View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #1966
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 602
VERY nice, especially 2nd pic!! ENJOY....... WTF where's mine?
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #1967
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,318
Congrats

Now that an actual owner has one in his hands, you might want to start your own "My 1200 Explorer" thread and give us your impressions, your modifications, you fuel mileage, etc.. as the honeymoon phase blooms and fades and your long term ownership progresses...
Old 04-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #1968
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Congrats

Now that an actual owner has one in his hands, you might want to start your own "My 1200 Explorer" thread and give us your impressions, your modifications, you fuel mileage, etc.. as the honeymoon phase blooms and fades and your long term ownership progresses...

Sounds like a plan
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #1969
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Picked it up today

Some crappy Iphone pictures ... and those wheels are really easy to keep clean after GS spokes
She's a beaut Bryn! Love the color, and very nicely appointed too. I assume that's the "launch edition"?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #1970
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
She's a beaut Bryn! Love the color, and very nicely appointed too. I assume that's the "launch edition"?

-SM
Thanks mate.. yes its the launch edition..... how's that for fast work.... test rode one Last Friday, Said I'd have this one 2 days ago

A guy put a deposit on this one last October and then changed his mind... in I stepped at just the right time

Waiting on heated grips, headlight protector and ally radiator guard.... suppose I shouldn't worry, it'd have been near impossible to get those on in 48hrs ....
Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #1971
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Spoke to the local dealer today. He said last week his techs went to the service classes. Today they got a notification from Triumph that they had moved up the shipping dates from late May to NEXT WEEK!!! Dealers that had sent their techs would get priority shipping! My dealer said he should have one by next weekend!!!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #1972
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Thumb

Stopped in to visit my local dealer today also. The regional Triumph rep from Minnesota was there & said there are several scattered about the midwest. They should be rolling in anytime boys & girls...
Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #1973
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Thanks mate.. yes its the launch edition..... how's that for fast work.... test rode one Last Friday, Said I'd have this one 2 days ago

A guy put a deposit on this one last October and then changed his mind... in I stepped at just the right time

Waiting on heated grips, headlight protector and ally radiator guard.... suppose I shouldn't worry, it'd have been near impossible to get those on in 48hrs ....

Was meant to be!

Enjoy the new scoot. As GB said, start up a new thread on your experiences. It looks like you will have company soon if the new US ship date holds.

-SM
Old 04-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #1974
Farside13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
There is a black Explorer on its way to my house next week. This will be the first bike delivered in the country . I've been on edge for the last few weeks as we have planned a trip around the country next week and I desperately wanted to do it on the Explorer. Seems like it may make it just in time

BTW it will involve a bunch of really cool guys riding +-5000km on and off road and the excuse for getting on the bikes and doing this distance is to test beer at a string of micro breweries dotted around the country. The best reason anyone could have to take a week off work - ride a cool bike and drink cold beer
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #1975
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
Question for Bryn. How are you finding the touring screen? By all accounts it's very effective..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #1976
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside13 View Post
There is a black Explorer on its way to my house next week. This will be the first bike delivered in the country . I've been on edge for the last few weeks as we have planned a trip around the country next week and I desperately wanted to do it on the Explorer. Seems like it may make it just in time

BTW it will involve a bunch of really cool guys riding +-5000km on and off road and the excuse for getting on the bikes and doing this distance is to test beer at a string of micro breweries dotted around the country. The best reason anyone could have to take a week off work - ride a cool bike and drink cold beer
Congrats!

Now fill out your profile so we can see exactly what "country" you're talking about.

-SM
Old 04-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #1977
TAMPAJIM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by sock monkey View Post
congrats!

now fill out your profile so we can see exactly what "country" you're talking about.

-sm
+1
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #1978
EggChaser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Congrats!

Now fill out your profile so we can see exactly what "country" you're talking about.

-SM
if I had to guess I'd say he's in Johannesburg, South Africa

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index....ic,1273.0.html
EggChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #1979
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside13 View Post

If you are headed to SoCal be sure to stop in to the Alpine Brew Pub in Alpine CA. Some of the best Mirco beer I have ever found and the pulled pork and ribs are awesome!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #1980
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggChaser View Post
if I had to guess I'd say he's in Johannesburg, South Africa

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index....ic,1273.0.html
Okay so Alpine is a little too far for him on this trip... Still a great little known place to grab a pint for those who are in the area.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote