Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #3661
Dubl-A
CHATA FUKUP!

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedScot View Post
Waiting for delivery of the Hepco black xplorer panniers and topbox

Those will look real nice on your already sweet bike! Curious, what was the reasoning to trade the MS for the Explorer?

NEW Scorpion Passport XL suit for sale
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #3662
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Those will look real nice on your already sweet bike! Curious, what was the reasoning to trade the MS for the Explorer?
I loved the Multi but wanted a more simplistic bike with a smoother power delivery. I also wanted a key! My girlfriend loves the smoother power as her legs kept lifting off the pegs when accelerating on the Multi.

Plus, I do like a new toy every couple of years!

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #3663
ZZ4Blazer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyOwl View Post
Waiting for delivery of the Hepco black xplorer panniers and topbox

UGH! I love those cases. Especially the topcase. But refuse to pay that much for them. I was leaning towards the stocker, or even the trax top. But, they dont look like theyd fit my fly fishing gear in there. Which, is primarily why I want one. My boots, vest and waders are a little bulky.

'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
08 Yamaha WR450F - woods/adventure monster in the making
ZZ4Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #3664
gregdee
Motocampist

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Bird View Post

Have the OEM GPS mount wired into the rear top box power connection and ...
As far as I know, in the States radar detectors are not allowed in Washington D.C. and on military installations. Sucks, cuz I work on an Air Force Base and they're pretty serious about their speed limits - 25 mph in some spots and 15 mph going out the gate on the way home. But in OZ don't you have like 4000 miles between towns? There can't be that many cops sitting around out in the bush waiting to nab you. Besides, according to Paul Carter in the book Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs (She Thinks I am a Piano Player in a Whore House) there are way too many kangaroos on the roads there to be speeding anyway. I still can't believe that dude rode a diesel bike all the way around OZ.

But seriously, could you give us your impression of the OEM GPS mount? A picture of the attachment would be helpful. I am currently using the Garmin mount for my Montana with RAM products. This looks fine on my '02 KLR but the fit and finish of the Adaptive Mount that I am using for the radar detector is much nicer, so much so that I am considering getting another one for the GPS so I can place it directly over the instrument cluster rather than running the mount from the handlebar. But before I do that I'd like to see what the OEM part looks like.

Cheers,
Greg

gregdee screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 08:02 PM
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #3665
gregdee
Motocampist

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyOwl View Post
traded my Multi 1200 and had my Tiger delivered last week. Fitted the MRA Black touring screen from day one. Boxes of additional farkles in the garage to fit

I really dig the boxes but a black windscreen that big? Seriously? Can you see anything through that? I am having enough trouble getting used to looking through the light smoke Madstad and it's not much darker than the clear stock windscreen. When standing I am fine but trying to read anything directly in front of me through any windscreen is disconcerting. Looks tits though.
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #3666
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
I really dig the boxes but a black windscreen that big? Seriously? Can you see anything through that? I am having enough trouble getting used to looking through the light smoke Madstad and it's not much darker than the clear stock windscreen. When standing I am fine but trying to read anything directly in front of me through any windscreen is disconcerting. Looks tits though.
Maybe I'm just used to it as I had the same screen on my Multi. I will get a picture later from the seat. My riding is 98% on road so if anything is in the field of vision of the screen its too late and time to kiss my ass goodbye

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #3667
Tropical Bird
From the front line

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
As far as I know, in the States radar detectors are not allowed in Washington D.C. and on military installations. Sucks, cuz I work on an Air Force Base and they're pretty serious about their speed limits - 25 mph in some spots and 15 mph going out the gate on the way home. But in OZ don't you have like 4000 miles between towns? There can't be that many cops sitting around out in the bush waiting to nab you. Besides, according to Paul Carter in the book Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs (She Thinks I am a Piano Player in a Whore House) there are way too many kangaroos on the roads there to be speeding anyway. I still can't believe that dude rode a diesel bike all the way around OZ.

But seriously, could you give us your impression of the OEM GPS mount? A picture of the attachment would be helpful. I am currently using the Garmin mount for my Montana with RAM products. This looks fine on my '02 KLR but the fit and finish of the Adaptive Mount that I am using for the radar detector is much nicer, so much so that I am considering getting another one for the GPS so I can place it directly over the instrument cluster rather than running the mount from the handlebar. But before I do that I'd like to see what the OEM part looks like.

Cheers,
Greg

Hello Greg

Yes, it is many, many miles between towns here. The roos can be far more nasty than the cops, for sure!

The OEM GPS mount is a piece of CNC machined art. Beautiful.

It puts the GPS just in the right spot.

Here are a couple of pics:

Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #3668
METIGER
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Swap Tiger 1050 for Explorer

I am a Triumph man through and through so I am not interested in whether or not the Tiger Explorer is good or bad as there are no really bad bikes made these days . I just want to know who has gone from the 1050 Tiger to the Explorer and did they make the right choice . I currently have the 1050 and have the chance to get a good deal on the Explorer .
METIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #3669
littlefield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I had an 07 Tiger 1050 and now ride a 1200 Explorer. The Explorer has a superior drivetrain. Only negative I see is the fuel economy drops more quickly than the 1050 if you ride it hard. The suspension is better as far as turning and tracking through the curves but less plush. Triumph managed to replace the super easy to remove 1050 tank with one that requires about 20 screws and some crazy fuel equalizing tubes be removed. Hasn't used a drop of oil and I haven't had any of the engine noise problems some folks have. I've put a Russell Day Long on mine, some are pleased with the stock seat. All in all this is easily the nicest riding bike I've ever owned.
littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #3670
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Thumb

Nice garage TB! Is the inside of your house that clean?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #3671
M Bouthillette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Its' here !!

Sorry about the garbage bins, it was getting dark and cold...
M Bouthillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #3672
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
She looks great! Be sure to give us updates on how the K60s handle on & off road. I know of several of us with the Explorers that air seriously considering them...

Spring is just around the corner.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #3673
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bouthillette View Post
Its' here !!

What a sharp picture

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3674
M Bouthillette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thanks, once you go with pro lenses, you never want to go back to duller lenses...
M Bouthillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #3675
Tropical Bird
From the front line

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
Nice garage TB! Is the inside of your house that clean?

Ha ha! Everyone likes my garage...