ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #1981
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
No more Triumph semis coming with all the bikes for demos? Certainly convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt to grab an XC when the demo truck came to Akron last year.
I think they are not doing themselves any favors by canceling this service.
Three buddies bought bikes at one of those events in TN last year... Big mistake Triumph!
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1982
TEN YC
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
No more Triumph semis coming with all the bikes for demos? Certainly convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt to grab an XC when the demo truck came to Akron last year.
I think they are not doing themselves any favors by canceling this service.
If you guys were not aware, Triumph north America got a new CEO last year. His previous experience includes working at Harley Davidson for 20 years. Word is that he wants to focus more on "lifestyle." (surprise, surprise)

So he has done away with the demo trucks (because actually riding the bikes might distract you). Not a fan of this guy, myself. I bought at least 1 triumph because I was able to demo it of the truck. Looks like that won't happen again.
TEN YC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #1983
socalmoe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
socalmoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Year Round Riding in So Cal
Oddometer: 232
I got a pic or two

I got two pics of supposedly the only Explorer in the US right now, true or not I don't know. All I know is that she is a good looking bike.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iriderus/7078915719/
socalmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #1984
EggChaser
Studly Adventurer
 
EggChaser's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hamsphire/Surrey Borders
Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonwit View Post
Got a call from the Triumph dealer in Dallas this morning. Said a regional manager has taken delivery on his personal bike and that they are making it available to look at. No demo rides, but at least a chance to see one in person. Interestingly, he said that there will be no demo bikes available. and that Triumph has stopped doing the demo road show they used to do. Bummer there's no way to get a ride before putting your money down. Is this true everywhere, or just here?

-Bonwit
More or less every UK dealer has a Demo bike, both the dealers near me have been actively encouraging riders to take demos.
EggChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #1985
Bryn
Leicester England
 
Bryn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Leicester UK
Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Question for Bryn. How are you finding the touring screen? By all accounts it's very effective..
I've been comparing it to screens on the 1200 GS and 1150 GS....and on the last 1200 GS I put an Adventure screen on it, with winglets ( it was an '09 SE model)


The touring screen for me at 5'9", set on low , is as good, possibly better, than the 1200GS with the GSA screen and winglets, and certainly miles better than any screen combo I've had on 1100'/1150's and I've had a few

Easy to adjust with gloves on as well
__________________
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....
Bryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #1986
Croak
Studly Adventurer
 
Croak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC/Is-Swieqi, Malta
Oddometer: 529
Stopped in at two of my local Triumph dealers today, both said they should get their first bikes in by end of next week.

Both said there are no demonstrators allocated, all stock coming in is for sale (and all of them are spoken for). Guess Triumph figures there's enough demand that they don't need a demo to sell them right now, at least up here in Canada.

One even said the "launch special" wouldn't be coming to Canada either, they'll all go on the showroom (or out to customers) bone stock.
__________________
2003 Aprilia Tuono
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2013 Kymco Agility City 200i
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #1987
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
Stopped in at two of my local Triumph dealers today, both said they should get their first bikes in by end of next week.

Both said there are no demonstrators allocated, all stock coming in is for sale (and all of them are spoken for). Guess Triumph figures there's enough demand that they don't need a demo to sell them right now, at least up here in Canada.

One even said the "launch special" wouldn't be coming to Canada either, they'll all go on the showroom (or out to customers) bone stock.
Same word I got from the dealers here is SoCal... Too bad, a test right might have got me to keep my place in line... Right now I think I'll keep the 1050 and go for an Explorer XC when it gets here. Although who knows what will happen when I am presented with one in the dealership.
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #1988
Farside13
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Jo'burg South Africa
Oddometer: 78
Jo'burg South Africa

There fixed it
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #1989
Farside13
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Jo'burg South Africa
Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonwit View Post
Got a call from the Triumph dealer in Dallas this morning. Said a regional manager has taken delivery on his personal bike and that they are making it available to look at. No demo rides, but at least a chance to see one in person. Interestingly, he said that there will be no demo bikes available. and that Triumph has stopped doing the demo road show they used to do. Bummer there's no way to get a ride before putting your money down. Is this true everywhere, or just here?

-Bonwit
We have the same situation here in SA, even though I ordered late last year (immediately after seeing the spy shots) I couldn't get a launch model. All the launch models are going to the dealers as demos and will be sold 3 months later.

There is a demo that was flown in for the Triumph day launch last month and that has been going around the various dealers so we could sit on it twist the throttle and make vroom vroom noises but no riding was permitted , my first ride is going to be on my own bike. Actually we could start the bike under the strict supervision of an adult Triumph Hinckley authorised salesman

On the other Explorer forum there has been talk about some models being supplied with a shiny exhaust can rather than the dull looking bin. I have ordered an Arrow for the sound but mostly beacause the standard can looks terrible. I kept the standard can on my 1050 because it looks good.

Does anybody have a picture of the shiny can on the bike and odes anybody know whats behind the change??
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #1990
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels
 
GaelicDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 7,322
My dealer said they were allotted 2 bikes in the initial roll out. One well fitted the other plain. He did not know at this time which one he was getting next week but this shop was going to use their first one as a demo.
__________________
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #1991
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN YC View Post
If you guys were not aware, Triumph north America got a new CEO last year. His previous experience includes working at Harley Davidson for 20 years. Word is that he wants to focus more on "lifestyle." (surprise, surprise)

So he has done away with the demo trucks (because actually riding the bikes might distract you). Not a fan of this guy, myself. I bought at least 1 triumph because I was able to demo it of the truck. Looks like that won't happen again.


Please dear doG, don't let Triumph go the way of Hardley Ableson
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #1992
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,357
+1!!!
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #1993
Croak
Studly Adventurer
 
Croak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC/Is-Swieqi, Malta
Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post


Please dear doG, don't let Triumph go the way of Hardley Ableson
They've been trending towards "lifestyling" for years, long before the hiring of the man from HD. The entire line of twins are pitched as much as a fashion statement as anything else, for instance. And they do move a fair amount of those nostalgia simulators. Sound like anyone else you know?

BMW and Ducati also promote a lifestyle and look, and also derive a lot of profit from fashion accessories.
__________________
2003 Aprilia Tuono
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2013 Kymco Agility City 200i
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1994
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels
 
GaelicDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
They've been trending towards "lifestyling" for years, long before the hiring of the man from HD. The entire line of twins are pitched as much as a fashion statement as anything else, for instance. And they do move a fair amount of those nostalgia simulators. Sound like anyone else you know?

BMW and Ducati also promote a lifestyle and look, and also derive a lot of profit from fashion accessories.

They're just trying to squeeze every dime out of the economy that they can. I can't blame them.
__________________
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #1995
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN YC View Post
If you guys were not aware, Triumph north America got a new CEO last year. His previous experience includes working at Harley Davidson for 20 years. Word is that he wants to focus more on "lifestyle." (surprise, surprise)
It's damn simple for me: no test ride, no sale. That's why pretty much all Japanese manufacturers are out of the question for me.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014