ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
1911fan OP
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,715
Wenatchee Meet n Greet thread: Sign up here!

In the "Entiat Spot message" thread, and in Hangar14's "Wenatchee/Entiat/Chelan" thread, there have been posts about 'Hey let's meet up.....' So let's DO IT!!

Here's my idea: this Saturday (October 15) at the Red Robin in Wenatchee... say, 6pm?

Post up if you're coming.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Hangar14
FKA: BendEuroMoto

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
In the "Entiat Spot message" thread, and in Hangar14's "Wenatchee/Entiat/Chelan" thread, there have been posts about 'Hey let's meet up.....' So let's DO IT!!

Here's my idea: this Saturday (October 15) at the Red Robin in Wenatchee... say, 6pm?

1911fan
That sounds pretty good. Does it have to be Red Robin? It has became sort of an inside joke with my wife and I that I have never been in a Red Robin. It has been an on going 15 year joke. I would hate to break the trend now, but if I have to,I will. If it is a good place to go, I am up for it.
There is a little Mexican place downtown, I think it's called Taco Loco. Anybody like that place?

David
Hangar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
1911fan OP
Master of the Obvious

Yah, geez..... OK, it's El Porton on Valley Mall Parkway in East Wenatchee.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Hangar14

I am 80% sure I can make it. Saturday at 6:00 is a long time from now. I can't say for 100% sure until Friday afternoon.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
michaelyogi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Oct. 15...

... is opening day for deer season. Just a friendly reminder.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
1911fan OP
Master of the Obvious

Only if you hunt the modern rifle season. I bowhunt, so I had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me.

So, is anybody interested in this?

1911fan

Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
zedx9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar14 View Post
I am 80% sure I can make it. Saturday at 6:00 is a long time from now. I can't say for 100% sure until Friday afternoon.
David, check your pm's
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
SuperSlug
The Space Worm

Oddometer: 2,706
We're a tentative yes, but could we change the venue? My wife and I lost a good friend in a tragic chimichanga accident at El Porton.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
Hangar14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlug View Post
We're a tentative yes, but could we change the venue? My wife and I lost a good friend in a tragic chimichanga accident at El Porton.
I am new here, so I don't have much reference as to where a good place is. You guys decide and I will go.

Are you riding that Guzzi? I love that model, I built a very very nice engine for one a few years ago. I have an Ambo and a Monza, but I will probably ride my Multistrada.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
SuperSlug
The Space Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar14 View Post
I am new here, so I don't have much reference as to where a good place is. You guys decide and I will go.

Are you riding that Guzzi? I love that model, I built a very very nice engine for one a few years ago. I have an Ambo and a Monza, but I will probably ride my Multistrada.
I love any Guzzi.

Yep, though I think I'm done riding for the year. I had knee surgery today today and any free time I have after I'm healed is dedicated to finishing my deck before it starts to snow.

El Porton is just fine. Welcome to NCW
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
1911fan OP
Master of the Obvious

Well, crap... should have checked the calendar. This Saturday is SortofWife's birthday. Me not being present = bad. So, after trying to get this off the ground, I've gotta bail.

I got a good PM from TailGunner who hosts a MAG in his area. Several good points, one of which is that he's had better luck getting people to show up on weeknights, another is that it should be a place that will let you move tables around as group size increases. He's had as few as three or four show and as many as 25 IIRC.

I'm still interested in getting this going, even though I can't make the first one.

So if we do it on a weeknight, what's everyone's preference? There's a great place in Cashmere that has AYCE tacos every Tuesday and is very flexible. We could meet there any night of the week and they'll let us move tables.

1911fan

Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Hangar14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Well, crap... should have checked the calendar. This Saturday is SortofWife's birthday. Me not being present = bad. So, after trying to get this off the ground, I've gotta bail.

I got a good PM from TailGunner who hosts a MAG in his area. Several good points, one of which is that he's had better luck getting people to show up on weeknights, another is that it should be a place that will let you move tables around as group size increases. He's had as few as three or four show and as many as 25 IIRC.

I'm still interested in getting this going, even though I can't make the first one.

So if we do it on a weeknight, what's everyone's preference? There's a great place in Cashmere that has AYCE tacos every Tuesday and is very flexible. We could meet there any night of the week and they'll let us move tables.

1911fan
That sounds good. Week nights are better for me too. A morning meet for coffee and an easy group ride could prove interesting. Maybe Lonepine and ride Badger Mt.? Killer pastries at Lonepine, and good coffee too.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
SuperSlug
The Space Worm

Tacos in Cashmere sounds good to us. Our best nights are Monday through Thursday. Name the night and time and we'll be there!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #14
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Each group has luck getting folk to show up in different ways. The Spo./Cda group doesn't have a regular meetup day/night. We haven't had much luck with weeknights other than if someone is in town from out of area. We go different places all the time, different times and different days. Someone posts a date, time and place and people either show or not but the least number we have had show up is three. We also don't get together much during the summer/riding season and middle of winter/cabin fever season we get together a lot more.

Good luck with getting your meetups started and ignore Pickle you have a long way to go before you can be as disfunctional as that group he hangs with.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
1911fan OP
Master of the Obvious

Well. I'll be at Mojos on Tuesday then. I'll be there by 7, unless I have to work until then. I'll be there by 7:30 anyway. There's a few local shooters and we're usually there.

1911fan