Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #211
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Oddometer: 151
Cheers XRman. Slow did a great job. He got the tyres on as if it was a bicycle.

You know, I've looked at Australian sites and I'm still to find one that can beat the overseas ones, with tax and postage. Examples: Slow mentioned Vince Strang having a choke button for for my carbie. They do, for $63! I went onto ProCycle and they've got it for $17. The one with the short cable is $32. Another one: Two Brothers exhaust here in Australia, over $600. On ProCycle it's $350. Believe me, I'd love to support Australian businesses, but come on!

Sorry, I've always had a bee in my bonnet about this. Already a grumpy old man my wife says.

2013 Tenere XT660Z
MierMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #212
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 671
Maintenance.

XRman, there is a nack to getting those Mitas tryes, that rear I assed getting on. Miermotos wife refered to me as ' the jedi of motorcycle maintenance' but my lunch box is already full of ego, but I'll take it with both hands. If anyone does need assistance with there bikes, I charge by the minute so make sure the fridge is full.
Like I said miermoto, VSM, adventure moto & procycle have a tonne of stuff that could increase the mortage balance.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #213
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,298
Thumb Good to see some conversation

Hi guys

I have purchased both my Mitas rears through Tim Campbell's and they have fitted them for me......pain in the a%*e to fit they are too.....not sure about the standard E-09's as opposed to the Dakar version. Oh, and mine aren't twitchy either so play around with your pressures, as XR suggested.

Moto, I got the choke with small cable from Pro-cycle and with the Safari tank it is, I feel, the best option; the other will be tucked up underneath.

I have spread my purchases around and purchased from all those mention so far. I did buy my Staintune locally as I wanted that system specifically. The FMF's sound nice but I feel are a bit loud.....not that the Staintune is quiet, especially with bung removed. I did like the note from Slow's TK pipe and they slip on the original header. Can be a bit scarce at times I believe.

On a side note, anyone interested in a pre-christmas drink somewhere?? ......I know it's hard to find somewhere central and we don't want to encourage drink driving/riding. Just a thought!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #214
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Mothers club chatter.

The dakar visor is harder to get on / just ask my partner, the standard E-09 is easier to get on with a bit of K-Y. I set the pressure @ recommended side wall advice moto, its a good start but as the other boys have said lower it till fells comfortable. I run my tyres @ 25 psi and works well for me on dirt & tar.
Pre christmas drinks would be good Gags, just have to organise a day / date.

Slowpoak screwed with this post 12-12-2011 at 02:57 AM
Slowpoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #215
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,359
X-mas drinks at my house

My leg is still busted (7 weeks now). My arm pits are sore from those bloody crutches. I can make it across the road to work just, but even the pub (Royal) is too far to hobble. You reckon you are grumpy Gags!!!!

I have a nice sun room at the back of my place with table and chairs and a BBQ. Make it a BYO event and name a date, except for this weekend when the place is full of bloody South Australians ( oops I forgot; I was one of those once)

Address: 4a Tanner Crt. Portland. Disregard the guard dogs: they don't often bite.

Slow another use for KY! I use dishwashing detergent for tyre fitting. Just as well I didn't use it for the other purpose! Bubbles hmmn!
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #216
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
My leg is still busted (7 weeks now). My arm pits are sore from those bloody crutches. I can make it across the road to work just, but even the pub (Royal) is too far to hobble. You reckon you are grumpy Gags!!!!

I have a nice sun room at the back of my place with table and chairs and a BBQ. Make it a BYO event and name a date, except for this weekend when the place is full of bloody South Australians ( oops I forgot; I was one of those once)

Address: 4a Tanner Crt. Portland. Disregard the guard dogs: they don't often bite.

Slow another use for KY! I use dishwashing detergent for tyre fitting. Just as well I didn't use it for the other purpose! Bubbles hmmn!
Yes the use of dish detergent has worked in the past, bubbling fun is all part of the adventure.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #217
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
My leg is still busted (7 weeks now). My arm pits are sore from those bloody crutches. I can make it across the road to work just, but even the pub (Royal) is too far to hobble. You reckon you are grumpy Gags!!!! I have been known to be but I got me some good drugs now.......mostly a happy camper

What do you guys reckon for a date......there isn't much space in there!! This weekend was no good for me anyway and god help us, Xmas is the following weekend..... What are thoughts for Fri 23/12??? Just putting a suggestion out there

BTW.......thanks for offering up yours as a venue XR!!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #218
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

BBQ & drinks.

Same here Gags, this weekend is no good as I'm down in Gippsland visiting from thursday onwards & 23/12 I start back to work for the weekend shift/block.
I'm sure something can be arranged ?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #219
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoak View Post
I start back to work for the weekend shift/block.
Stop crying! That's why you get paid the big bucks!

2013 Tenere XT660Z
Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #220
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
big bucks mean nothing if they interfere with your obsessions!!!

Unfortunately money doesn't buy you time.......
Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #221
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
Unfortunately money doesn't buy you time.......
Yes, but it adds the quality to time...

2013 Tenere XT660Z
Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #222
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
If your looking to go fishing ' smurfette ', try another pond cause I'm not biting. Hang on, i believe i just took a nibble.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #223
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
What do you guys reckon for a date......there isn't much space in there!! This weekend was no good for me anyway and god help us, Xmas is the following weekend..... What are thoughts for Fri 23/12??? Just putting a suggestion out there

BTW.......thanks for offering up yours as a venue XR!!
Not that it's relevant or anything, you might have guessed by this I am not riding to the Corner to watch the Longest day riders (nutters) come in
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #224
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Quote:
Not that it's relevant or anything, you might have guessed by this I am not riding to the Corner to watch the Longest day riders (nutters) come in
I wasn't sure what this ride was all about until I checked on the net, Gags why couch it when you could run in it. The whole thing sounds like a pretty wild fucked-up idea that was born around a campfire one night.
Where do I get better information about the race Gags ?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #225
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Laugh

I'm aiming at doing the APC rally next year. Hopefully I'll have enough money for it by that time, but it sounded like it was a blast. I just need someone with a GPS to join me. Gags...Slowpoak, you're thinking of getting a GPS...

2013 Tenere XT660Z