Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #136
Garthe OP
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkerlou View Post
I replied to your PM too PSchrauber that is the ticket right there buddy.

10 of them for $6.95 you gotta love that!

Thanks again for the steer in the right direction my friend.
PSchrauber has provided some GREAT VT photos and info.

Cheers PSchrauber...Happy New Year...
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #137
kanur
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkerlou View Post
Love your Penton

Here's my Dalesman :)

Thanks Lurkerlou, That is a nice Dalesman Mine is the Puch powered model. I bought it off ebay and the only way the seller would ship it was to break it down and box it up and send UPS. I've been slowing redoing parts ever since. Maybe this winter it will become one part. Here is a picture of it from the ebay add

I hope to get it close to this some day

Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #138
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
PSchrauber has provided some GREAT VT photos and info.

Cheers PSchrauber...Happy New Year...
Oh ... Thank's a lot, I feel really flattered now. Happy New Year too you all too.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #139
vintagetour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Why Vintage

If it was easy anybody could do it! LOL But I have to agree with Sting 32. We must be crazy to spend the time and money to restore and ride a heavy, underpowered, no brakes bike when we could be riding modern. My problem is I'm too old to fall off obstacles that require a spotter/catcher and I don't mind it when someone says "That's a nice looking old bike. Too bad you can't ride worth a crap"
This is the 2nd right hand shift Cota I have done in 3 years. This one I have been riding since March 2011 but I just got around to tearing it back down to do plating, polishing, SS spokes and the powdercoating. The engine work and tank painting were done so I set a record for myself (30 days) Going to Munster Tx tonight and break it in tomorrow.
Attached Images

vintagetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #140
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetour View Post
We must be crazy to spend the time and money to restore and ride a heavy, underpowered, no brakes bike when we could be riding modern.
No question there! But you can't always apply logical parameters to a sport which is largely about passion.
Go to an airshow and you will watch the modern fast movers swosh and wizz by showing levels of performance only dreamed of a few generations ago. But when the old war birds show up (despite the more modest performance exibited) heads turn, fingers point and smiles break out as the ground shakes and the sky is filled with the look and sound of living history that can't be matched by their successors!

At least the modern jets have a place to sit!
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #141
vintagetour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
I still have to stop and look up when I hear a round engine or a 4 cylinder Conti (got my ticket in a Champ) I just like OLD
Real motorbikes are 6volt and have kickstarters Lol
Real airplanes have a stick and a tailwheel Lol
I have to admit though, I enjoy watching the modern bikes do amazing things
vintagetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #142
TXNMGUY
dirt dobber

Oddometer: 101
Awesome.......I get to see the old Montesa tomorrow and heck I will be bustin my butt on the old TY250A.
TXNMGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #143
Slipscomb
n00b

Oddometer: 3

Was out riding a little today on my 1974 Honda TL125 K1. I just got it running yesterday after replacing the piston and boring the head 1.0 mm overbore. Now that its running I will be looking for a set of fenders, side panels, new clutch pack, rebuild carb and perhaps a light kit later on. I dont plan on doing any Trials, just light Trail duty's.

Sean Lipscomb
Slipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #144
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
[QUOTE=lamotovita;17002623]

I wish there was a Vintage trials club on the west coast (USA).

Start one.

Dave
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #145
HP2 KENOBE
Fist full of throttle

Oddometer: 10
Here is my '51 trials Norton. I often heard about these legends of the era and couldn't believe my luck when I found one 3 years ago.I fully rebuilt it and only finished it new years eve.
HP2 KENOBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #146
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,340
[QUOTE=darmst6829;17701439]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post

I wish there was a Vintage trials club on the west coast (USA).

Start one.

Dave
I think a better plan is to assimilate vintage Trials riders into the modern Trials clubs and events.Hopefully that will result in a stronger Trials club, rather than having a weak modern, and a weak vintage club.
A vintage Trials bike can be competitive in the lower classes of modern Trials, and many riders have been riding them thusly, but I think that catering specifically to vintage bikes will attract more riders.
In the past our club has always maintained that if enough vintage bikes show up at events we would make a class for them. It's never happened for us. So now I'm going to actively recruit vintage riders and create the class in advance. I'll post a flyer for my June 24th Trial (near Spokane WA) here. If I can get a good response I'm sure I can convince other clubs and marshals to do the same.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #147
Abdelhub
Blanco Trasho

Oddometer: 721
a vintage trial in spokane would be great. Id consider bringing my greeves and ossa mar....

it is a long way from seatle though...

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/abdelhub
Abdelhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #148
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP2 KENOBE View Post
Here is my '51 trials Norton. I often heard about these legends of the era and couldn't believe my luck when I found one 3 years ago.I fully rebuilt it and only finished it new years eve.
Wow! Nicely done.
A serious classic there!
roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #149
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
I think a better plan is to assimilate vintage Trials riders into the modern Trials clubs and events.Hopefully that will result in a stronger Trials club, rather than having a weak modern, and a weak vintage club.
A vintage Trials bike can be competitive in the lower classes of modern Trials, and many riders have been riding them thusly, but I think that catering specifically to vintage bikes will attract more riders.
In the past our club has always maintained that if enough vintage bikes show up at events we would make a class for them. It's never happened for us. So now I'm going to actively recruit vintage riders and create the class in advance. I'll post a flyer for my June 24th Trial (near Spokane WA) here. If I can get a good response I'm sure I can convince other clubs and marshals to do the same.
How many is enough? My bike will be there, I don't know if I will be riding it or not but I'm sure if I chicken out I can get someone to compete on it.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #150
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,503
That's true, if no one signs up no one signs up. The point is if I show up at least I'm one person, it might not be enough but it's a start. If I don't compete and get one of my buddies to sign up and compete then there will be one vintage bike out there and that was the point. If Lamotovita is out there on his vintage bike that's two. Perhaps that's not enough but it's a start and if everyone sits back and waits for everyone else then nothing will happen. There are getting to be more and more people in this area interested in vintage bike and I'm hopeful there will be more vintage events.

Sorry if my posting seems to be a waste of time for you to read.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote