Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #721
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Is the suit that you are referring to the Rallye.....or would any suit a GS rider might have that you cannot afford be called that also?
Okay this has the distinct feeling of turning into handbags at five paces here... And Ladies it's seriously not worth it. I have a Twat Suit and although I don't wear it much I get the joke and can laugh at myself. If we can't poke a little fun at each other without people getting pissy then what is the point of any of this anyhow? Laugh at the joke or ignore it then move on.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #722
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
I have a Twat Suit and although I don't wear it much I get the joke and can laugh at myself.
The biggest question is whether it's still a "Twat Suit" if I wear it on my WR250 when riding through the desert or only on the GS in front of Starbucks ...

And the other thing is: I like Starbucks on trips. They normally have cleaner restrooms and better coffee than gas stations.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #723
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
The biggest question is whether it's still a "Twat Suit" if I wear it on my WR250 when riding through the desert or only on the GS in front of Starbucks ...

And the other thing is: I like Starbucks on trips. They normally have cleaner restrooms and better coffee than gas stations.
I'd say it's a Twat Suit if you wear it more as a fashion accessory then a necessity. Definitely a Twat Suit if it's like 90% of the GS's that never have actually seen dirt or been drop in 6 inch deep mud or sand.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #724
creggur
There are no curves here.

Oddometer: 277
Man, and I caught shit for getting off track on the Multistrada...

Question is, do your shoes match your tank bag?
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle.
creggur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #725
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
Okay this has the distinct feeling of turning into handbags at five paces here... And Ladies it's seriously not worth it. I have a Twat Suit and although I don't wear it much I get the joke and can laugh at myself. If we can't poke a little fun at each other without people getting pissy then what is the point of any of this anyhow? Laugh at the joke or ignore it then move on.
THANK YOU SIR!!

Jesus H Christ guys ... sorry I ever brought it up! LETS MOVE ON!

(BTW, the suits in question were usually the fancy BMW suits only. Aerostich never came into it as it's only more recently anyone in the UK has even ever heard of an Aerostich suit (which is WAY better than any BMW suit ever made).

If you guys ever get out of your cubicles and actually read the Brit mags ... you'd pick up a lot of "off color" slang. (some writing is quite funny)

In Brit mags terms such as twat, cunt and bollocks are commonly used ... and not edited out. Some even slip in a "fuck" now and then. (Fast Bikes). MS&L are more "pipe and slippers" (another Brit term referring to BMW riders or older riders), BIKE, not unless Dan Walsh is doing a piece.

Who wants to do some research?? Come on, it'll be fun! The project is to find out how much damage the Triumph factories got from the recent floods. If you speak/read Thai, this would help. A very good report I heard while in Mexico recently claimed over 50 large international manfacturers are located in the flooded areas. Funny, not of word of this sort of international news on US TV anywhere I've found. Online will have to do. Companies like Honda and Toyota are serious invested in Thailand .... as is Triumph with two plants.

So whats the story? Early reports claimed many factories were six feet under water. So, was Triumph hit? Anyone?
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #726
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 647
twat suits, slippers, floods what else.....

The only thing I know when I inquired for a testride next year my dealer told me they already have several customer orders for the 1200 so the first couple of bikes will not be demo's as they are all sold.
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #727
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post

Right On! MUCH better Coffee ... I like them too. Last Winter I stopped in a Starbuck's coming down out of the Sierra after riding snowy roads and hairball conditions. I was beat. Took a nice nap, cleaned up and stripped off clothes in the CLEAN restroom ... and enjoyed a nice Vente Mocha. From there rode the final 220 home without a break! Thank you Starbucks!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #728
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post

So whats the story? Early reports claimed many factories were six feet under water. So, was Triumph hit? Anyone?
We have seen a bot of this in Oz but nothing specific about what factories were hit.
Just night after night of the evolving disaster. Probably because the news people think we can relate due to parts of Oz the size of France being underwater recently and more coming by the look of it.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #729
lonerockz
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Grifter, you must not be in the computer biz. Lots of hard drive manufactures were in the flood zone, people were hoarding drives for a while there. Lots of coverage here in the US on that aspect at least.

Triumph uses the Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate (source: http://www.bccthai.com/BCCT/asp/corp....asp?CorpID=46)

Amata Nakorn has not been hit by flooding (Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...-flood-lessons)

Workers are moving to Amata Nakorn from other flooded areas (Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/...stern-seaboard)

So not flooded, but could give new meaning to the bike made on hangover Monday...
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #730
mtbenson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Bring on the Tiger 1200 road tests...

...cuz obviously we've run out of things to speculate about!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #731
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz View Post
Grifter, you must not be in the computer biz. Lots of hard drive manufactures were in the flood zone, people were hoarding drives for a while there. Lots of coverage here in the US on that aspect at least.

Triumph uses the Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate (source: http://www.bccthai.com/BCCT/asp/corp....asp?CorpID=46)

Amata Nakorn has not been hit by flooding (Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...-flood-lessons)

Workers are moving to Amata Nakorn from other flooded areas (Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/...stern-seaboard)

So not flooded, but could give new meaning to the bike made on hangover Monday...
Excellent info Steve, thanks! You're correct ... I can barely operate a computer ... but I did learn to type in 7th grade!

This is great news for Triumph! Means production will likely be (more or less) on time for the new Tiger Explorer.

I was amazed the Fukushima nuclear disaster did not take out more MC parts suppliers Triumph are dependent on but looks like all Triumphs are in the show rooms world wide.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #732
Bain Dramage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
So, how would one appropriately dress while riding the Tiger 1200?

Seems the twat suit is out - this high-point of fashion having been taken over by the "high rent district" BMW folks.

Perhaps a Mackintosh with a mangina flap? Covered by a waterproof YKK zipper, of course...
Bain Dramage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #733
Hogslayer
motomaniac

Oddometer: 140
Great, I just found out last year there's no Santa , now your telling me Triumph parts aren't made in England

anymore, whats next you gonna tell me Harley Davidson gets its parts outside the US, like that will ever happen.
Hogslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #734
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain Dramage View Post

Seems the twat suit is out - this high-point of fashion having been taken over by the "high rent district" BMW folks.

Perhaps a Mackintosh with a mangina flap? Covered by a waterproof YKK zipper, of course...
Sounds good

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #735
creggur
There are no curves here.

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain Dramage View Post

Adventure Ready?
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle.
creggur is offline   Reply With Quote