back 20 or 30 years when bikes were really good, cheap fun.

If nothing else, Honda deserves credit for taking a chance on a world-class machine which may well redefine the riding world.
I for one wish Honda had not given that title to the NC700X. Once you look it over it becomes obvious it's a "standard" and a really good one.
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #3747
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
buh bye.
Your reading comprehension is lacking.
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #3748
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I fixed your post.
I fear you lost me.
cls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #3749
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Oddometer: 881
Trolls thrive on attention. Ignore them and they will move on.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #3750
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer
 
beemerphile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
I fear you lost me.
We are trying to lose you. But how can we miss you if you won't go away?

ETA: Look, I apologize for my attitude, but your whine is tiresome. Honda did not choose to go up-market with the bike and it does not suit you. Fine, it suits many people. It is a marketing fact of life that you can introduce a product and later do an up-market move, but it is much riskier to do it the other way. Honda may well build the "de luxe" model you want later. I had most of the same objections that you did. But I bought the bike as it was and upgraded all of the shortcomings that mattered to me. I am now a few grand more into the bike but extremely satisfied with it. It's equivalent cannot be found. If you want to wait and hope that Honda or someone else will build your dream bike so all you have to do is write a check, well go ahead. But it may be years from now and might not happen at all. But if you want to invest a bit of ingenuity and effort you can have it now.

Honda built what they built. If you disagree, make your case to someone who can do something about it. If you want to learn some work-arounds for the compromises, join us.
__________________
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - Lee
Amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until
they never get it wrong

beemerphile screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 06:36 AM
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014