ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
sander OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
KTM 1190 vs Super Tenere

Currently I'm riding a Suzuki GSX1250 for commuting and a DR650 for all the offroad stuff.
Recently I'm thinking about changing the GSX for something that I don't have to turn around when the pavement ends. So far I tested the ktm 1190 adventure and the Yamaha Super Tenere. These is just my short comparison between the 2.

Engine
As a comparison The GSX has a turbine of an engine. I did a lot of work on mine and it puts 118hp on the rear tyre. It pulls from well below idle all the way to the limiter.
KTM - This thing is seriously quick once you get the revs up. But going uphill doing about 80 I had to go down to 5th, because the engine did not like being under 3.5k rpm. It felt like I was labouring it, bike was shaking and uncomfortable in all modes. After reading all the good reviews about low down torque I did not expect that. It was fine going uphill in 5th gear and 6th gear on the flat is fine as well.
Yamaha - The demo bike had a lot of slack in the throttle cable which made it feel a bit weird. Took off in T mode which gave me a very slow reacting throttle, so I switched to S straight away. I Turned on the freeway and it felt a bit sluggish. But looking down and the speedo is moving like it should. very deceiving acceleration. It felt smoother than the KTM so I took it to the same hill. Torqued up in 6th without a hiccup. Had a hesitation from idle, like it took a while for the signal to get from the throttle to the engine.

Handling
KTM - Very nice sticks like shit to a blanket, it just goes where you point it. Changing lines mid corner is effortless. Slow down to walking pace though and I found it a bit unstable. A bit twitchy.
Yamaha - Stable at all speeds. Takes more force to turn the bars. But handles fine.

Brakes, clutch and gearbox
KTM - They stop the bike in a hurry. I liked the feeling, good feedback. Couldn't get myself to grip a fistful mid corner I'm sure the ABS and MSC do what they should do.
Clutch is very nice and light.
Gearbox it's there it works bike had done 800km so probably still tight nothing spectacular.
Yamaha - The Yamaha has linked brakes, grab the front and the computer grabs a bit of rear. I haven't found out how it works exactly. I thought that when you grab the front first it has to much initial bite after that they've got good feel, when you press the rear after the front it feels like you're trying to squash a rock. Grab the rear first and then the front and everything works as normal. ABS can't be switched off. That's fixed by a $20 switch.
Clutch is nothing remarkable, there is a bit of a vibration coming from the clutch basket though. Around 3000rpm put a bit of pressure on the lever and it disappears.
Gearbox is long. 60 in 1st 120 in 2nd. No gear indicator on the 2013 model.

Comfort
I'm about 6'1" / 6'2" And I always wear earplugs.
KTM - First thing what a shit screen. Why on earth would you put such a turd of a screen on a bike costing 24k. Anything above 60kph and the buffeting at my helmet was just ridiculous would literally give me a headache in 10 min. Raising it from low to high made it go from disastrous to really bad. The mechanism to raise the screen feels flimsy. The R might be better. Hell, no screen would be better than this pos.
Seating position was nice and neutral. Standing would need higher bars and lower pegs it felt cramped.
I might have a problem with the stock hand guards when adjusting the levers down.
I was on my tippy toes.
The heat through the seat is just stupid. I expected a bit of heat bit this was really uncomfortable, after waiting at a traffic light you want to stand up for a bit and this was on a cool morning. 40C in the sand should be fun.
The vibes made my hands go numb after an hour.
Suspension a bit harsh in all settings
Yamaha - Bit of buffeting but I think that adjusting the screen higher would help. You need tools for that though. Much better than the KTM.
Seating position was nice. Standing would only need some bar raisers.
Stock hand guards are attached to levers and need to be replaced.
No cylinder sticking to the back means a really low seat height. I could flat foot it easily.
Good heat management, while riding I could feel a bit of heat on my left leg. While stopped the fan blew all the hot air to the side.
Suspension was plush

Electronics
KTM - nice menu easy to change everything on the fly (except TC and ABS). Could not figure out how to turn the TC back on, I had to restart the bike. Everything is there. But why do we need 4 drive modes. Street and Sport is pretty much the same and offroad and rain feels the same.
Yamaha - The buttons are all over the place. Nice difference between S and T. but no gear indicator and switches to change info are a long way away. KTM is much better.

