Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #2896
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Some guy failed to realized that he had relinquished his ___ ____ and succumbed to the selfish wishes of his S/O.
Ouch. How much of a hit did he take on the depreciation on that one? Whaddya asking for it?

[COLOR=yellow]2008 Buell Ulysses[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]2008 Triumph Scrambler[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]2004 HD Heritage Softail[/COLOR]
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2897
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I just read a review of this in Motorcycle Consumer News:
http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/motorcyc...-1200-ntx.html

While I am a Triumph man at heart, this bike has some features that should have been on the Explorer. The big problem, of course, is that it doesn't have a triple engine, and there is that hot left knee for taller riders. In a few other areas, though, it sounds like it has some of things folks wished to see on the Explorer (sealed spoke wheels and a large tank for real range). It is pretty heavy too, but the review says the weight isn't obvious when you are on it.
Just one more bike to chase the big adventure/touring dollar.
Yea, it's gotta alot of good things going for it as does the Explorer and the Tenere. Just wish I could pick and choose the "good" things I like from each bike and combine them into what to me would be my perfect two-up adv bike. But nope can't quite do dat eh???
[CENTER]Blue Skies Coming[/CENTER]
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #2898
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,747
He stood up, put his foot down and reclaimed his individual rights... re-took possession of his ___ ____ and the bike.

I just love happy endings.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #2899
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
God the guzzi is sweet if only it had the cruise control that was the big seller for me and I think the triumph dealer network is better then guzzi. I know yamahas network is way bigger then both but UJM just doesnt do it for me anymore. didnt even look at the tenere although im sure its a great machine and dead reliable hoping my triumph turns out to be just as reliable.

NewYorkLuke screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 04:59 AM
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #2900
XFBO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Hello All!

I just bought my Explorer this past Saturday, so far I'm loving the new ride.
I'm new to the ADV scene and Triumphs, in general, so if someone could be kind enough to steer me in the right direction for online purchases of aftermarket accessories for this specific model, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also curious if there has been any comparisons between pannier makes/models. I'd like to buy a set of those aluminum grade boxes but don't know much about the pro's and con's of the products available out there.

Thanks again!
XFBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #2901
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFBO View Post
Hello All!

I just bought my Explorer this past Saturday, so far I'm loving the new ride.
I'm new to the ADV scene and Triumphs, in general, so if someone could be kind enough to steer me in the right direction for online purchases of aftermarket accessories for this specific model, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also curious if there has been any comparisons between pannier makes/models. I'd like to buy a set of those aluminum grade boxes but don't know much about the pro's and con's of the products available out there.

Thanks again!

There are a few mfg already making stuff for the Tiger Explorer, SW Motech, Touratech and quite a few of the pannier manufacturers have stuff ready to mount up. I might also suggest stepping over to http://www.tiger-explorer.com/ and read up on a more specific bike forum as there are quite a few posts pertinent to this bike.

K.B.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #2902
XFBO
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
There are a few mfg already making stuff for the Tiger Explorer, SW Motech, Touratech and quite a few of the pannier manufacturers have stuff ready to mount up. I might also suggest stepping over to http://www.tiger-explorer.com/ and read up on a more specific bike forum as there are quite a few posts pertinent to this bike.

K.B.
Thanks KB!
Actually, I joined that site first but haven't spent any time there yet since this site came highly recommended.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #2903
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Thanks KB!
Actually, I joined that site first but haven't spent any time there yet since this site came highly recommended.

The Explorer was released about a month early here in the US. Not much stuff available yet but shouldn't be too much longer!
[SIZE=1][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][SIZE=2][CENTER][SIZE=1][B]Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #2904
Crilly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
I sat on one. I think if I. Lowered it enough to get my big toes on the ground the skid plate would get there first. Shame, nice bike other wise.
Crilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #2905
XFBO
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog View Post
The Explorer was released about a month early here in the US. Not much stuff available yet but shouldn't be too much longer!
Ok, thanks!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #2906
mototopo67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
...altre soluzioni con Mytech :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mototopo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #2907
XFBO
Adventurer

Grazie per aver condiviso le foto, sembrano molto bello e ben costruito!

Oh, approssimativamente quanto erano?

Spero che google translate è comprensibile a vostra fine.

XFBO screwed with this post 06-30-2012 at 09:57 AM
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #2908
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 816
That blue is beautiful. If I buy an Explorer someday, I'd sure take a hard look at that color as a nod toward my old Caspian blue Steamer...
Old 06-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #2909
mototopo67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Grazie per aver condiviso le foto, sembrano molto bello e ben costruito!

Oh, approssimativamente quanto erano?

Spero che google translate è comprensibile a vostra fine.
...47 litri + 47 litri...1000 €
mototopo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #2910
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 357
As I sit here in the emergency room, I am struck by the fact I will be missing this summers riding season. I left home about 7:30 this morning with plans of doing a fairly large loop, for me this would be massive, should of been nearly 550 miles all in.

First portion is just highway work for about thirty miles into a neighboring town and one of the primary roads in this area, highway 25 out of Hollister CA.

Made it about eight miles past the Clear Creek OHV turnoff I became, fairly certain, the first individual to center punch a deer on an Explorer.

Deer came off an embankment on my right at just before the apex of a fairly tight descending turn. I was cruising and not pouring it on, guessing about 48mph when I center punched the deer. It was about 1 year old with one fork and maybe 100lbs. Sadly, my dirt biking head took over and to compensate for the massive hit coming from my right I dabbed with my left boot while testing the ABS. This had the adverse result of dual fractures on crown of each bone, thankfully just mid amounts of pain, so far:-p

As I sit in this emergency room waiting for a ride home, I know the only damage to the bike was the front fender and the beak were torn off from impact. How I rode it out for about 500 feet to a safe pullout is beyond me, glad no oncoming traffic at the point of impact. Get a few feet off the road shaken pretty good but in shock due the t leg I was pretty sure was broken.

As I sat draped on the bike in pain, trying to figure out how to dismount my bike without disturbing my leg, I sat there for about 35 minutes until a group of about ten folks o. Harleyd saw me and knew there was some trouble. Thanks go out to them folks as my right leg was beginning to cramp and then I would of finally crashed my Explorer. Glad it was not worse then it could of been but hat phone call from the hospital was even worse then the pain of the break.

Fasttrak
Ken