Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #2041
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
Fuss farts These over emotional types probably fret over whether their socks match too. Sorry, but I don't need my ego stroked.

Awwww, come on! You can try on a pair of shoes in the store and maybe walk around in them right there but the shoe sales person is not going to let you take off with them for a 1/2 hour. Let me get this right, you try on a new pair of shoes and tell the sales person, yeah, I just need to go for a little walk to make sure these shoes are just perfect for my feet, I need to feel that special connection. I'm just going to go around the block here and make sure they will make me feel special while I'm sitting atr Starbucks enjoying my latte. Yeah right! Listen, you can sit on any bike in any showroom to see how it feels the same way that you can try on any pair of shoes at a shoe store to see how they feel. Your comparisson is bogus.

Princess and the pea.
I'm guessing you're still a young buck. When you get a few more years under your belt, you'll realize that it isn't so easy to conform to a bike that doesn't fit well, as the knees, neck, etc., don't flex like they used to. I need to sit on a bike and ride it a bit to see what my body feels like when I am on it. Having an idea of what adjustments can be made is only useful if you have actually felt the dimensions of the bike. I envy you your youth and your don't-give-a-shit attitude, but I don't envy your ignorance; the fact is that others may indeed have legitimate reasons why a test ride may still be important.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #2042
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I'm guessing you're still a young buck. When you get a few more years under your belt, you'll realize that it isn't so easy to conform to a bike that doesn't fit well, as the knees, neck, etc., don't flex like they used to. I need to sit on a bike and ride it a bit to see what my body feels like when I am on it. Having an idea of what adjustments can be made is only useful if you have actually felt the dimensions of the bike. I envy you your youth and your don't-give-a-shit attitude, but I don't envy your ignorance; the fact is that others may indeed have legitimate reasons why a test ride may still be important.
Yeah just 44; thankfully geriatric considerations are not my priority.
I've been riding on the road since 1983 (just 29 years of riding experience) you dipshit.

Gregster screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 08:31 PM
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #2043
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 559
Quote:
I've been riding on the road since 1983 you dipshit.
And still haven't learned any manners

We all age differently and you are lucky to be healthy enough that your bones don't ache and your joints don't creak; enjoy the time.

I took the MSF course at the weekend and sat on a 250 Rebel for the first few hours riding. Could barely walk after just 3 hours. Swapped it out for a 250 Nighthawk and felt the pains disappear after an hour. Next day got on the Nighthawk and no twinges at all. Imagine how I would have felt if I had bought that Rebel instead of just using the one provided by the class? Oh wait, how silly of me, given your last comments you appear not to consider anyone else but yourself so ignore my last statement.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #2044
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
And still haven't learned any manners

We all age differently and you are lucky to be healthy enough that your bones don't ache and your joints don't creak; enjoy the time.

I took the MSF course at the weekend and sat on a 250 Rebel for the first few hours riding. Could barely walk after just 3 hours. Swapped it out for a 250 Nighthawk and felt the pains disappear after an hour. Next day got on the Nighthawk and no twinges at all. Imagine how I would have felt if I had bought that Rebel instead of just using the one provided by the class? Oh wait, how silly of me, given your last comments you appear not to consider anyone else but yourself so ignore my last statement.

Be nice guys. Play nice.

Just as a data point I live a VERY high energy life, but several years ago I was DUI'd because I failed a field sobriety test because I was so stiff from arthritis (hadn't been taking my meds) that the cop was convinced that I was drunk.

Imagine his surprise when the breathylizer came back very low and the prosecuting attorney dropped the case.

Anyway ... the man who comments about ergonomics has a point. I was still competitive with college students who were racing bicycles at 40 but damned ,,, it was hard. The big adventure bikes (I ride a BMW GS) offer plenty of adjustment in most cases.

Here is to hoping that the Triumph does the same 'cause I am planning to get one.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #2045
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
I've been riding on the road since 1983 (just 29 years of riding experience) you dipshit.
So in Canadian riding time ... what is that about 6 years total? I grew up in L.A. and rode over 300 days a year. But who cares?
Obviously you've nothing to learn here son, why not move on?
I was riding 8 years before you were born (I started at age 10, racing by age 14) ... and you know what? I still have plenty to learn.

Lessons can sometimes present themselves in unexpected ways from unexpected sources.

I learned that the first time I raced Dick Mann ... and lost. 60 year old Mann on a 40 year old GoldStar BSA, 42 year old me on a year old Yamaha motocrosser.
Grand National Champion really does mean something extraordinary.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #2046
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
So in Canadian riding time ... what is that about 6 years total? I grew up in L.A. and rode over 300 days a year. But who cares?
Obviously you've nothing to learn here son, why not move on?
I was riding 8 years before you were born (I started at age 10, racing by age 14) ... and you know what? I still have plenty to learn.

Lessons can sometimes present themselves in unexpected ways from unexpected sources.

I learned that the first time I raced Dick Mann ... and lost. 60 year old Mann on a 40 year old GoldStar BSA, 42 year old me on a year old Yamaha motocrosser.
Grand National Champion really does mean something extraordinary.
Just heard an old guy say last night "I never learned anything by talking."
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2047
Saso
chronically restless

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Just heard an old guy say last night "I never learned anything by talking."
Saso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #2048
Farside13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiganDaft View Post
Almost time to go Farside, hope that your "Barge" can keep up with us
Fighting talk as always B&D I don't think my "barge" will be holding anybody up, especially not you
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #2049
Farside13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog View Post
We need a "My panties are bunching up" forum, NOW!!!
+1

Can we stop talking about meds, how well we used to ride when we were in nappies (diapers for you across the pond), fussing in shops etc. I still have the picture in my ind of OP walking around the shop in his new shoes and with helmet on in the lingerie section .

This has turned out be yet another pissing contest...

Tiger Explorer is the topic and I'm getting mine this week
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #2050
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,130
Quote:
Fuss farts These over emotional types probably fret over whether their socks match too. Sorry, but I don't need my ego stroked.

Awwww, come on! You can try on a pair of shoes in the store and maybe walk around in them right there but the shoe sales person is not going to let you take off with them for a 1/2 hour. Let me get this right, you try on a new pair of shoes and tell the sales person, yeah, I just need to go for a little walk to make sure these shoes are just perfect for my feet, I need to feel that special connection. I'm just going to go around the block here and make sure they will make me feel special while I'm sitting atr Starbucks enjoying my latte. Yeah right! Listen, you can sit on any bike in any showroom to see how it feels the same way that you can try on any pair of shoes at a shoe store to see how they feel. Your comparisson is bogus.

Princess and the pea.
It was a great comparision and like another poster stated,,,,, many places will let you buy, try and return if you don't like em. You wrong on this un ole sport and it seems your manners are what's bogus.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #2051
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
many people still believe bikers are a bunch of dumb-asses - in certain instances they have a point

Dang!!!!
Blue Skies Coming
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #2052
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Obviously you've nothing to learn here son,
Typical American arrogance, oh joy
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #2053
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Typical American arrogance, oh joy

Pot, meet kettle. Maybe look in the mirror?
Blue Skies Coming
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #2054
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,612
Back on track

Now taking deposits for the Explorer... The first ones should arrive in 3 weeks and most of the first arrivals will have the "Launch Pack".

Still trying to get a straight answer as to just what the launch pack includes.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 04-19-2012 at 11:01 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #2055
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Still trying to get a straight answer as to just what the launch pack includes.
Solid fuel boosters, perhaps?