Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #3286
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Well, not to disagree with your general points but the Guzzi does have a different engine configuration that lends itself to allowing a tank to be fitted lower.
you might want to explain this. Seems to me that a big head sticking out on each side of the bike right where the gas tank goes might be more of a negative than a positive.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #3287
ZZ4Blazer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Id assume he meant that the triple is taller, therefor less room directly under the tank. whereas, with the heads protruding out the sides on the Guzzi, it should allow more room. Having had mine apart, I can tell you its pretty tight up under that tank.

Whats with all the, I wont buy this bike cause of blah blah blah posts? This isnt the bike for you? Thats nice, move along. The 5.3 gal tank isnt big enough for your iron ass thats gonna ride around the word and needs 400 mi range without stopping? Great, we've heard it. We know you want a 400lb bike thats got 150 hp, a 500 mi range, handles like a motard, sucks up the rough stuff like an enduro, handles 1000lbs worth of gear, more comfortable than a goldwing, gets 10K mi to tire changes, has 100K mi service intervals, shoots rainbows out the exhaust, gets you laid at every yuppie place you stop, yada yada yada.

Isnt there a, my vagina is bleeding, section?

'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
08 Yamaha WR450F - woods/adventure monster in the making
ZZ4Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #3288
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
Whats with all the, I wont buy this bike cause of blah blah blah posts?
It's called opinion. If you don't care for them - don't read them. But the ones saying they won't buy it because of blah blah are just as valuable as the ones saying they buy one or bought one.

I bet for Triumph the ones saying WHY they wouldn't or didn't buy one are likely to be much more interesting than the others.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #3289
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
Bla-bla-bla Komsomol... For whoever ever understands this... Greatest bike to date...

Facebook

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #3290
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair View Post
you might want to explain this. Seems to me that a big head sticking out on each side of the bike right where the gas tank goes might be more of a negative than a positive.
Quote:
Id assume he meant that the triple is taller, therefor less room directly under the tank. whereas, with the heads protruding out the sides on the Guzzi, it should allow more room. Having had mine apart, I can tell you its pretty tight up under that tank.

Whats with all the, I wont buy this bike cause of blah blah blah posts? This isnt the bike for you? Thats nice, move along. The 5.3 gal tank isnt big enough for your iron ass thats gonna ride around the word and needs 400 mi range without stopping? Great, we've heard it. We know you want a 400lb bike thats got 150 hp, a 500 mi range, handles like a motard, sucks up the rough stuff like an enduro, handles 1000lbs worth of gear, more comfortable than a goldwing, gets 10K mi to tire changes, has 100K mi service intervals, shoots rainbows out the exhaust, gets you laid at every yuppie place you stop, yada yada yada.

'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #3291
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,240
Quote:

Daannnnng!

I liked the bike and I would like to buy one but fuel range is a biggie for me. No, I'm not looking for a 400lb, 150hp motard that has a 400 mile range but it woulda been nice had Triumph listened to some of the gripes in this very thread and fixed the shitty 200 mile range with a slightly larger tank. I don't absolutely need 400 miles but dammit, an easy 250-300 miles woulda been nice and they had the perfect opportunity to address that issue but they didn't. Maybe you are just fine with a fuel range you would get from a sportbike and if so,,,,, cool beans sport. I simply thought Triumph had a golden opportunity to fix one of the things that I {and many others} didn't like about the bike. They didn't and I voiced my opinion. I'm not bashing the damned thing, I'm not saying it sucks,,,,, I simply voiced an opinion but apparently unless you come here and praise glory to Triumph like some 20yr old dumbass fanboy, you're input/opinon isn't welcome. Least from those dumbass fanboys.

Ya know, I think there should be a "sandy vagina" section in addition to that bleedy one of your's as you could use a good dose of Massingale's yourself sport. Remember now,,,,, you stirred stirred the stick ole boy.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #3292
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
It's called opinion. If you don't care for them - don't read them. But the ones saying they won't buy it because of blah blah are just as valuable as the ones saying they buy one or bought one.

I bet for Triumph the ones saying WHY they wouldn't or didn't buy one are likely to be much more interesting than the others.

Bingo!
Blue Skies Coming
Old 09-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #3293
ZZ4Blazer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
It gets old reading every other post about how bad this is with a certain bike, what should have been done, etc. Its been discussed, time to move on.

There have been a few members already posting low 50 mpg (53 I believe)after break in and some miles on it. That will get you in the 250 mi range. I only got 700 mi on mine, and last fill up calculated 47 mpg. So I dont see that being much of problem.

'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
08 Yamaha WR450F - woods/adventure monster in the making
ZZ4Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #3294
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

As far as range is concerned, I think that 250 miles you note will be an outlier and not the norm. I think that around 200 mile range will be the norm for most folks when ridden like most folks ride. Yea, it might well make it to 240-250 if ridden conservatively and when you know you have a gas station on every corner. But put yer butt on that bike out west or up into Canada and I bet your "effective range drops to 150 miles or less because you will be worried you might not make it to the next station or that once you do make it, it'll be closed for the day. Take my FJR, it gets mid to upper 40s when ridden sedatly and has hit 50 enough that many would take it as normal. That should equal an easy 300 mile range but honestly, I get bugged around the 240-250 mile mark when here in Ga. and when up in Canada, it was closer to 200 miles. Same with my DL650.

Simply put, many people hoped that Triumph would come out with a more serious model and when the rumers became true and the XC model was to be released, we thought for sure Triumph would listen to one of the few things people found fault with. But nope, they ignored it and when pressed on it, came up with some BS about how an extra 6-12lbs would certainly turn the bike into an ill-handling, top-heavy pig. Same BS the Starbucks crowd bandied about when the original was released with a 200 mile range and folks bitched. That irritated many and we voiced our dissapointment of hoping Triumph and other manufacturers {even aftermarket} might notice the bitching and decide to address the issue.

But believe me,,,,, we are not trying to piss you or anyone else off. We are just voicing our dissapointment with one issue in what otherwise is a very desireable bike, least to me. Like We are not slaming the bike. I like it and have said so but the 200 mile range is a deal breaker for me when I have two other bikes that offer at least 250 mile minimum. I have said before, I wished I could pick and choose all the good things I like from various bikes and roll them up into one cool as hell bike. I can't, so I bitch hoping the manufacturers or the aftermarket will see a void to fill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, literally.
Blue Skies Coming
Old 09-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #3295
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 612
I do think it is fair to bitch about the XC model being almost no different from the regular model. I don't think we should keep bitching about the old model not hainvg a big fuel tank.

When I saw the XC model pictures and read what little had changed I had to check to make sure this wasn't an April Fools joke. I'm not in the market for an XC myself but recognized that those who would value that type of bike would want more range and other stuff too.

I hope that Triumph wake up to the fact that sticking on wire wheels does not cut it for what should have been a pseudo GSA imho

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #3296
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
New bike first picture

New garage member on the way:-) It has 900 km on the odometer so I got a good deal on it
Will mount extra lights, engine guards, warm handles&seat.

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #3297
hecpilot
Dreaming of my trip...

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
I want raising links for the rear... Anyone heard they exist?

Facebook
Adjustable links available through eBay.
hecpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #3298
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecpilot View Post
Adjustable links available through eBay.
I saw them, but they are adjustable down, not up...

Facebook

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #3299
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
I saw them, but they are adjustable down, not up...
Talk to these guys:

http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspensi...k-up-kits.html

I use their 15mm kit on a Roadie and it did what it was supposed to do: get more ground clearance, a bit more height, slightly better steering (not so much wandering to the outside).
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #3300
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,293
Sorry if these have been previously posted. Some special colour schemes that have been done in the UK.

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote