Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #2101
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
oh i was impressed on the test ride thats why i bought it :)
Best colour as well

Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #2102
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
has any one seen the factory triumph luggage in person i want to buy it but hate to without seeing build quality ?
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #2103
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
has any one seen the factory triumph luggage in person i want to buy it but hate to without seeing build quality ?
My understanding is that it is virtually (perhaps exactly) identical to the T800 luggage.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #2104
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 525
I notice that the 5.99% Triumph Financing runs out April 30th and I doubt my bike will be here by then. Anyone know if it is going to be extended?

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #2105
element6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Would you mind sharing where you saw and rode one, Luke?

Thanks,
Dave

Quote:
Stopped thursday in the middle of a trip at a triumph dealer so my riding buddy could test a tiger 800 they didnt have one for him to try but they did have a 1200 i could demo i casually tried to work a deal with no real effort on their part to gain my business so we went on our way. saturday am i signed papers on a graphite tiger 1200 at another dealer they said i should have it mid may !
element6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #2106
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by element6 View Post
Would you mind sharing where you saw and rode one, Luke?

Thanks,
Dave

No prblem Dave it was at martin motorsports in pa but i woulddoubt it still there i was just lucky enough that it was the triumph reps bike and it happen to be there that day. dnt want to say anything bad about that dealer but i will tell you if you wanna deal on the bike go see john pockrus at hermys bmw and triumph dealer in PA. the guy has been around the car motorcycle indutry his whole lifehe loves this stuff and hes partially retired doing this to fill his time so he really works for you i was more then happy dealin with him. if you go see him tell him Luke from oneonta recommended him (no kick back or anything just lets him know i was happy with the way i was treated)
Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #2107
element6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Thanks for the info and recommendation, Luke. If I didn't already have a commitment from the local dealer, I'd be looking seriously at them. 5 hours is a long drive for service, though.....

Quote:
No prblem Dave it was at martin motorsports in pa but i woulddoubt it still there i was just lucky enough that it was the triumph reps bike and it happen to be there that day. dnt want to say anything bad about that dealer but i will tell you if you wanna deal on the bike go see john pockrus at hermys bmw and triumph dealer in PA. the guy has been around the car motorcycle indutry his whole lifehe loves this stuff and hes partially retired doing this to fill his time so he really works for you i was more then happy dealin with him. if you go see him tell him Luke from oneonta recommended him (no kick back or anything just lets him know i was happy with the way i was treated)
element6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #2108
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

5 hours seems like a good reason to get away if i really need a service close there is a dealer in albany now, thats part of what drew me to triumph makes parts available to me
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #2109
bogman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
First service in Dublin Saturday, rally in Abbeyleix Saturday night jug:

Any complaints....only one and its a minor one, find it top heavy compared to the 800XC, you got to be careful when stopped, especially when reversing out, and by the way the tyre pressure monitor really works, warning light came on yesterday on the way home, discovered a self tapping screw in the rear tyre and the pressure had dropped 10psi
bogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #2110
Garyrr
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I also rode that factory reps bike at Martins. Martins is a very good dealer, they host many vintage events that are top notch thats why I'm buying my bike there and I live 2 hours away. I put a deposit on a blue launch model. No one knows when the bikes will get there. I'm waiting for a call back from Triumph GA to get a better idea of my delivery date.

You can follow this to my Triumph Rat post http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-1200...the-usa-3.html

My first post on adv rider.
Garyrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #2111
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

garyyy i think they told me they had just taken their first deposit from a guy in nj guessin that guy is you. good for you im glad you had a good experience wish i could say the same told them what i wanted they took my number and info i never heard from them i even sent the two sales men i talked to emails to follow up still havent heard from them maybe they sell so many bikes they really dont need my business thats even better for them i guess i stopped there two days in a row in the middle of a five day riding trip that alone would tell me (if i were the salesman) that the guy is serious. i have heard many good things about them the buddy i was riding with has been on their emailing list for years its the whole reason we stopped. guess i just like when the guys make i easy to spend my money
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #2112
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

i will add to be clean the guys at martins were not rude or unhelpful they were quiet the opposite probably a group of guys had i not been on my way out of town i woulda had a drink with just to shoot the shit. idk if it was he idea of taking my duc on trade or if they just didnt take me seriously i just figured i would have heard from them the next day about the avail of a grey one and maybe talked some numbers i am pretty quick to sign paper work as you can tell i woulnt tell ppl martins isnt worth a stop i just know where ill buy my future triumph of bmws
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #2113
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,955
First bike(s) being delivered TOMORROW (4/24)!!!!

New Tigger owner from Texas posted on another board that he is picking his blue launch edition up tomorrow, 4/24!

They're HEEEEEEEERE......

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #2114
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

This is very good news !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
New Tigger owner from Texas posted on another board that he is picking his blue launch edition up tomorrow, 4/24!

They're HEEEEEEEERE......

-SM
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #2115
Garyrr
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
garyyy i think they told me they had just taken their first deposit from a guy in nj guessin that guy is you. good for you im glad you had a good experience wish i could say the same told them what i wanted they took my number and info i never heard from them i even sent the two sales men i talked to emails to follow up still havent heard from them maybe they sell so many bikes they really dont need my business thats even better for them i guess i stopped there two days in a row in the middle of a five day riding trip that alone would tell me (if i were the salesman) that the guy is serious. i have heard many good things about them the buddy i was riding with has been on their emailing list for years its the whole reason we stopped. guess i just like when the guys make i easy to spend my money
Don't feel bad...I called Triumph corp headquarters to find out when my bike will be delivered and they never called me back. I think the bottom line is none of them know whats going on with this bike yet. The bikes show up when they show up then they sell them. We never talked price because they are not sure yet. I just put money down on the first blue one. No one can even guarantee me I will get a launch pack so it's hit or miss. Sales guys at dealerships usually don't get back to you right away via email...me too have to wait days for return emails, thats the way that busibness is they thrive on walk in business. Anyway money talks on new units because they will probably sell most all of them. The bike is as fast as my speed triple. I almost bought a Tenere then I rode one at Martins and I'm glad I did. I was just at the right place at the right time as far as the road test goes.

I read a lot of tests on both bikes and only a few things rang true...you need to test ride bikes these days. When I have more time I will do a write up on both bikes. I've been riding for 35 years....used to race motocross in the late 70's early 80's.

If you PM I'll give you my number and we can talk if you want and I'll give you my riding impressions.

Gary
Garyrr is offline   Reply With Quote