Old 05-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #2101
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Respect, huh?

M

Is it wrong that I would thoroughly enjoy a group of people trying to hold me against my will after THEY broke the law ?
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #2102
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
Is it wrong that I would thoroughly enjoy a group of people trying to hold me against my will after THEY broke the law ?
They must be one of those gangs you always hear about.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #2103
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
They must be one of those gangs you always hear about.

I could tell by their colors.
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #2104
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,443
2.5hrs on the bike today and I didn't have to shake my head once.

...unlike both Sat and Sun when it seemed all the idiots were out.

M
Old 05-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #2105
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,096
Quote:
2.5hrs on the bike today and I didn't have to shake my head once.

...unlike both Sat and Sun when it seemed all the idiots were out.

M

And what did you learn?

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #2106
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
And what did you learn?
Nothing that I haven't known for the last 20 years. Ride assertively, help drivers behind you know when its safe (or not), and enjoy the sunshine.

I'll agree with this

I DID have one person in a small, red, pickup try and go around me in an unsafe-ish spot. ...but there was a car coming and they slowed down and slid behind me. I was going 25+ at the time so I wasn't exactly toodling. They stayed behind me all the way to the stop sign 1/2mi later, then again to the next stop sign another 1/2mi after that.

M
Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #2107
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,096
Quote:
Nothing that I haven't known for the last 20 years. Ride assertively, help drivers behind you know when its safe (or not), and enjoy the sunshine.

I'll agree with this

I DID have one person in a small, red, pickup try and go around me in an unsafe-ish spot. ...but there was a car coming and they slowed down and slid behind me. I was going 25+ at the time so I wasn't exactly toodling. They stayed behind me all the way to the stop sign 1/2mi later, then again to the next stop sign another 1/2mi after that.

M

...sigh...no, dingus....don't ride on the weekends when the idiots are out!

Why you gotta make this so complicated?

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #2108
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 65,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joef View Post
For as much as the driver of the van was an ass the cyclist displayed his I'm going to control the traffic behavior, 2 wrongs don't make it right. Talk about the Hasidic mafia, were did they all come from so quickly
He was staying 3 feet from the parked cars, which is his safest position in a situation like that. The minivan driver could have readily passed him and did several times in order to fuck with him.

Last I checked, we have cops to enforce the traffic laws, not vigilante nitwits like that guy.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #2109
kbasa
Colnago!

Quote:

I'll agree with this

M
On the descent down Mt. Hamilton on Saturday, some jackass on a CBR decided to buzz by my left elbow, missing me by about 4 inches. I was rolling about 30mph down a fairly technical descent. Thanks.

And, as a conscientious cyclist, I totally agree with the article in The Atlantic. Poor cycling etiquette leads to idiotic comments like some in this thread.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #2110
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
On the descent down Mt. Hamilton on Saturday, some jackass on a CBR decided to buzz by my left elbow, missing me by about 4 inches. I was rolling about 30mph down a fairly technical descent. Thanks.
You OBVIOUSLY deserved it! You're not going the speed limit! You, you, you BICYCLIST you! WTF are you doing on the road anyways?! You should be on a bike path. Don't you know I PAY for this road with my registration?!

:facepalm

M
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #2111
kbasa
Colnago!

Quote:
You OBVIOUSLY deserved it! You're not going the speed limit! You, you, you BICYCLIST you! WTF are you doing on the road anyways?! You should be on a bike path. Don't you know I PAY for this road with my registration?!

:facepalm

M
I know, right? The longest straight section on the descent can't be more than a hundred yards long and there wasn't anyone up there but us cyclists and a few motorcycles.

But he had to whip past my elbow. I saw him further down the road and he was clipping the inside of the hairpins and crossing the centerline. On the same descent, I was approaching a hairpin and some nitwit decided he need the whole road, including my side, to get around the corner on his R6. He dove straight to the apex, way early, then, with his completely blown line, had to come straight out of the corner and basically hook a 90 degree right on the left side of the road. Meanwhile, I'm dropping down the hill at 25 or 30 and here's this guy in my lane, coming at me. I started having flashbacks to the moto hits cyclist video on YouTube. He gave me a meek wave and I resisted flipping him off.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #2112
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
I know, right? The longest straight section on the descent can't be more than a hundred yards long and there wasn't anyone up there but us cyclists and a few motorcycles.

But he had to whip past my elbow. I saw him further down the road and he was clipping the inside of the hairpins and crossing the centerline. On the same descent, I was approaching a hairpin and some nitwit decided he need the whole road, including my side, to get around the corner on his R6. He dove straight to the apex, way early, then, with his completely blown line, had to come straight out of the corner and basically hook a 90 degree right on the left side of the road. Meanwhile, I'm dropping down the hill at 25 or 30 and here's this guy in my lane, coming at me. I started having flashbacks to the moto hits cyclist video on YouTube. He gave me a meek wave and I resisted flipping him off.
Those are the kinds of things that make me shake my head. Think back to when you did something stupid and your mom did that...

As much as its tempting, shaking your head is far less inflammatory than flipping the bird.

Case in point: Sun I was out on a 2 lane road that parallels the freeway. Speed limit's 45mph but people regularly go faster than that. I needed to go a few miles on the road to get from one back road to another back road. So there's a car coming at me. Small SUV passes and gets back in the lane right before the car gets there. Jetta dood passes me AS the car's coming at us. I'm 18-24" away from the white line 'cause by golly there's a car coming! So Jetta dood squeezes me and passes as the car coming at us is joining us at that point in space-time.

I give the WTF shrug and he sticks his hand out the sunroof and points towards the side of the road.

Uhhh yeah. Its MY fault you HAD to pass RIGHT NOW?! Less than 30sec and there would've been no need for any excitement on anyone's part. Its shit like that that gets me going. Think! you ignorant mother%$er!

M
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #2113
kbasa
Colnago!

I've used the scolding finger a few times.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #2114
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Just sayin

M
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #2115
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless