Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #211
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
I also installed my new set of map canisters. to screw on the caps i need to wiggle them alittle because they are kinda snug. but it was a super easy instal and they are very functional.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #212
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
I've been running that same setup of two tool tubes inside my SW motech rack for a while. It works great, but I am thinking of switching to the MOD box or maybe two.
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #213
grndzr0
its Ground Zero

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
I also installed my new set of map canisters. to screw on the caps i need to wiggle them alittle because they are kinda snug. but it was a super easy instal and they are very functional.

I like the 550 cord placement!!!

Ryan
Old 01-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #214
Wicket009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Case - Using the same tubes. I used a little Goof Off and the yellow writing came right off.

Nice job on the build. Your bike is looking great.
Wicket009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #215
grndzr0
its Ground Zero

You should be the gunnea pig on narrowing up the left side rack with the aftermarket exhaust.

Ryan
Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #216
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndzr0 View Post
You should be the gunnea pig on narrowing up the left side rack with the aftermarket exhaust.

Ryan
nah. way too much work for very little reward!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #217
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

My Mirage 2 fairing came last night! So i will be installing it after work and will post it up later tonight. the quality feels really good and looks freaking sweet!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #218
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

i installed my new Mirage 2 fairing today.

first thought was how well made it was.

but then i started the install.

i got so frustrated that i forgot to take pictures.

i had to manhandle it to get every single hole to line up.

to mount the gauge cluster you will need a small asian child because no normal persons hand could reinstall the retaning pins that hold the cluster to the new backing.

but i had to pull and push the thing so much i felt like i was going to brake it.

im not sure if the holes we just off or it was to keep the whole thing really rigid, but it felt wrong.

also..... my barkbusters hit the gauge cluster and fairing a little. im not running any raisers or anything and they hit alittle.

Casejeep screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 08:36 AM
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #219
PANZILA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
That seems odd!

I did struggle with the gauge cluster since I have tamale fingers, but then every piece fell into place.

Hope you forget the install when you ride your bike and see the difference.

Cheers,

PD: do you know of a used woolfman rack on sale? And if they are willing to send it to Mexico?

SP

Quote:
i installed my new Mirage 2 fairing today.

first thought was how well made it was.

but then i started the install.

i got so frustrated that i forgot to take pictures.

i had to manhandle it to get every single hole to line up.

to mount the gauge cluster you will need a small asian child because no normal persons hand could reinstall the retaning pins that hold the cluster to the new backing.

but i had to pull and push the thing so much i felt like i was going to brake it.

im not sure if the holes we just off or it was to keep the whole thing really rigid, but it felt wrong.

also..... my barkbusters hit the gauge cluster and fairing a little. im not running any raisers or anything and they hit alittle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74875089@N07/6763685135/" title="Untitled by casejeep1, on Flickr">http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6763685135_df1516c1d7_z.jpg" width="640" height="480" alt="">

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74875089@N07/6763683755/" title="Untitled by casejeep1, on Flickr">http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7167/6763683755_ab4f81e554_z.jpg" width="640" height="480" alt="">
PANZILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #220
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

So after i had time to think last night. since Ian forgot to send install instruction, i asked him to email them to me, which he did, but i have an Apple computer without MS Word so i couldnt open the file. So now that im at work i have looked over the instructions and it seems like i did do things maybe the hard way. So i plan on going back all over everything and figuring out if i need to change anything.

this is what it looked like this morning:

It looks badass, BUT, my Barkbusters do hit a bit. maybe its because im not running any bar risers yet. it looks like maybe if you had risers it wouldnt hit.

But it looks like i might have to trim the fairing a bit or try and move the hand guards around. my big fear is that when i crash, i put it down atleast one every trip, that the guards will crack or brake the fairing.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #221
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
No problems with mine? I was going to suggest leaving all the mounting hardware loose until you got everything lined up but I'm sure you did that.

As for the fairing height it'll be perfect with risers in there. I'm running 30mm risers and TT handguards and it's good. I suppose you could try to space out the fairing using some washers in the meantime. It's pretty touch but you don't want to chip all that whiteness!

Dave
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #222
angrywhiteguy
i wanna ride!

Oddometer: 154
Just unplug the gauge cluster and mount it to the dash support before the install....goes on super easy. Then once you have it all together on the bike and and before you put the front of the fairing on, plug the cluster back in. Worked great.

I also found that leaving the dash support bracket loose i could get a few degrees of angle there as well then snug everything up when its in the right place.

As far as the risers go...what toowheels said.
angrywhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #223
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

So here is what it looks like on the bike in full daylight.

I have yet to take it on the freeway, i will this afternoon, but going 60mph on the streets this morning i felt the wind pushing my head forward. im 6ft with a 30in inseam, short legs long torso. anyone else have this feeling? but i will have to admit there is no wind buffer at all. its sweet!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #224
grndzr0
its Ground Zero

Quote:
I have yet to take it on the freeway, i will this afternoon, but going 60mph on the streets this morning i felt the wind pushing my head forward. im 6ft with a 30in inseam, short legs long torso. anyone else have this feeling? but i will have to admit there is no wind buffer at all. its sweet!
Mine kind of felt like that before the mirage 2, but it think its from just being used to having to hold my head forward into the wind for so long. Now I'm more used to it, and it is soooo nice!!

Ryan
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #225
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Get that windscreen in the right spot and I think you'll love it. I'll get mine on the bike soon. I'm having my handguards bent back into shape first.