ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #2266
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 302
Yeah im getting ready to pull the plug on this one there has been very poor communication on my salesmens part ever since he got my deposit with accessories im spending 18500 plus i would expect a little service for that might have to start shopping for a dealer who wants to get me my bike and keep me in the loop if nothing else i would think i should have a VIN by now
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 3600mi 12 Impreza 110,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 14,400 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles - Waiting for my Terra from Cali-
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7161 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #2267
element6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 47
cold feet, wet feet

Hi, all.
Haven't seen anyone mention this elsewhere. Roads were wet this morning from last night's rain with a little bit of rain falling. My ride to work is about nine miles, almost all 40mph and under.

When I arrived, the backs of my left leg was damp and my left heel was soaked, through the boot. I'm thinking that the exposed rear tire is throwing all the road spray around getting me wet from behind.

Maybe it'll improve with panniers on, but maybe not. Any ideas for a solution? Is this the kind of problem that a hugger can fix?

(damp) Dave
__________________
Dave
Rochester, NY
Make time to ride, don't ride to make time.
element6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #2268
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the road to South America
Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
that was a great ride report rhinowerx . i plan to order a new black 2012 triumph explorer 1200 at ducati triumph new york in the west village .
Doggerell - what happened to the Super Tenere? Did you not get it? Or you got it and didn't like it?
__________________
Super Tenere news and reviews
http://supertenere1200.com
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #2269
Renman1117
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Arcola, Illinois (ON A FARM)
Oddometer: 42
Cool2

I am about to page 135 of this thread. I think I just have the new bike itch so I am definitely paying attention to reviews and comparisons. I have an 2009 Stelvio. Just for grins I called the nearest Triumph dealer nearest to me in Indianapolis to find out availibility and pricing. They have a demo to ride which is of course the "launch" model priced at $16,999.00 plus the 495.00 freight and taxes. The regular model will be at $15,699 plus freight. Guess I was taken aback by the intro launch model price upcharge over the regular model price. Still a very nice ride.

Cliff
__________________
2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Renman1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #2270
innominate
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Austin
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renman1117 View Post
I am about to page 135 of this thread. I think I just have the new bike itch so I am definitely paying attention to reviews and comparisons. I have an 2009 Stelvio. Just for grins I called the nearest Triumph dealer nearest to me in Indianapolis to find out availibility and pricing. They have a demo to ride which is of course the "launch" model priced at $16,999.00 plus the 495.00 freight and taxes. The regular model will be at $15,699 plus freight. Guess I was taken aback by the intro launch model price upcharge over the regular model price. Still a very nice ride.

Cliff
The launch price is more bc that model comes with some factory installed accessories. Can one opt out of the accessories included with the launch model? And I haven't priced the accessories individually. Is the price the same or cheaper if you get the launch model?
__________________
06 Bonnie Creamsicle, 11 S3, 13 Tiger Explorer
The content of this post is for entertainment purposes only and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the poster. Furthermore, claims made by the poster are deemed to be fictitious for the purpose of entertainment. All rights reserved.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #2271
nwbiker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
The launch price is more bc that model comes with some factory installed accessories. Can one opt out of the accessories included with the launch model? And I haven't priced the accessories individually. Is the price the same or cheaper if you get the launch model?
The launch model only comes with certain group of accessories at a slight discount. Not a good deal if there are pieces you don't want. I picked up a non-launch model in Seattle this past weekend and I got 20% off all accessories. Unfortunately, he didn't have most of what I wanted in stock but they'll be installed at the first service later this month.
nwbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #2272
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels
 
GaelicDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 7,322
OK, is the Cat Converter underneath the bike, covered by the skid plate or is it built into the muffler???

IF it's underneath the bike, is it welded in place?
__________________
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #2273
996DL
Buell me
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: too far from the Rockies...
Oddometer: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoWERX View Post

Besides being such a crisp, high quality photo, there's just something so right about it.

The older California neighbourhood, sweet 60's Ford station wagon in the background, and then this ass kicking, no holds barred, hooligan of a bike, with all it's interesting angles and appendages...

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #2274
Moore_Power
Adventurer
 
Moore_Power's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn507 View Post
I'm surprised by the amount of people waiting on bikes they have had deposits on. Triumph gives dealers priority when they take a deposit on a bike, meaning they won't fill a dealers stock order if another has a deposit. The dealer also had to go to required school so maybe a lot of these dealers dragged their feet signing up for school.

Blue launch model in stock at Pete's Cycle in Baltimore MD. MSRP plus $495 freight, $230 assembly/prep, $189 processing fee. Taxes and tags depending on state.

Yes, I work there.

Alan
This is the exact same thing that happened with the Tiger 800s........many people had deposits down, myself included. Triumph still gave the bikes to dealerships that don't have deposits. (Maybe some dealerships lied, but that's not the point) Leaving the people with a deposit and commitment to buying a brand new bike hanging out to dry.
__________________
'11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
'11 BMW R1200RT
Moore_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2275
Moore_Power
Adventurer
 
Moore_Power's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
Yeah im getting ready to pull the plug on this one there has been very poor communication on my salesmens part ever since he got my deposit with accessories im spending 18500 plus i would expect a little service for that might have to start shopping for a dealer who wants to get me my bike and keep me in the loop if nothing else i would think i should have a VIN by now
Sorry to hear about your troubles Luke. I know what your going through. Unfortunately it's not your salesmens fault or the dealership. It's Triumphs.

On a better note; I stopped by the local dealership today and they had a Graphite 1200 sitting by the door. What a beauty....unfortunately it was the Triumph reps bike.
__________________
'11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
'11 BMW R1200RT
Moore_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2276
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 302
happen to be Martin Motorsports ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore_Power View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles Luke. I know what your going through. Unfortunately it's not your salesmens fault or the dealership. It's Triumphs.

On a better note; I stopped by the local dealership today and they had a Graphite 1200 sitting by the door. What a beauty....unfortunately it was the Triumph reps bike.
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 3600mi 12 Impreza 110,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 14,400 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles - Waiting for my Terra from Cali-
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7161 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2277
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore_Power View Post
This is the exact same thing that happened with the Tiger 800s........many people had deposits down, myself included. Triumph still gave the bikes to dealerships that don't have deposits. (Maybe some dealerships lied, but that's not the point) Leaving the people with a deposit and commitment to buying a brand new bike hanging out to dry.
that's what happened to me.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #2278
Climb14er
Jazz Aficionado
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Oddometer: 38
Test rode the Explorer during lunchtime. Took sixth ave to C470 and put 'er through its paces on the hwy and wind from the mountains coming down.

Very impressive ride! Smooth power band, clutch is also smooth, tranny crisp, brakes just right. Throttle no problem as I ride 'by wire' anyway.

I like the bike... just can't stand the second dealer here in Denver either!

Sales guy I spoke with on Sat told me that they're 'open to negotiation'.

Called him this morning, told him I was coming out. When I got there, he was meeting with the BMW regional rep and passed me off to another seasoned sales guy.

BAD MOVE!

The 'other' sales guy and I did not click and after the test ride he asked if I was ready to 'talk'. I said 'yes, let's do'.

Except now, he said 'there's no negotiation'.

The launch pack Explorers coming in late May are $16,999.00 plus another $1148.00 freight, prep, doc. The same as the first dealer by Coors field.

OK, I got in a test ride and now I'm backing off.

Did I say... nice bike!
__________________
“The strength of an individual is not measured by how much one can control others, but by how much one can control oneself.” Hidy Ochiai
Climb14er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #2279
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels
 
GaelicDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
Test rode the Explorer during lunchtime. Took sixth ave to C470 and put 'er through its paces on the hwy and wind from the mountains coming down.

Very impressive ride! Smooth power band, clutch is also smooth, tranny crisp, brakes just right. Throttle no problem as I ride 'by wire' anyway.

I like the bike... just can't stand the second dealer here in Denver either!

Sales guy I spoke with on Sat told me that they're 'open to negotiation'.

Called him this morning, told him I was coming out. When I got there, he was meeting with the BMW regional rep and passed me off to another seasoned sales guy.

BAD MOVE!

The 'other' sales guy and I did not click and after the test ride he asked if I was ready to 'talk'. I said 'yes, let's do'.

Except now, he said 'there's no negotiation'.

The launch pack Explorers coming in late May are $16,999.00 plus another $1148.00 freight, prep, doc. The same as the first dealer by Coors field.

OK, I got in a test ride and now I'm backing off.

Did I say... nice bike!



Sounds like some phone shopping and a Fly n Ride may be in order!!!
__________________
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #2280
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,350
I don't understand all the pissing and moaning that goes on over the price of a bike. This is a first year, by all accounts so far, a popular bike that every dealer will sell out of. Why the heck would any dealer "negotiate"? And people wonder why dealerships close? I don't mind paying MSRP for a bike and the related prep, delivery etc. I like having my dealer around. I don't try to screw him on the price of a bike, I don't even try to offer less. I also have never walked away from a deal without some sort of compensation from the dealer, usually in discounts on clothing, accessories etc. Between my wife and I we have saved way more in those discounts than any savings we would have got discounting a bike.

Dealerships are in business to make money. Find one you like with good staff, quit whining and support them.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014