ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #601
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtrpl View Post
After failing to find an aftermarket exhaust, I broke down and built my own. Saved quite a few lbs. but she's still a bit overweight..


Wow. Very pretty!
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #602
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.
 
jonnyc21's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise aria
Oddometer: 826
I like!

Once I am done restoring my 74 Supper Beetle I have hope the wife will let me get a vintage ride to restore... not sure I can talk her into it but I will sure try.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #603
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer
 
roadholder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtrpl View Post
After failing to find an aftermarket exhaust, I broke down and built my own.

The Super Beetle comment reminded me of my own solution back in the day, to the lack of aftermarket exhausts for this bike! Sounded great!

roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #604
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,283
I thought that was my old bike at first glance!


lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #605
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363
Puget Sound Trialers Plastered Purple penguin Trial

Puget Sound Trialers Plastered Purple penguin Trial
9AM signup
8111 31st Ave NE
Tulalip WA 98271
close to Marysville WA
They have a vintage class and I will be riding my 1966 Bultaco
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #606
GAwoody83
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GAwoody83's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Good Hope, GA
Oddometer: 182
Any pics of your bultaco you could post up?
GAwoody83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #607
LC Garage
On Any Sunday
 
LC Garage's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Columbia County
Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post
Puget Sound Trialers Plastered Purple penguin Trial
9AM signup
8111 31st Ave NE
Tulalip WA 98271
close to Marysville WA
They have a vintage class and I will be riding my 1966 Bultaco
__________________
"Nothing can stop us but fear and common sense”
LC Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #608
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAwoody83 View Post
Any pics of your bultaco you could post up?
This is from last years trial. It was below freezing and slippery as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsPFPE-Ct-k
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #609
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363
So today I rode the PST Plastered Purple Penguin trial and had a good run. My attitude was in the dumps on the first round when we couldn’t find section 7 and it took one hour and fifteen minutes to find the damn thing. I really was ready to throw in the towel but 3 other vintage riders shamed me into carrying on and I am glad that I did. The rain never let up and the mud became incredibly slippery but I rode well and 2 of the vintage riders dropped out. The other rider Allen was on a 1978 Sherpa T 350cc and that bike and rider found grip everywhere and he bested me in a couple of sections and in doing so won the event. I earned 2nd and also won the raffle and a new Dunlap rear tire. I finished the event with no brakes because of the deep puddles. Not unusual for drum braked motorcycles unfortunately.
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #610
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,283
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #611
pinsx3
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 3
Plastered Purple Penguin

I was following Dave on my TL and was part of the pep talk. Luckily for me my bike crapped out on me so I could quit without Dave being able to shame me! but that didn't stop us from shaming George Basely who had the intelligence to not show up.

It turns out my points were wasted. Ed Schandle's bike sucked something into the crankcase.

I am still sore from pushing.

Pete Steilberg
pinsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #612
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363


This is something I have been working on for some time, its a 1977 Enfield.
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #613
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsx3 View Post
I was following Dave on my TL and was part of the pep talk. Luckily for me my bike crapped out on me so I could quit without Dave being able to shame me! but that didn't stop us from shaming George Basely who had the intelligence to not show up.

It turns out my points were wasted. Ed Schandle's bike sucked something into the crankcase.

I am still sore from pushing.

Pete Steilberg
Hi Pete, that Honda didn't sound so good after a few sections. Sorry to be such a downer, I am normally more upbeat then I was on Sunday. The trial was great fun but I think my Bultaco is going to need a full day of maintenance to be ride able again. The mud was outrageous!
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #614
pinsx3
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 3
I figured out that the points arm was so worn that the timing had retarded and the points werent opening. It was also getting really hot!!! The spark looked black too.

I leaned out the needle and I put new points in last night and timed it per Terry Miller specs and the thing is back to being a sweetheart.

Too bad I didn't figure that out BEFORE the trial.

Nice job on your bul. You make it look easy to ride. BTW There is a georgeous 1977 Sherpa with speedo and original everything in my shop with your name on it when you want to move up. It belongs to my law partner Phil. He wants to sell it. He also has a model 191 with an earlier 350 motor that he'd sell.
pinsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #615
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsx3 View Post
I figured out that the points arm was so worn that the timing had retarded and the points werent opening. It was also getting really hot!!! The spark looked black too.

I leaned out the needle and I put new points in last night and timed it per Terry Miller specs and the thing is back to being a sweetheart.

Too bad I didn't figure that out BEFORE the trial.

Nice job on your bul. You make it look easy to ride. BTW There is a georgeous 1977 Sherpa with speedo and original everything in my shop with your name on it when you want to move up. It belongs to my law partner Phil. He wants to sell it. He also has a model 191 with an earlier 350 motor that he'd sell.
Hey pinsx3, the old Bultaco is a real handful to ride so thanks for saying that. I am building a Royal Enfield 350cc for the AHRMA Premier class so no thank you on the "modern" Bultaco. I am sad you couldn't finish the trial and thanks for your encouragement it made me finish! I posted a picture of the mocked up Enfield a few frames above.
__________________
David Armstrong
Member
VME
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014