Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #511
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post

Yes, done for sure..... by Bob Ginder. The same guy that AHRMA ticked off at the turn of the century when he had their program on the rise! AHRMA is dead. Long live the NEW KING who gets it.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #512
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post
At this point it feels like everyone just wants to bash AHRMA. I doubt excluding late model twin shocks has anything to do with lack of young folks participating.
I don't think people expressing opinions on how they would like to see things get better is bashing. I think the people from ITSA would go to an ahrma event if they were welcomed there. We all just want to ride.
Maybe excluding late model twin shock bikes has nothing to do with the lack of younger riders participating. But one thing is for sure, if these bikes were not excluded there would be more folks of all ages participating, just do to the fact that there are so many of them out there.
Gordo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #513
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Seems to me that AHRMA is primarily interested in running exclusive events for competitors over 60 years of age, riding very costly museum pieces.

There is probably a need for this type of thing, but maybe it would work better without any sort of competitive element, and possibly could be run in conjunction with competitive events for younger riders on more serious machines?
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #514
Nodabs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
I'm not even close to 60, I do have some pretty neat old motorcycles though.
I just want someone to put on interesting events that I don't have to wait for a moto-x to be over before it can start. I want everyone to have a good time and not complain. I also want checkers in every section. I really hate riding with other riders, my pace is pretty quick and I'm not there to socialize.
Grumpy aren't I ?
Nodabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #515
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodabs View Post
I just want someone to put on interesting events that I don't have to wait for a moto-x to be over before it can start. I want everyone to have a good time and not complain. I also want checkers in every section. I really hate riding with other riders, my pace is pretty quick and I'm not there to socialize.
Grumpy aren't I ?
Spoken like a true FIB...
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #516
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Grumpy aren't I ?

ITSA events might suit you perfectly.................if you want to run events, why not talk to Bob about starting a club in your area?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #517
Nodabs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
I'm done laying out sections and putting on events. Listening to people tell me that they could do it so much better wears me down. Of course I don't see anyone stepping up to do it.
My brother and I did it for 15 years or more. Time for someone else to step up and take our place.
My 80 year old uncle is laying out a AHRMA trial in White City Il, I probably could be talked into helping him out. I wonder if my GSA could ride the loop?
Nodabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #518
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm done laying out sections and putting on events. Listening to people tell me that they could do it so much better wears me down. Of course I don't see anyone stepping up to do it.
My brother and I did it for 15 years or more. Time for someone else to step up and take our place.
My 80 year old uncle is laying out a AHRMA trial in White City Il, I probably could be talked into helping him out. I wonder if my GSA could ride the loop?

Certainly very relevant comments. However if the events you are setting out, are run under a format which is fatally flawed (AHRMA), then the best efforts in the world are not going to alter the format.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #519
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Certainly very relevant comments. However if the events you are setting out, are run under a format which is fatally flawed (AHRMA), then the best efforts in the world are not going to alter the format.
What is fatally flawed about AHRMA trials? I just rode at Hannagen and Dana put on a hell of difficult trial. This notion that excluding post 79 motorcycles is killing AHRMA is total bullshit. You got some other axe to grind.
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #520
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
What is fatally flawed about AHRMA trials? I just rode at Hannagen and Dana put on a hell of difficult trial. This notion that excluding post 79 motorcycles is killing AHRMA is total bullshit. You got some other axe to grind.

Take a look at the number of entries at an AHRMA event, and compare them to something run by ITSA.

If event format isnt what riders want, they wont ride that organisations events.

I would guess that the best possible way forward, would be for AHRMA and ITSA to start working together in regard to trials, both running under ITSA rules, which are obviously popular with riders.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #521
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Take a look at the number of entries at an AHRMA event, and compare them to something run by ITSA.

If event format isnt what riders want, they wont ride that organisations events.

I would guess that the best possible way forward, would be for AHRMA and ITSA to start working together in regard to trials, both running under ITSA rules, which are obviously popular with riders.

See post #511. The fact that they don't agree is WHY ITSA exists. Why should ITSA care what AHRMA does? Any rider from AHRMA that wants to ride an ITSA event may do so.

In regards to that WA trials..... It is quite unusual, an aberration in fact, to have any number of riders at an AHRMA trials at all. Look at their results page. Usually there are more workers on course than riders. This is especially true at the regular Natls East of the Miss River. They are really feeling tha comp from ITSA and TI over here.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #522
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
To be fair, being an "International" organization means ITSA has the entire world to draw on for entries!
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #523
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,402
Quote:
I just rode at Hannagen and Dana put on a hell of difficult trial.
How about a report on that Trial?
How many sections? How many riders? What were the scores like? Any photos?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #524
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTvLgtAA7Hg

AHRMA doesn't have this particular Trials (7/13/13) on their Trials schedule or results page. So until the ahrmanw site posts its results we won't know, unless darmst6829 posts it. I'm curious as well.
Gordo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #525
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
See post #511. The fact that they don't agree is WHY ITSA exists. Why should ITSA care what AHRMA does? Any rider from AHRMA that wants to ride an ITSA event may do so.

In regards to that WA trials..... It is quite unusual, an aberration in fact, to have any number of riders at an AHRMA trials at all. Look at their results page. Usually there are more workers on course than riders. This is especially true at the regular Natls East of the Miss River. They are really feeling tha comp from ITSA and TI over here.

AHRMA trials are very poorly supported, and dont have workable system of rules. ITSA trials are well supported and do have workable rules. Surely both organisations working together, would be preferable to AHRMA trials folding?