ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #1081
Voluhzia
iExplorer
 
Voluhzia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,615
Just got e-mail from local Triumph dealer here in Raleigh, NC

"Hope this finds you doing well!!! You were in the dealership back in November inquiring about the
2012 Tiger 1200 Explorer. At that time I really didn’t have a lot of information to give you but have gotten some updates
Here in last couple days!! The price is suggested to be 15,699.00 plus freight, set up, doc tax and tags. We have
2 bikes designated for us to receive in May/June of 2012. After the initial shipment we will probably see our second shipment
Late July/August of 2012. We are currently taking deposits for the first two if this is something you would be interested in!!
Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you with anything! Have a Merry Christmas!!!"
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #1082
creggur
There are no curves here.
 
creggur's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Fl. aka Flatandstraightsandistan...
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
Just got e-mail from local Triumph dealer here in Raleigh, NC

"Hope this finds you doing well!!! You were in the dealership back in November inquiring about the
2012 Tiger 1200 Explorer. At that time I really didn’t have a lot of information to give you but have gotten some updates
Here in last couple days!! The price is suggested to be 15,699.00 plus freight, set up, doc tax and tags. We have
2 bikes designated for us to receive in May/June of 2012. After the initial shipment we will probably see our second shipment
Late July/August of 2012. We are currently taking deposits for the first two if this is something you would be interested in!!
Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you with anything! Have a Merry Christmas!!!"
Wonder if that price is for the initial release bikes which are rumored to be coming with some factory installed accessories, or if that's the MSRP for the standard Explorer...
__________________
_________________________
Blue '12 Tenere
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle.
creggur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #1083
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by creggur View Post
Wonder if that price is for the initial release bikes which are rumored to be coming with some factory installed accessories, or if that's the MSRP for the standard Explorer...


Anyone know anything about the factory luggage? Is it likely to be included with the basic price? Is it compatible with the luggage for the 800XC?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #1084
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yankee Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Decatur, AL
Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Anyone know anything about the factory luggage? Is it likely to be included with the basic price? Is it compatible with the luggage for the 800XC?
I believe it is the same luggage as the 800. Not sure about price or it's inclusion.
__________________
2005 Ural
2005 BMW F650GS
2012 Triumph Tiger 800xc
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #1085
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Camarillo, CA
Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by creggur View Post
Wonder if that price is for the initial release bikes which are rumored to be coming with some factory installed accessories, or if that's the MSRP for the standard Explorer...
That's a great question. It seems in the ball park all things considered, but ya, what comes with it for that price?

Not too many people have said good things about the factory luggage on 800.

I'm real curious to know how the mpg/range works out. I kinda wish it had a full 6.0 gallons on board.
__________________
13 MG Stelvio NTX, 09 Duc Sport Classic, 02 Speed Triple
13 Husky Terra 650, 00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #1086
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
That's a great question. It seems in the ball park all things considered, but ya, what comes with it for that price?

Not too many people have said good things about the factory luggage on 800.

I'm real curious to know how the mpg/range works out. I kinda wish it had a full 6.0 gallons on board.
I think the problem with the OEM luggage is just with the mounting tab being weak, not necessarily the luggage itself. So maybe they have worked out a better mounting system on the 1200.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #1087
Hogslayer
motomaniac
 
Hogslayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: 37.7 miles west of the Donner Party!
Oddometer: 140
... Mandatory Air-Bags....

Whats this I hear about the US models coming with mandatory front and rear air bags plus a super duty clean emissions catalytic converter all standard?

Thus bringing the dry weight to just under 900lbs and the base price somewhere around 20k.

Its getting harder to decipher fact from fiction.........Plus I can't remember where I heard this, I'm so confused......
Hogslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #1088
burgerking
echt bezopen
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Oddometer: 497
Found this on the German Tiger board

http://www.tigerhome.de/index.php?ac...post&id=182227

It is in German sorry
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #1089
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer
 
Dust_'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Found this on the German Tiger board

http://www.tigerhome.de/index.php?ac...post&id=182227

It is in German sorry
There are some useful informations on that PDF!

Seat height: 840/860mm
Main stand as standard
switchable ABS
switchable traction control and a 2 mode traction control

259kg fully loaded

37L left pannier, 25l Right pannier
35L top-box with 12V socket
Higher screen is: - 30mm wider than Stock
- 50mm higher than stock
Dust_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #1090
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Two Plugs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Groningen Province - Top of Holland
Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Found this on the German Tiger board

http://www.tigerhome.de/index.php?ac...post&id=182227

It is in German sorry
Isn't it great, Burgerking, to live in a part of the World where the average person does speak, read and understand at least 2 foreign languages?



Tnx for sharing the PDF. For the 'Only US-English' speaking natives here... It seems that Triumph originally had an 25 L fuel capacity in mind. Even on a riding prototype. But according to the PDF file in Burgerking's download, the extra fuel capacity had an negative influence on road handling of the bike and was there for reduced to 20 L (Litres).

Funny guys, those British...

Hmmm... doesn't the GSA comes with 28 liter, like the Stelvio NTX?

Despite the German language used in the document, it gives a clear look at the original Triumph accessories available and how they are mounted on the bike.
__________________
Bernard 'Two Plugs', NL
Honda XL1000V Varadero & VFR1200X Crosstourer Forum www.vci-forum.com

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #1091
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer
 
Dust_'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
Isn't it great, Burgerking, to live in a part of the World where the average person does speak, read and understand at least 2 foreign languages?



Tnx for sharing the PDF. For the 'Only US-English' speaking natives here... It seems that Triumph originally had an 25 L fuel capacity in mind. Even on a riding prototype. But according to the PDF file in Burgerking's download, the extra fuel capacity had an negative influence on road handling of the bike and was there for reduced to 20 L (Litres).

Funny guys, those British...

Hmmm... doesn't the GSA comes with 28 liter, like the Stelvio NTX?

Despite the German language used in the document, it gives a clear look at the original Triumph accessories available and how they are mounted on the bike.
If you have the time, you can just copy paste it to google translate (that's what I did!!!)
Dust_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #1092
Rick West
Function not Farkles
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Out West For Awhile
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Mr Grifter, this is getting ridiculous..

Claimed 261Kg against the tigers claimed 259.

I would say that makes them pretty even.

Won't be long before the bike weighs 800lbs.
Don't worry about how much it weights. I read in the S10 thread that all that extra weight makes them much better in the dirt.
__________________
KTM 990 - The only real "dual" sport in the big Adventure bike class
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #1093
Ze_zaskar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ze_zaskar's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: 4117'51.59"N / 843'56.76"W
Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Don't worry about how much it weights. I read in the S10 thread that all that extra weight makes them much better in the dirt.
Lol daddy issues strike again
Ze_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #1094
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession
 
Bikeaddict's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Athens,Greece
Oddometer: 249
14.490 Euros in Greece. Nice price (if you have the dough that is)
__________________
Versys 650 (sold), Yam XT 660R (sold), Yam TDM 900 (sold), Suzie VStrom 650 (sold), KTM Adventure 950 (sold), Honda Transalp 650 (sold), Suzie DR 650 (sold)
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #1095
Bundu
===============
 
Bundu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Found this on the German Tiger board

http://www.tigerhome.de/index.php?ac...post&id=182227

It is in German sorry
VER NICE FIND! thanks!
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015