Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #106
johnboyklr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
thats no good bigredroosta try again some other time. is there anybody thinking about going.
johnboyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #107
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,507
nope, ... think i was always out, but definately out now... got some mates comin down/over in Scout 4wd's.. giz a wave if you get over beachport/robe/southend way...i'll be in the big white one at the front

hopefully next time...

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #108
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 671
Dergholm trip.

Would love to go as well, but couldn't in the first place due to shift roster. I'll be thinking of everyone while I'm in my chair, at work, on night shift, as bikers eat pizza, drink beer etc..........
Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #109
BigBobC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I will be a no go too for the GTR weekend as family Issues keep me occupied.

BigBobC
BigBobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #110
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,298
Cancer Ride 2012

Ok all you locals from over the fence in SA, I'm now officially putting out the feelers for a willing volunteer, or volunteers preferrably, to assist in organising a leg of the 2012 Cancer ride to get the spanner from SW Vic and on its way west into your neck of the woods.

The date is yet to be determined but it will be most likely the later half of April I am thinking at this time. Follow the link in my signature and refer to the "blog" tab for ongoing plans.

All you need to do is organise a ride from a designated meeting point, have a destination over a weekend, try and arrange as much local publicity as you can, maybe generate some sponsorship from local businesses, etc, little bit of donation here and there, but most importantly have alot of fun doing it.

Last year SA was a bit of a gap for the relay and this year will hopefully see alot more ground covered as the spanner makes its way down the east of Oz, so would be great to get into SA this year too.

C'mon guys, this is for a great cause that affects us all in some way, we get to have a legitimate excuse for a weekend ride and maybe meet a few new fellow ADV riders along the way.

Gags
Old 11-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #111
BigBobC
Adventurer

Gags,
I have been following this for a while and are keen to be involved. However, from the 20th of April I really hit the straps with work 20/7, but I will have a chat about and see if we can get the spanner at least on the way to Adelaide, preferably up to Adelaide.
Maybe DRtrev may be able to assist from there?

Regards.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 AM   #112
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobC View Post
Gags,
I have been following this for a while and are keen to be involved. However, from the 20th of April I really hit the straps with work 20/7, but I will have a chat about and see if we can get the spanner at least on the way to Adelaide, preferably up to Adelaide.

Regards.
Good on ya mate.......I have posted up a blurb on the SA riders thread but so far it appears to have been ignored..........it would be really great to get SA on board this year.

Hopefully we will get the dates sorted soon so we can make more concrete plans.....I am in the same boat with work and no way I will know what I am doing then, not for a while anyway.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #113
The Cougar
Barry Dawson's Twin

Oddometer: 413
Cancer ride

Gags,

It is not been ignored on the SA site. Most of us are keen to see what the dates will be and as Bob Bob said, few of us keen to be in but dates are very important re work committments etc.

I have spoken with Miss Jane on the subject as involved several years ago and last year couldn't because of work.

Once we have the dates, the SE boys can arrange something and will pm some Adelaide boys to get the spanner moving west.

regards
The Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #114
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobC View Post
Gags,

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
Good on ya mate.......I have posted up a blurb on the SA riders thread but so far it appears to have been ignored..........it would be really great to get SA on board this year.

Hopefully we will get the dates sorted soon so we can make more concrete plans.....I am in the same boat with work and no way I will know what I am doing then, not for a while anyway.
Hasn't been ignored fellas, I think you'll find that people over here are scratching their heads as to how we'd make it work......you see, we have an event organised between 26th and 30th April in the Flinders which attracts both our enduro and adv fanatics - maybe 100 this year. It goes for up to 5 days and most people use up all the days owing and brownie points they can to attend. I think The Cougar may have not realised about the clash either (use a diary Scotty).

As for me, as I said last year, I work full time and can scrounge some days off for the Flinders event but any more than that is pushing it at that time of the year and our own event is our priority, and takes a bit of work to organise, and we raise funds for charities ourselves at that. The SA boys have aligned themselves with particular aspects of the Childhood Cancer cause over here and we fleece riders when we can.

Having said all that, there must be someone who can keep the spanner moving....Scotty, are you envisaging bringing it to the Classic and then somehow it gets carried further??

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #115
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
Gags,

It is not been ignored on the SA site. Most of us are keen to see what the dates will be and as Bob Bob said, few of us keen to be in but dates are very important re work committments etc.

I have spoken with Miss Jane on the subject as involved several years ago and last year couldn't because of work.

Once we have the dates, the SE boys can arrange something and will pm some Adelaide boys to get the spanner moving west.

regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Hasn't been ignored fellas, I think you'll find that people over here are scratching their heads as to how we'd make it work......you see, we have an event organised between 26th and 30th April in the Flinders which attracts both our enduro and adv fanatics - maybe 100 this year. It goes for up to 5 days and most people use up all the days owing and brownie points they can to attend. I think The Cougar may have not realised about the clash either (use a diary Scotty).

As for me, as I said last year, I work full time and can scrounge some days off for the Flinders event but any more than that is pushing it at that time of the year and our own event is our priority, and takes a bit of work to organise, and we raise funds for charities ourselves at that. The SA boys have aligned themselves with particular aspects of the Childhood Cancer cause over here and we fleece riders when we can.

Having said all that, there must be someone who can keep the spanner moving....Scotty, are you envisaging bringing it to the Classic and then somehow it gets carried further??
Sorry guys, I can't find a "smilie" with a large foot in its mouth.

I have posted on the SA thread for all to see. I look forward to liaising with you in trying to get an SA leg joining up with the Vic leg as it reaches our western front.

Gags
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #116
BigBobC
Adventurer

Hello all above,
It looks like we can do something to get the spanner across SA. The key will be to get some firm dates, then we can start planning. Will make some initial calls...
I thought DRTrev would be busy with the flinders classic that time of year, but he knows a lot of inmates and that may help!
It may time in well with people going to and from the classic to get it west of SA.

Regards.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #117
jrr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Agree with all above - show me the dates!

I'm unfortunately not in a position to get in to the fundraising etc, but I would love to join the ride if I'm about.
jrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #118
The Cougar
Barry Dawson's Twin

Flinders Classic

Trev,

Yes I am acutely aware of the classic hence why I have asked the question here. If the spanner gets to this part of the world just b4 the classic, I will be more than happy to bring it up and do some fundraising (if it does not conflict with the fundraising you already do fot eh classic) and then it can continue onto Adelaide and west.

Happy to try and help out when I can and sure there are a few here (Big Bob/JRR etc) on this side of the border also waiting for dates so we can get into action.

regards

Scotty
Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #119
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
Trev,

Yes I am acutely aware of the classic hence why I have asked the question here. If the spanner gets to this part of the world just b4 the classic, I will be more than happy to bring it up and do some fundraising (if it does not conflict with the fundraising you already do fot eh classic) and then it can continue onto Adelaide and west.

Happy to try and help out when I can and sure there are a few here (Big Bob/JRR etc) on this side of the border also waiting for dates so we can get into action.

regards

Scotty
That won't be a problem. Our fund raising efforts for our target charity are incorporated in the $20 BBQ fee, that, the Village bus ride to and from the pizzas, along with stubby holders will satisfy our needs. As BWVTom did a couple of years ago at the Classic, there can be a call amongst participants for the spanner cause....but the dates need to align in some fashion for the continuity of the 'run' between your part of the world, the Flinders, and then into WA.....

Maybe we should try and get some Western Australians to the Classic and then stuff the spanner in their gear for their ride home?????

Anyway, as I said, if the dates align then we're happy to use the Classic as a vehicle to keep the thing going!! As long as that suits eveyone else.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #120
The Cougar
Barry Dawson's Twin

The last WA at the Classic had that huge ride over so maybe we can smuggle it into his V strom for eh ride back

Hope the dates align to get the spanner and then geet it to Blinman.. After all... I have a DR to trash up there