Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #1126
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 683
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Nutter View Post
How goes the postie rebuild Slow?
Very slowly at the moment, enjoying the time being spent looking, , inspecting, , cleaning, , which in my books is how a restoration project follows in tradition .
Old 06-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #1127
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoak View Post
Very slowly at the moment, enjoying the time being spent looking, , inspecting, , cleaning, , which in my books is how a restoration project follows in tradition .
not sure where the cleaning part comes in to it......you forgot the stripping (of the bike)
Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #1128
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,527
Photos

don't forget digital photos of the parts before and after disassembly. or cardboard stencils cut out to hold the bolts where they came from etc. it helps months later when you find a bit and wonder where it belongs.
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #1129
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
don't forget digital photos of the parts before and after disassembly. or cardboard stencils cut out to hold the bolts where they came from etc. it helps months later when you find a bit and wonder where it belongs.
Never thought of using the digital camera, so must start using it. Have been using re-sealable bags for nuts & bolts and labeling them to where they belong.
CT-110's are pretty staright forward once you get into them and start ' stripping ' them down .
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #1130
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoak View Post
Never thought of using the digital camera, so must start using it. Have been using re-sealable bags for nuts & bolts and labeling them to where they belong.
CT-110's are pretty staright forward once you get into them and start ' stripping ' them down .
The camera can be used to ID which bag of bilts came fom where and sometimes helps you remember how it looked before your stripped it down ( 6 months later when you go to reassemble it)

Would you believe the cheque is in the mail Slow? Which reminds me of the punch line for a joke about a European Backpacker who ignored warnings about night fishing in N.T.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #1131
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

July.....Bbbrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Anyone up for a ride to Hattah early July........spectate the Hattah Desert Race???
Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #1132
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
Anyone up for a ride to Hattah early July........spectate the Hattah Desert Race???
Dates Gags?

Tempting. Can we go by back roads (the pretty way)? Ouyen bakery snot blocks detour essential.

As I am now the proud owner of several tyres ( front and rear) I think it could be a suitable event for my come back ride. Which tyre will I fit ? Decisions, decisions!

All jokes aside re: snoring, do we have anyone who would join BRR and me on a 7 day event in February ( APC rally 4 day NSW-Vic high country+ commute there and back)?

Is it cold or what! BRR reports 11 mm of rain in Kaniva. Someone told me today that we have had 4 inches in Portland over the last week. The forecast is for finer weather this weekend. I have 2 mates visiting who ride. Do I really want to clean 3 bikes, or is my leg too fragile still?
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #1133
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Dates Gags?

Tempting. Can we go by back roads (the pretty way)? Ouyen bakery snot blocks detour essential.

As I am now the proud owner of several tyres ( front and rear) I think it could be a suitable event for my come back ride. Which tyre will I fit ? Decisions, decisions!

All jokes aside re: snoring, do we have anyone who would join BRR and me on a 7 day event in February ( APC rally 4 day NSW-Vic high country+ commute there and back)?

Is it cold or what! BRR reports 11 mm of rain in Kaniva. Someone told me today that we have had 4 inches in Portland over the last week. The forecast is for finer weather this weekend. I have 2 mates visiting who ride. Do I really want to clean 3 bikes, or is my leg too fragile still?
6,7,8 July 2012. The 6th is for scrutineering, 7th is Juniors and Senior Prologue, Sunday is the actual race so thinking a full day to get there leaving early Sat AM, kick back with a few sherbs Sat night to numb the cold, watch the race Sunday and ride home Monday, but open to other suggestions......Friday departure could be good too.

Depending on where my life is for February I could be interested but need to look into what's involved.

Not sure what our tally was but I saw the Otways had 100+mm......

So I'm guessing you are looking at a ride this weekend......I could be good for Saturday but archery Sunday and apparently it's a long weekend, not that I care....so Monday??

Added for interest http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790162

GagsD2 screwed with this post 06-05-2012 at 05:13 AM
GagsD2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #1134
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Question

[QUOTE=XRman;18840027] do we have anyone who would join BRR and me on a 7 day event in February ( APC rally 4 day NSW-Vic high country+ commute there and backQUOTE]

Its abit far the future, back it would be something i'd be intersted in. Not too many of my follow co-workers take annual leave then so i could possibily arrange something in the near future .
As for Hattah desert race, can't go due to work ( farker sucks to be me ) always wanted to go & watch, maybe even race in a pony express , but this dream can hold off for a bit longer.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1135
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
I might be interested, but I ride too slow to join you guys. I'll be aiming at the slowest rider prize. I've sort of tentatively agreed to do this with another mate of mine who's just moved back to Victoria. I'll have to sort out my gear by then though.

2013 Tenere XT660Z
MierMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1136
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Too Slow?

You haven't seen me ride since (or before) my accident! I reckon I will take quite a while to get up to "speed".

I will be keeping my feet up on the pegs and cruising for a long time. I think I will be following BRR's dust cloud and using my GPS to find the way, not trying to keep up with him.

Come to think of it I haven't seen BRR on his DR650 yet. He might ride like an old man on that compared to his WRF450 or XR650.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #1137
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
You haven't seen me ride since (or before) my accident! I reckon I will take quite a while to get up to "speed".

I will be keeping my feet up on the pegs and cruising for a long time. I think I will be following BRR's dust cloud and using my GPS to find the way, not trying to keep up with him.

Come to think of it I haven't seen BRR on his DR650 yet. He might ride like an old man on that compared to his WRF450 or XR650.
Have they got the route available yet or is that something that stays a secret? Otherwise, do you know where they went through last year?

2013 Tenere XT660Z
MierMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #1138
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
Have they got the route available yet or is that something that stays a secret? Otherwise, do you know where they went through last year?
I don't know where the 4 day route was last year/thisyear??? and I only know that they plan to ride between Bathurst and Benambra. Usually they supply the route 7 days before as a GPS log to download to your GPS. You turn up at one of the starting positions on the loop and listen to the pre - ride instructions. Then you are on your own to follow the course as fast or as slowly as you want.

XRman screwed with this post 06-06-2012 at 01:44 AM
Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #1139
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:

Hey! it's for touring at a speed to view the passing scenery. Some bloke on here has a great tag, roughly translated it sez scenery: the green blurry stuff beside the road - that's not on a DR. Maybe the XRR or WR though.
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #1140
wdrally
binge rider

Oddometer: 43
re 4 day ride

I reckon this 4day BtoB ride could be a go. I would like a better idea of route selection though as the website is not giving anything away. I'd be happy enough on the aprilia as long as its not too rocky - I start having ground clearence issues. The actual ride I'd almost rather do on a dirt bike, its the getting to Bathurst on same that would give me the shits though. If the GTR team is go though I reckon I'll go for a spot - just need GPS, camping gear, crashbars, barkbusters etc etc etc
wdrally is offline   Reply With Quote