Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #721
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
And lots of people gushed about it. Must have been that 6 extra HP from the extra 180cc, or the extra cash, or something
Where are you guys getting 6HP difference? The Mana has 75HP while the NC700 has 47. That's 28 ... or (looking up from the Honda) to put it clearly, the Mana has 60% more ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #722
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
In Europe - guaranteed, it is not popular.
Like when you said it wallows in the corners, and couldn't do 100mph?
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #723
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Going by the reviews and comments here and in other places, I think I would really like this bike despite being kinda ugly.
This is sure to be a bike squids, pirates and weekend warriors will criticize, and develop a dedicated cult following by serious year round, all weather riders.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #724
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
Like when you said it wallows in the corners, and couldn't do 100mph?
so typical...let's pull 2 words from phrase and make remark
So I said that? That it could not do 100 mph? Where? Quote please.
I did say somewhere earlier in tread that on first video posted on it it looks like NC walowing in the corner they showed. You disagree? Have one on me. I entitled to my opinion - what I see on video looks like wallowing. You entitled to yours.
I said NC not popular in WE? Where? Quote please.
YES automatic cars are NOT popular in WE neither Aprilia Mana. Ask anyone from Germany or France or Belgium etc.
I live in Europe and know clearly what I see on streets, hear from other riders etc. in different countries that are very close here and what dealers tell me.

Anyway...be happy with what you think, I will be happy with my opinion.Just try to be truthful about what I said if you do not mind
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #725
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Ah, cool

So if anyone critisize it he is squid, pirate or weekend warrior? Smart move! I'll have to shut up then to avoid being called any of these :)

Anyway - more bike choices always better as they say.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #726
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Where are you guys getting 6HP difference? The Mana has 75HP while the NC700 has 47. That's 28 ... or (looking up from the Honda) to put it clearly, the Mana has 60% more ...
We know cug. The original 6HP difference was from the internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Nobody seems to have mentioned it here yet, but I think it's probably the closest comparison to the NC700.
The Aprilia Mana 850 has a CVT trans, ABS, storage where the gas tank was, about 6 or so more horsepower along with an extra 50 lbs to carry around, a 4.2 gal tank, but gets around 45 mpg, and lists for $ 10,999.
It makes the Honda look even better if you ask me.
but a more detailed post followed with references (citations oooohh ) from bluesman

See that is how peer review works

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #727
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
We know cug. The original 6HP difference was from the internet...
That came in while I was still typing my post ... I only checked specs on the web, nothing else.

I think the NC is the right bike for commute and beginners and / or a second bike. I probably wouldn't want to tour on it, but I love the fact that somebody other than BMW now actually builds a bike with fuel consumption in mind. The BMW F bikes have awesome mpg. About time that other manufacturers jump on that one so that there is more choice.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #728
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,159
Quote:
I live in Europe and know clearly what I see on streets, hear from other riders etc. in different countries that are very close here and what dealers tell me.

Anyway...be happy with what you think, I will be happy with my opinion.Just try to be truthful about what I said if you do not mind
To back up bluesman here, there is a definite auto-transmission stigma in Europe. Auto is perceived as being for people without the co-ordination or sense to operate manual gearboxes.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #729
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev View Post
To back up bluesman here, there is a definite auto-transmission stigma in Europe. Auto is perceived as being for people without the co-ordination or sense to operate manual gearboxes.
Is there anything untrue about that? If there were more manual transmission cars in this area the frigging women here were forced to apply their make up at home and might even use hands free devices for their f****** important phone calls ...
Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #730
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Ah, cool

So if anyone critisize it he is squid, pirate or weekend warrior? Smart move! I'll have to shut up then to avoid being called any of these :)

Anyway - more bike choices always better as they say.
I think your reading into my comments a little too much. I was only saying who is likely to love or hate it. Not who you are if you don't like it.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #731
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

I wasn't serious at all

Just remembered old kids game "who speaks fist are...."
Old 02-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #732
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by R71 View Post
Somebody posted about 17" front TKC's being available this year. Could they be intended for this bike?
A happy coincidence maybe; some Versys owners also have their eyes on the 17" TKC.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #733
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,870
Wandered around the Minneapolis bike show this evening and came across the new Honda. Cosmetics and styling caught my eye but sitting on the bike and working the suspension certainly showed that it was entry level. Over-all would be a nice bike for the purpose. My girlfriend threw a leg over for a photo and then told me she still prefers her Husqvarna SM630.. glad now that I don't have to buy a supermoto wheel set for my TE630 since the SM will still be in the garage. I think this bike will sell well, especially for $6995.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #734
chazbird
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,375
I've pretty much given up finding good looking bikes that are practical, so I thought this new Honda could be the born again '90 TransAlp I so loved. But upon recollection and internet research it weighs 80 pounds more, has 1 gallon less fuel capacity and makes about the same power, OK, 3 more hp. It does have other redeeming qualities though, gas mileage, and seat height. It seems much more of a street bike than the Transalp was, which was fairly street oriented itself. Like a few others, a belt drive on this bike would have interested me more. If it gets the same mileage as my Piaggio BV250 scooter (63-70 mpg) then I'd reconsider.
chazbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #735
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
???

Am I the only one wondering why this thread is in "Beasts"?