User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #1351
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,326
Sticker

Hi....love the design and I do agree with the removal of the GT........too many Yaks for you MM.....dual sport helmet?????

How about a suggestion to omit the GT and do the colour of the splotch in green....leaving everything else the way it is. I reckon that would look great on a coloured plastic panel or a small screen on a DR or similar.

Even in pride of place on my beer fridge in the shed......could we do it in a small bike size and a larger fridge size???
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #1352
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
Hi....love the design and I do agree with the removal of the GT........too many Yaks for you MM.....dual sport helmet?????

How about a suggestion to omit the GT and do the colour of the splotch in green....leaving everything else the way it is. I reckon that would look great on a coloured plastic panel or a small screen on a DR or similar.

Even in pride of place on my beer fridge in the shed......could we do it in a small bike size and a larger fridge size???
What about green on the triangle bit of the tyre tracks? I reckon that would be perfect. Subtle, arty and different!
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1353
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 683
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
Sorry to jump in here from nowhere, but seeing that you're on the topic of logos. I did this a while ago and haven't gotten around to sharing it. Tell me what you think.

I like it, i want one now please . I reckon that tread looks like a Dunlop 952 front, excellent design MM. How about adding the letter R after GT and having them colored green ?
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #1354
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

OK...a number of thoughts here.

Can I suggest we wait for some comments from other contributors to this great thread of ours, then if we can persuade MM to implement the changes and produce a selection of versions for further consideration.....
Old 07-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #1355
MierMoto
Bike Freak

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
OK...a number of thoughts here.

Can I suggest we wait for some comments from other contributors to this great thread of ours, then if we can persuade MM to implement the changes and produce a selection of versions for further consideration.....
Agreed. Let me know and I can make the changes pretty quick.

2013 Tenere XT660Z
MierMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #1356
BigBobC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
Agreed. Let me know and I can make the changes pretty quick.
Hi all, green triangles as the tracks of the tyre tread sounds good!
Can I have one at ouyen next week?!
I have been quiet on here but keeping an eye on you all!
It's been very busy making sure everything is ready for the APC rally before I leave next week.
Which way are you all heading to ouyen? I will be riding up from Naracoorte, probably the back way to hopetoun.

It will be great to meet you all finally!

BBC.
BigBobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #1357
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Like he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobC View Post
Hi all, green triangles as the tracks of the tyre tread sounds good!
Can I have one at ouyen next week?!
I have been quiet on here but keeping an eye on you all!
It's been very busy making sure everything is ready for the APC rally before I leave next week.
Which way are you all heading to ouyen? I will be riding up from Naracoorte, probably the back way to hopetoun.

It will be great to meet you all finally!

BBC.
BigBobC I am heading up on Friday. I will head up from Portland using back roads to Harrow, Nhill and then head North East aoround some lakes and bypass Yapeet to Pine Plains, then toward Patchewollock and then North to Ouyen. But then again, I am not ever to navigate anywhere according to my detractors.

So far no-one else has confirmed that they are riding up.

If I am the Lone Ranger I am considering driving my VW van with some emergency tyres for the APC rally guys to be left at the Ouyen Servo. My black girlfriend would love a weekend away in the van!

Best wishes for the APC Rally. Can you send us your Spot web address so we can watch your progress and touch base with us when you can.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #1358
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,119
Tell me what you think.

Maybe splotch in rough shape of Oz, with Big A on "east coast" (dv below)with an triangle/arrow on one leg of the "A" being the green triangle? (could even have actual area of green triangle in a different shade/color on splotch?)
start pumping out the mock up's... sizes for side covers, front screen and fridge.
like the tyre tracks,and green is my favorite colour too, maybe have them fishtailing to horizon?(DR style of course)

[/QUOTE]

Oz Nutter screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 03:36 AM
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #1359
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
BigBobC I am heading up on Friday. I will head up from Portland using back roads to Harrow, Nhill and then head North East aoround some lakes and bypass Yapeet to Pine Plains, then toward Patchewollock and then North to Ouyen. But then again, I am not ever to navigate anywhere according to my detractors.

So far no-one else has confirmed that they are riding up.

If I am the Lone Ranger I am considering driving my VW van with some emergency tyres for the APC rally guys to be left at the Ouyen Servo. My black girlfriend would love a weekend away in the van!

Best wishes for the APC Rally. Can you send us your Spot web address so we can watch your progress and touch base with us when you can.
I can now confirm that I am riding up with you XR.....you're not getting out of it that easily and being soft in your Beetle van........I have a new seat to try out too

Navigation might be an issue unless we have good maps and your GPS works because the holder for my Zumo had a crack in it from my off in the Flinders earlier this year and when I did the icy, wet blast to Melb when daughter #2 was in hospital, it fried the little circuit board inside....

What time are we leaving and can we RV with BigBob
Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #1360
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

ripper gags

Quote:
I can now confirm that I am riding up with you XR.....you're not getting out of it that easily and being soft in your Beetle van........I have a new seat to try out too

Navigation might be an issue unless we have good maps and your GPS works because the holder for my Zumo had a crack in it from my off in the Flinders earlier this year and when I did the icy, wet blast to Melb when daughter #2 was in hospital, it fried the little circuit board inside....

