Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #256
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K. View Post
I'm really interested to see how much fuel this bike really uses.
On my two day demo ride it took about 16 litres (4 US gal) to fill it up after about 235kms (145 miles).

So that works out to 36 mpg. The problem is that you need to start worring about finding fuel long before you get to the 145 mile mark. Everytime you get to about 100 miles, it's time to start looking for fuel. In less populated areas, that can take away a lot of the fun of the ride.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #257
JHa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K. View Post
I'm really interested to see how much fuel this bike really uses.
Check this: http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/foru...d.php?t=114300
JHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #258
CaptainFresca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Side View Post
Well - after all of the bad press I officially picked up a demo with next to no miles for $9700. Awesome deal and an awesome bike. It just doesn't happen to look like every other bike and "only" gets 300km / tank. What a POS. No wonder it was so cheap.

I seriously think that the internet is killing originality in motorcycle design. If it doesn't look the same as the last model bike that we are used to seeing we bitch like a bunch of whiny school girls. If someone comes out with a new bike that looks like monkey ass like the new Versys, it's a love in.

I can't wait for spring....
The best solution is stay OFF the internet and ON your scoot. Congrats on the new bike. Don't worry about what "they" say on the internet.
CaptainFresca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #259
High_Side
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFresca View Post
The best solution is stay OFF the internet and ON your scoot. Congrats on the new bike. Don't worry about what "they" say on the internet.
So that's just what I did> Can't wait for spring!
High_Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #260
dogfm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Second time around ...

I m getting close to getting my second one of these after a gap of three years - the marketing of them wasn't good but I like something with a bit of syle so selling the Ducati 999S (too unreliable) to return to a V4 Honda.

The only question is DCT or Manual ... I guess I'll just take whatever comes along. Funny how the bike polarises opinions a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it (whether you've tried it or not ).

I like the blue but the white ones seem to be more plentiful for some strange reason - the dealer I bought the first one off told me a white one would make cage occupants think I was a LEO, great they'll get out off the way ... apparently not, they brake and slow down~ true or not white bike riders?
dogfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #261
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 726
It really is a wonderful bike, and I completely understand why you would buy another. It gets under your skin. Spent Monday and Tuesday on a quick trip to ride some twisties in southern Missouri. Rode 450 miles the first day and 550 the second. I only have 2500 miles on the bike, but the big V4 is already becoming my favorite motor of all the bikes I've owned. Fuel mileage ranged from 37 to 41 mpg on the trip. My only complaint is the seat, which is just too hard for my liking after a couple of hours. I do like the shape of the seat, so I've ordered an Airhawk for longer trips, which I think will solve my issues. Mine is a 2010, and I understand they've improved the seat on the '12 and '13 models.

Most interesting to me is the interest I've gotten from people - riders and not - at fuel stops. It's been a conversation starter more often than any bike I've ridden. The comments have all been complimentary, but no clue what they've said after they've left.

Love the bike.

*edit*
Oh yeah...wrong thread. We can now return to the regularly-scheduled dog piling and derision.

Unleaded screwed with this post 05-15-2013 at 07:42 PM
Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #262
dogfm
Gnarly Adventurer

Indeed ..

I only want to get another so I can bitch about range, weight, suspension, etc. Arranged to go and see friendly dealer for a test ride on DCT part ex he's just taken in.

If the dealer can upgrade the software so the 2010 is not restricted in gears 1 & 2 I'll be happy to get a 2010 DCT version, there's some really low mileage ones - I guess people have just sat admiring them

You weather looks great ... 999 on fleabay, I can't wait
Old 05-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #263
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfm View Post
I only want to get another so I can bitch about range, weight, suspension, etc.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #264
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Side View Post
So that's just what I did> Can't wait for spring!
Awesome pic! I also hate you.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #265
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Viffer12 is def the bike I love to hate. It just irritates me so much to think of the manpower and financial resources Honda devoted and this thing and this what they came up with. It falls short in SOOOO many ways, which would be fine if their goal was another superhawk or whatever, but no their goal was to build the ultimate performance street motorcycle.

It shines in certain areas, but all bikes do that. Honda did not set out to build a bike that got the reception it did, which makes them and the V12 a failure in my book.

It does have one of the best motors I've EVER sampled though!

Colorado_Rider screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 08:57 AM
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #266
dogfm
Gnarly Adventurer

Wicked I think you re off message ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
Viffer12 is def the bike I love to hate. It just irritates me so much to think of the manpower and financial resources Honda devoted and this thing and this what they came up with. It falls short in SOOOO many ways, which would be fine if their goal was another superhawk or whatever, but no their goal was to build the ultimate performance street motorcycle.

If shines in certain areas, but all bikes do that. Honda did not set out to build a bike that got the reception it did, which makes them and the V12 a failure in my book.

It does have one of the best motors I've EVER sampled though!
Apparently they used knowledge gained in Moto GP and form their dirt bike so the investment was pretty much free beyond tooling :)
It polarises - at least you ve ridden which many armchairs critics have not. I enjoyed my previous one tremendously- toured Scotland with wife (no days without weather)
I like marmite I m guessing you don t :)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #267
Rinty
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 537
I see Remus makes an exhaust system for the VFR1200 now. That must sound good - and improve the looks as well.
Rinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #268
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

You know you got an ugly bike when you have to resort to false advertising

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/3740845578.html
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #269
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
I see Remus makes an exhaust system for the VFR1200 now. That must sound good - and improve the looks as well.

Youtube is not, of course, the perfect place to judge exhaust notes, but to my ears NOTHING can make this new V4 sound good. IMO they sound awful!! They just drone and wail with no thump at all. They sound like an I4 in all the worst ways with none of the screaming high positives.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #270
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

I always thought the same thing about the ST1300. Even with pipes it sounds gay. Like something George Jetson would ride.