Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #61
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Slick; becoming my all time AMA fav champion. He's 2x championships on customer teams owned by Ritchie Morris (how could that be?)...freakin' Buell and then a generic Suzuki. Doesn't get much better for us scratchers. I hope he keeps kicking his critics down.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=46435

seems he lost his ride.. hes a great rider but has issues like a lot of great ones..
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #62
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
seems he lost his ride.. hes a great rider but has issues like a lot of great ones..

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...in-eslick-out/

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #63
Tom W.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I hope somebody can find the money to put Eslick on an EBR.

Crazy that (at least as far as we know) T. Hayden and Eslick are both without rides at this point.
Tom W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #64
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
I am inclined to believe Eslick. We all knew he wanted to race the top class, and Cardenes surely didn't want to go back to the 600's! GEICO probably didn't like the size of the budget required to be competitive with Graves and Yosh. Meanwhile, I sure wish Cardenes was racing a Superbike, but he's not so there has to be a reason bigger than GEICO. Probably a Japanese company notably pulling back from motorcycle racing...
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #65
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I am inclined to believe Eslick. We all knew he wanted to race the top class, and Cardenes surely didn't want to go back to the 600's! GEICO probably didn't like the size of the budget required to be competitive with Graves and Yosh. Meanwhile, I sure wish Cardenes was racing a Superbike, but he's not so there has to be a reason bigger than GEICO. Probably a Japanese company notably pulling back from motorcycle racing...
Makes sense, an onion that is making my eyes water.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #66
Tom W.
Gnarly Adventurer

But surely Eslick would rather race Sportbike than sit out the season.

Does that imply he has a ride that just hasn't been announced yet?

And any speculation on who the new RMR rider will be? And will Richie get a sponsor to match Geico?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #67
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

any racer in this economy would be not very intelligent not to take ANY ride.. I tend to not belive him.. but..maybe he wanted more money having those plates.. whatever did happen he should have stayed..im sure the team wanted him more than Martin C...
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 11-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #68
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
any racer in this economy would be not very intelligent not to take ANY ride.. I tend to not belive him.. but..maybe he wanted more money having those plates.. whatever did happen he should have stayed..im sure the team wanted him more than Martin C...
It's not the same team. John Ulrich poached Geico from Richie Morris Racing. Like I hinted earlier, Suzuki probably was at the center of it. Suzuki drops a championship team and takes the golden goose with them to a 20 year relationship to beef up their Daytona Sportbike effort. Suzuki saves, Geico saves, Ulrich saves, and all have a good shot at another title.

Eslick is out because he wants a 1000 to race and so is Richie Morris. But don't count either of them out. Richie landed Geico in the first place. Eslick won championships two out of the three years they were together. There is sponsorship out there for both if AMA Pro can promise enough TV. Eslick and Morris racing will not be back markers. Thy'll get their TV time no matter where they end up.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #69
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

thats what Zemke, Roger Lee and a handfull of others thought in the last year .. late in the game for 2012 to be without sponsorship we will see... all the way around the sponsorship deals are far and few between.. hell it trickled all the way down to sportsman guys like me.. no free rides
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #70
Tom W.
Gnarly Adventurer

I don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes, but it seems to me that any team that does nothing but win championships for their sponsor deserves to keep that sponser.

Hopefully Danny and Richie will both do well, but I can't help feeling a bad taste in my mouth.

And I have nothing but respect for Team Hammer and Cardenas, but it almost seems like 'claim-jumping' to me. Maybe when all the facts are out it will be clearer what happened, but I'm going to have a little trouble, emotionally, getting behind Cardenas until I have a better understanding of what went down.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #71
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,374
The rumor of indiscretions at a GEICO company function is pretty cool, that kid is an old school racer

I enjoy watching Eslick a great deal, and I hope he lands a competitive ride.
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #72
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
benny solis to move to the ama pro racing daytona sportbike class for 2012 on a ridersdiscount.com vesrah suzuki gsx-r 600

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #73
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
The rumor of indiscretions at a GEICO company function is pretty cool, that kid is an old school racer

I enjoy watching Eslick a great deal, and I hope he lands a competitive ride.
Oh, you can't just throw that out there and leave it hanging. We need a link.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #74
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Oh, you can't just throw that out there and leave it hanging. We need a link.

It's in this link, but no details.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...in-eslick-out/

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #75
Tom W.
Gnarly Adventurer

Internet rumors (and we all know how much those are worth) are starting to suggest Eslick will be going with EBR. Richie M. mentions that it was known since Mid-Ohio that Danny would be leaving and, coincidentally, Mid-Ohio was the debut of the 1190RS.

There were rumors, around that time, that Geoff May would be out at EBR (I'm hoping they can find a way to finance them both, but if it becomes a matter of one or the other, I'd have to think EBR would go with Eslick).

Also, Danny has been hinting that he has something lined up that hasn't been finalized.

While I'd like to see Aprilia, Ducati, MV Augusta, KTM and BMW all taking advantage of the wealth of talent and lack of rides, the factories seem to still be very tentative. EBR would certainly have an interest in and history with Eslick, so I'm thinking that may be what's going on.