What time are we leaving and can we RV with BigBob
I doubt that we will RV with BBC. I was hoping to hit the Digby pub ( Centre of know Universe) at 9a.m. in case anyone from the up North-ish was coming too. Using the C.O.K.U. as a RV point would be useful only if we knew others were coming though. If not then we could amble up from your place at say 8-30 a.m. and have a look at Annya Forest tracks.

I have my GPS working and a road map which will be adequate to get us to Ouyen eventually.

I loaded the DRZ this afternoon. I was thinking of going to Nelson tomorrow morning for a shake down ride. The DSMRA boys are doing it cross country. The tracks they will use will be snorkel and floaties stuff though. That is out of the question for me at the moment even on my Yamaha. If anyone is keen for a slightly adventurous ride be at the enduro pits at 9 a.m. ( just past T&W road intersection with the Nelson road: HTS clearing about 1 Km. west of the intersection)

I used my camping dual fuel cooker to cook my dinner tonight. I have worked out why they call those Chinese matches " safety matches" = they won't light or they break! Anyway my steak couscous mushroom and capsicum dish worked out a treat. (no not freeze dried) I wanted to check that the cooker was in working order before next weekend.

New Seat?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #1361
jrr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
APC Rally - GT crew

We're having a cheer squad wave us goodbye? Awesome!

For no other purpose than s***s & giggles, we've put a little summary together of the team on our work website. Feel free to have a squiz; http://www.rymill.com.au/news_and_events/apc_rally_2012

The tracker map at the bottom will show my spot track. If we're organised, there will be photos etc posted to the associated flickr, facebook & twitter accounts (all through the work accounts though, so please pardon the commercial plug!). Mind you, I'm not sure how much time we'll get for posting stuff.

Want to know where we're going? Check this rather basic google map out; http://goo.gl/maps/JIW4
Click through the pages at the bottom (under Google) to move through the various stages.
This is route is meant to be confidential, so don't share the link. But given the organiser's dummy spit of late, I'm not so precious about sharing the it!
jrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #1362
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
I doubt that we will RV with BBC. I was hoping to hit the Digby pub ( Centre of know Universe) at 9a.m. in case anyone from the up North-ish was coming too. Using the C.O.K.U. as a RV point would be useful only if we knew others were coming though. If not then we could amble up from your place at say 8-30 a.m. and have a look at Annya Forest tracks.

I have my GPS working and a road map which will be adequate to get us to Ouyen eventually.

I loaded the DRZ this afternoon. I was thinking of going to Nelson tomorrow morning for a shake down ride. The DSMRA boys are doing it cross country. The tracks they will use will be snorkel and floaties stuff though. That is out of the question for me at the moment even on my Yamaha. If anyone is keen for a slightly adventurous ride be at the enduro pits at 9 a.m. ( just past T&W road intersection with the Nelson road: HTS clearing about 1 Km. west of the intersection)

I used my camping dual fuel cooker to cook my dinner tonight. I have worked out why they call those Chinese matches " safety matches" = they won't light or they break! Anyway my steak couscous mushroom and capsicum dish worked out a treat. (no not freeze dried) I wanted to check that the cooker was in working order before next weekend.

New Seat?
Only got RDO confirmed Thursday arvo.....haven't quite got hours up but they seem to think I'm good for it

As Uni starts back on Monday and I can't do stuff during the day any more, I need to put in of an evening, especially if going away for the weekend now. Not going to archery tomorrow now as have to do prep on bike and pack the basics.....also got LR back so need to sort some stuff out on that too.

Are we meeting up with BRR to make a trio??

New seat.......Corbin, so hopefully will be comfy without having to use the airhawk.

Feel free to drop in if you are out riding tomorrow.....nut out times, meeting etc....
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #1363
jugglingogre
Under the thumb

Oddometer: 190
Therapy needed

Sadly I don't think a therapy session will be on the cards for me this weekend. Work is getting in the way again.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #1364
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

well I did a bit of a ride

I loaded up the bike with panniers and duffle bag and went for a ride to see how it went. I ventured out to Telegraph road for a while and then out the back of Mt Richmond, avoiding large puddles as I went. I checked out the pines at Mt Richmond where we used to race 20 years ago. That was pretty stupid really come to think of it, riding whooped out sand tracks wiuth big trees just wider than the handle bars apart. Then I crossed to the Cobooboonee Forest and zig -zagged along the road s to Heywood. I dropped in to GagsD2's place for a quick planning visit for next week's ride. Plan is start at 9 a.m. and head North-ish to Ouyen. A quick blast home on the highway and reviewed my duffle bag tie down method. Most other things seemed OK. The suspension that Dwayne Alexander tweaked felt really good with the weight on board. I have a problem with the back lighting on the Garmin 62S being dull. Any solutions?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #1365
Eocnelg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
I don't suppose you'd be heading back in the middle of the week? Like a Wed or a Thurs?
Eocnelg is offline   Reply With Quote