Weight
KTM - 230odd kilo
Yamaha - 260odd kilo but carried lower than the Kato
Both bikes are fat, hell my DR is fat when it's having a rest. Both will require a lot of paddling to get through soft sand.

Conclusion
The KTM slogan says it all, ready to race. And I have to answer that with no. The KTM would be a weapon in the right hands and at the right speed... which would be outside my comfort zone. I think that within my skill set I could take both bikes to the same places, but I'd drop the KTM more, and I would be more comfortable on the Yamaha. On road there won't be a lot of difference between the 2 until the 150kph, but I like my licence. So the picture of an Adventure R which has graced my desktop for the last year has been replaced by a Yamaha. And up to 3 weeks ago I would have never believed that.

sander screwed with this post 03-29-2014 at 02:46 AM
sander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,289
Yep that's what I ended up doing.

Writing a cheque that my off road talent could cash. Didn't want fast, I wanted easy. (given the fact I like to do lots of miles two up and loaded)

Frankly, when I get real, I realize there are a lot of bikes out there that I can pay more to waste more.

YAMAHA is a great bike, not a race bike but a great long term travel almost anywhere bike.

Good to have lots of options these days.

PS. the 2014 XT1200Z and ZE has a gear indicator, cruise, electro suspenders and a computer operating system much like everything else these days. Don't when OZ gets it though.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 03-29-2014 at 03:37 AM
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,917
Oh well the hell, I'm bored in a hotel so I'll give my input for the 2 cents it worth.
I just sold my 12' S-10 after doing 24K miles in less than two years. What a wonderful machine. Took me across all parts of the country and gave me a ton of great memories. I sold it and now own a 2014 1190R model and just turned 700 miles after a couple weeks of riding. I test rode the STD 1190 so I can compare notes on that as well.

Engine:
Yamaha- Well built and ran perfectly. I never did re-flash mine but rode a flashed bike and it was a very nice improvement.
Gobs of torque and pulled nicely right off idle. Pretty smooth down the highway and broad, wide torque curve with no "hit" in the RPM range. Mine didn't suffer from any stumbling or vibration issues that I read about.
KTM- When you first hit the starter button the engine just sounds pissed off. Below 3000 RPM the Yamaha is more civilized and less "cammed up", but the KTM never feels labored. Its easy to ride at low RPM and the throttle response is fantastic. After 6000RPM hang on to your nipples. I find the KTM to be almost electric smooth up to about 5500RPM (4000=70MPH). Both the STD I test rode and my bike are the smoothest motors I've ever ridden.

Handling:
Yamaha- For a big heavy bike the S-10 is very light on its feet. Its deceptively good and will rail corners and make you smile on a twisty back road. Steering input is heavier than the KTM as the OP mentioned. The stock suspension isn't bad for a Japanese bike, but can be made excellent with aftermarket help. A little harsh and over damped. Very stable in crosswinds (for a dual sport)
KTM- The STD model I found to be razor sharp handling, almost sport bike-like. I actually thought it was too aggressive for my tastes in an ADV bike. My R model is everything I was hoping. Slightly slower steering than the STD with the 21/18 inch wheels. The WP suspension on the 1190 is FANTASIC. I had to dial mine in after finding it a bit stiff, but its very responsive to adjustments. The longer travel R model wallows a bit more under heavy braking but I can deal with that for having a magic carpet ride. Unlike the OP I find the KTM to feel MUCH lighter during slow speed maneuvering and even just wheeling it around the garage. The WP steering damper makes a gigantic difference too. Crosswinds blow you around more however on the lighter KTM.

Brakes,Clutch,Gearbox:
Yamaha- Agree with the OP on brakes. Hard initial bite then moderately powerful. Transmission is excellent. I never once found a false neutral. Gets slicker as you break it in. Clutch was fine on my bike. No vibration issues either.
KTM- The name Brembo on the brakes actually does mean something. Like the Yamaha they are linked. Radial mounted master cylinder and calipers are amazing. Soft initial bite then get VERY powerful with just one finger. Astounding. The transmission is super slick out of the box, however I have found false neutral between 5/6 gear a couple times. No biggle just gotta hit the shifter a touch harder. The Magura clutch is fantastic. Amazingly light for the amount of power its containing.

Comfort:
Yamaha- I'm 6' even. The Yamaha was like an old shoe. Rode my first iron but on it. It took some tweaking with the sloped seat and bars that were too close, but both were free mods. Good standing body position off road. The stock windscreen was.... Eh. Lots of buffeting. I replaced mine with an MRA and loved that. Never a complaint on heat issues with the side mounted radiator.
KTM- First thing I noticed was the shorter peg to bar height and was worried that was going to be a problem. For me its not. Like the OP I thought the STD windscreen sucked. The R model is great and has little buffeting, but good enough protection. I don't plan to change it. The once piece R seat is extremely comfortable, although you can't move around as much as the Yamaha. No complaints yet. I've read lots of people complain about heat on the 1190. The STD I tested was in Florida and was 85 degrees. I did notice heat on my left leg but it was never enough to be an issue. Certainly not Harley territory

Electronics:
Yamaha- Everything does its job very well on this bike. The ABS is seamless and I used it constantly off-road. Never needed to turn it off. The traction control was helpful at times, but I mainly relied on it for wet tarmac. Off-road its more of a nuisance. Sport mode was my "road mode" and T mode was my "dirt mode". Both suited very well to the application and easy to switch back and forth.
KTM- This bike is way smarter than I am. Unlike the OP I find a use for all the modes provided. Sport and street feel about the same with the throttle, but traction control and ABS are more loosely governed in sport. Rain and off-road modes feel similar (chokes it to 100HP), however in off-road the ABS is front wheel only, and the TC is very lax. Neat stuff. One area that is noticeably better on the KTM is the smoothness of the TC. Even at 80MPH the rear tire can be spinning and you would never know unless you look down at the light telling you its working. The Yamaha really cuts the engine noticeably, especially off-road.

Weight:
Yamaha- Big fat pig
KTM- Big fat pig thats been on a diet.

Conclusion:
Yamaha knocked the Super Tenere out of the park. Had I never test ridden the 1190 I'd still be blissfully piling the miles on mine. Thats the problem though. I test rode one... The KTM is basically the thoroughbred version of the Yammie in every way.
There are two big selling factors for me on the KTM;
Weight-those 75 or so pounds lost are HUGE. After being so used to the Tenere, the 1190 feels like a dirt bike when you go back and forth. It will be much easier to ride and manage off road, even if you aren't going breakneck speed. Also, chassis/wheel design. I really enjoy taking big bikes off-road and the 1190R will take me more places. It that simple. That incredible 1190 engine is just the icing on the cake. As far as reliability, nobody is going to beat Yamaha in that area. Certainly not a European manufacturer. The KTM is a hot rod, plain and simple. I expect to have to maintain it more often, but I enjoy wrenching so thats not an issue for me.
Both bikes are great, and as Graham said, its nice to have so many excellent options to pick from these days!

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Yep that's what I ended up doing.

Writing a cheque that my off road talent could cash. Didn't want fast, I wanted SLOW.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #5
Outback Rambler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Thanks for the posts as the info on the Kato and S10 is very useful. I'm on the edge in regards to pulling the trigger on an S10. I've managed 2 short test rides and after reading a lot of negative reviews I though my main concern would be the engines lack lustre performance.....but not so, it's got plenty of poke for me anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the suspension set-up as there seems to be a few owners stating that the ride is harsh/over damped. I don't want to purchase this bike and spend more on a new shock and fork mods for some time. I've read about how good the KTM suspension is and that's why I'm scared to throw a leg over one!
Outback Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 AM   #6
sander OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Graham. They had a 2014 model on display. No demo though. I would probably go for that one with the ES. Depends what it actually adjusts. I liked it a bit better than the 2013 though.

Scudrunner. I'll test the ktm again, the engine had only done 800km, maybe that's it. I was just really disappointed with the low rpm character. The power higher up is great. The rest are just small niggles. Still on such a bike you would expect them to get everything right. The dealer said the heat through the seat was less with the R. It was fine while moving, just when stationary it became quite hot. Maintenance is not an issue, like you I like to wrench on my bikes. Sudden failure is a problem though but haven't heard any horror stories apart from the airbox.

Bumbuster. I don't think the bike has anything to do with that. They're both incredibly capable bikes. And I don't think there to many people who can ride these things to their limits.

Outback Rambler. When you only look at handling The KTM had better suspension than the Yamaha no doubt. But I found it a bit harsh in all settings lots of shocks transferred to the seat and handlebars. I prefer the Tenere suspension on road. Still hangs in the corners but is a lot more comfortable. Don't know about offroad. The longer travel of the R must be a great advantage. I think it's weird that the Yamaha lack compression adjustment on the shock.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Aprilia
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
I'm fortunate that I'm able to have a 1/2 doz bikes in the garage to choose from and enjoy many types of bikes. My better half has recently found she enjoys pillion while off road. This past year we've taken a number of DS bikes and tried to make them 2up friendly for her but allowing me to take the bike wherever I want to go i.e. keep the bike as light as possible. A highly modified KLR has been the best compromise so far but still doesn't quite cut it for either of us. I thought the Truimph 800XC would be it but sadly it was one of the worse for her comfort.

A couple months ago we began looking at the bigger ADV bikes and quickly narrowed it down to the Tenere. The weight still puts me off as I know it will limit where we can go but thats the case with any ADV as weight is weight. My 800XC was only slightly heavier than the KLR and I could comfortably go much further/rougher terrain with the KLR. With the larger ADV we'll have more comfort, better road going and still enjoying exploring the desert southwest. Picking up 2013 in a couple weeks. Didn't see any reason for the updated 2014 for our needs...
Aprilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
cold comfort
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Does that mean you no longer have an 800XC? Strangely after all the back roads and single track my wife has done on the back she has been very happy with the seat. I am, however, finding the suspension somewhat challenged and am looking at a different rear shock, and inserts for the front. (too much sag two up) The propensity for the stepper motor to cause low rev stalling in dusty conditions is a bit "inconvenient" too. Don't have the coin for an 1190 R sadly
cold comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Aprilia
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold comfort View Post
Does that mean you no longer have an 800XC? Strangely after all the back roads and single track my wife has done on the back she has been very happy with the seat. I am, however, finding the suspension somewhat challenged and am looking at a different rear shock, and inserts for the front. (too much sag two up) The propensity for the stepper motor to cause low rev stalling in dusty conditions is a bit "inconvenient" too. Don't have the coin for an 1190 R sadly
Yes, sold the XC last fall. We only put about 5K miles on it. I did have an on going oil seap with the ign cover. Triumph finally replaced it with a new one and solved the problem. Neither the dealer or myself could find anything wrong with the old one even with the new one side by side.

We borrowed a friends 1200XC and she was much more comfortable but it was way too street oriented compared to any of the large Adv bikes for me. I just wasn't willing to give up that much all at once. My local Triumph dealer was a bit disappointed
Aprilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #10
Coondawg
n00b

Oddometer: 8
cheapish 13 S10 vs. 14 1190 Adv. (non R)

Please forgive the resurrection of this old thread. I believe this is my first post, so greetings from Birmingham AL.

These (which bike should I buy) threads sometimes provide little to no useful information. But they always suck me in like an infomercial. I'm a sucker. This one isn't so much a, "which one should I get", thread as a here's my tale, what d'ya'll think.

Local shop here in B'ham was advertising a 2013 S10 for $7999. Bike was located at one of the dealer's other stores. Long story short - out the door for $9509. Good deal right? Right. I thought it was pretty good as well and that I better not pass it up. SO I put down a $250 deposit via CC over the phone. Next day dealer calls me and advises the bike got sold from the other store before he could call, place a hold and get it transferred. So, money refunded.

Then dealer calls me and says they got another 2013. But this one is gonna cost me $9499, OTD for "under $11". Says that Yamaha allowed them to sell only two Teneres at $7999 and now they're both gone. If I want the remaining 2013 Tenere, it'd cost me $9499, again OTD for $11. "under 11", he says.

OK. I think that's still decent deal.

So then I go look at the STD 14 KTM 1190 Adv as i'd not seen on in person. I was hoping to test ride one as well. I've ridden the S10. I've also ridden the GSA. Yes I realize that from the S10 to the GSA pretty much runs the spectrum from entry to pinnacle. The KTM is a Beautiful machine. The tag hanging on the right grip, and blowing in the light breeze read $16,400. Considerably more than the S10. And i'm sure rightly so.

Admittedly, i'm partially allured to the KTM by its racing heritage, it's exotic air, but also by that big v twin and it's potential sweet bellow with the proper can. I DO NOT dig the plastic covered tank and the sportbike like cowling/fairing. Sure the S10 has ample plastic but has a steel tank. For whatever reason I like that. The factory exhaust can on the KTM would HAVE to go, or any aluminum panniers would stick out on that side like a fishing trawler. Don't dig that.

I look forward to a demo ride of the KTM. That's my story. These are the bikes i'm considering. I'm a little put out about the S10 being sold after I put down a deposit and skeptical of their claim about the special pricing only offered by Yamaha on 2 bikes. I've began looking at pricing on the KTM at various places around my area and trying to justify the $5k difference.

I'm not trying to solicit any opinions or start any debates. These are the bikes i'm considering. The previous replies have done better justice to their comparison than I could ever hope.
Attached Images

After 5 years of captivity in Flat-ghanistan, I have escaped back to 'Merica.
Coondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
randomride
Bike whore

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondawg View Post
Please forgive the resurrection of this old thread. I believe this is my first post, so greetings from Birmingham AL.

These (which bike should I buy) threads sometimes provide little to no useful information. But they always suck me in like an infomercial. I'm a sucker. This one isn't so much a, "which one should I get", thread as a here's my tale, what d'ya'll think.

Local shop here in B'ham was advertising a 2013 S10 for $7999. Bike was located at one of the dealer's other stores. Long story short - out the door for $9509. Good deal right? Right. I thought it was pretty good as well and that I better not pass it up. SO I put down a $250 deposit via CC over the phone. Next day dealer calls me and advises the bike got sold from the other store before he could call, place a hold and get it transferred. So, money refunded.

Then dealer calls me and says they got another 2013. But this one is gonna cost me $9499, OTD for "under $11". Says that Yamaha allowed them to sell only two Teneres at $7999 and now they're both gone. If I want the remaining 2013 Tenere, it'd cost me $9499, again OTD for $11. "under 11", he says.

So then I go look at the STD 14 KTM 1190 Adv as i'd not seen on in person. I was hoping to test ride one as well. I've ridden the S10. I've also ridden the GSA. Yes I realize that from the S10 to the GSA pretty much runs the spectrum from entry to pinnacle. The KTM is a Beautiful machine. The tag hanging on the right grip, and blowing in the light breeze read $16,400. Considerably more than the S10. And i'm sure rightly so.

Admittedly, i'm partially allured to the KTM by its racing heritage, it's exotic air, but also by that big v twin and it's potential sweet bellow with the proper can. I DO NOT dig the plastic covered tank and the sportbike like cowling/fairing. Sure the S10 has ample plastic but has a steel tank. For whatever reason I like that. The factory exhaust can on the KTM would HAVE to go, or any aluminum panniers would stick out on that side like a fishing trawler. Don't dig that.

I look forward to a demo ride of the KTM. That's my story. These are the bikes i'm considering. I'm a little put out about the S10 being sold after I put down a deposit and skeptical of their claim about the special pricing only offered by Yamaha on 2 bikes. I've began looking at pricing on the KTM at various places around my area and trying to justify the $5k difference.

I'm not trying to solicit any opinions or start any debates. These are the bikes i'm considering. The previous replies have done better justice to their comparison than I could ever hope.
Don't hold the Tenere in a bad light because of the dealer, but he is playing a game with you. They are trying the old bait and switch routine.

That being said, the two bikes are very different and you really need to ride both to see which one you like better.

If dependability and dealer network is important, then you need to delve further into both bikes and do a bit of reading.

2013 XTZ1200
1985 XT600
1994 KDX200
randomride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #12
oldoval
Frank Orator

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondawg View Post

I can't help you decide between the two bikes. BUT. In no way would I give that Yamaha dealer a single penny of my business. That is classic, old school bait and switch bullshit right there. Fuck them. Take your business elsewhere.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
sander OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Coondawg. That just sounds like a shit dealer to me. I wouldn't waste my time with them. If it makes you feel any better I paid 18500 AUD for my 2013 ST. They're both great bikes. And I think it's a very personal thing to decide between the 2. Shouldn't be to hard of a choice because they're 2 very different beasts.

So far I've got about 15000km on the ST and it's everything I wanted from it. It's plenty o fast for me. Is remarkably good on gravel roads, even with the stock tires. Although when it hits deeper gravel or sand it becomes a bit of a handful. That's all still on the stock battlewings though. Dropping the tire pressure to 25 psi makes a lot of difference.

The suspension for me has to much high speed compression damping up the front. At the rear I don't know what's going on yet. Seems easy to loose traction on braking bumps. But haven't figured out if that's a compression or rebound issue yet.

Brakes are great. For the wait and suspension travel I can't believe how quick the thing pulls up on the road. On the gravel I don't think I could brake any quicker without abs. The rear tire seems to really dig in. Not sure what it will do down hill yet. The linked brakes take a bit to get used to.I don't know if I'm a fan.

Engine In the beginning I had some issues with taking off from a stop. But I think I got used to it. Plenty of power for me. I suppose it's boring power you don't really notice it until you look at the speedo. The only thing I'd like to change is the clutch basket. I think that would smoothen things out a bit. Dealer uses the old you're lugging the engine bullshit.

Overall really happy with my choice. The bike does everything I wanted from it.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #14
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,291
I recently bought a 14 Tenere ES and I also was looking hard at the KTM. I rode both, back to back, several times.

In the end, these two bikes are quite a bit different and occupy fairly different needs of the Adv niche. The KTM is a "fun" bike that can do a lot of miles. Can even do said miles two up but it's more happy 1 up playing in the mountains in the twisties and on roughish off tarmac. It costs slightly more to buy and by all accounts,,,, will cost more to own both in dollars and time.If those don't factor in too much for you,,,, get the KTM as it was the most fun of all three bikes I considered {I also considered the new water boxer}.

If you do a lot of two up touring {important to me} and touring comfort is paramount along with the ability to do some off tarmac stuff while being the most likely to have the lowest entry cost, cost of ownership and the least time consumptive due to reliability and low maintenance needs,,,, get the Tenere. I did.

If you want a bike that effectively splits the difference and admittedly might well be the "best" imo,,, get the 1200 GS. I know it's not included in the original post but damn,,,, it's pretty impressive. Just high on intitial buy in and I'm betting it'll cost a hell of a lot more than a Tenere over a ten year period if my FJR is any indication {zip, zilch,,,, notta problema in 90K miles baby!}.

I think we are getting ready to see some great 1 up "fun" type adv bikes coming up the pike. All manner of rumors on the new Honda Africa Twin "True Adventure" prototype, rumors of a lower weight adv triple or twin from Yamaha and Triumph already has opened with a pretty good salvo with the updated Tigers. I "think" the Tenere will be my 2 up tourer for a long time to come and that maybe I'll be looking at a 1 up "fun" bike here in a couple of years.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:50 AM   #15
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,291
Whoops, didn't look at the thread well before posting.

Coondawg,,, was that dealer Hall's by chance?

If so, they pissed me off too. Don't let one bad apple dealer stink up your opinion of the Tenere because once you do get it,,,,, it'll never see another dealership in all likely hood as long as you can change your own oil and filters.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote