Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #3016
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
Geolander, you are the type of person who should not be on the road.

Everyone has a right to use the roads, but not everyone should be allowed the privilage to operate a motor vehicle. That includes you.

You have some type of mental problem when you belive it is OK for you to break the law but other people should obey you.

When I am riding my motorcycle, I have to keep to the left tire track to prevent people from passing me in the lane, it does happen. Just the other day a driver passed me in a parking garage an cut the driver off in front of me. When I am driving my car or truck, other drivers will tailgate me if I am not going as fast as they would like as if to intimidate or they will pass just to turn after passing. When I am riding a bicycle, things are even worse.

Your aggression toward cyclists as if they were less than human shows your demeanor and in a court of law, judged by your peers, you will have to accept your fate and grow or wallow in your denial.

This is not even a personal verbal exchange, you have time to think of the words you'll use, still, you choose to reply with obscenities as though it will help reinforce your rigor and others will submit.

Are you really that obtuse that it blinds you from the reality that as a motorcycle rider, you too are a target by automobile drivers who believe you should should not be on their roads. If you do perceive that, I would guess you are aggressive toward cyclists to prevent you from feeling powerless. You should not presume cyclists are lesser than you or that their actions are solely to anger you.
You sir, are taking me far to seriously for your own good. Before you have an aneurysm, just understand that I'm here stirring up the shit a bit, it's funny.

That's the nature of my humor. Enjoy.
Geolander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #3017
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
Nope, it's definitely you ass holes needing to get your workout on a road designed for people to get to and from places in 5,000 pound cars on.

Get on a fucking bike path. Something designed for bicycles.

Deer Creek Canyon is an extremely dangerous place to ride a motorcycle, or a bicycle, or drive a car. Between the deer, cyclists, blind corners, and abundant shitty drivers it's an accident waiting to happen.

Oh? Because of course I'll manage to slay a biker on my 450X.

What will more than likely happen is this; two self important family life hating douche bags riding next to each other (instead of single file) talking about the interns they'd like to fuck at work. While some other self important douche bag in a cage goes around them at an inappropriate time. Swerving into me in my lane, knocking me far off my bike into a ditch, totaling my motorcycle and putting me in an Intensive Care Unit for a week with massive internal bleeding and broken bones. You douche bags will act like nothing happened and keep riding along, of course. Don't want to let your heart rate drop during your hardcore self importance marathon. It will be their fault, the driver of the car will bail, the cyclists will bail, and the only mother fucker (me) in the equation that did nothing wrong will have no help for medical bills, his motorcycle, shit, not even a call to the ambulance cause there's no reception in the canyon either. All because Joe Cyclist and his fairy queen wanted to go get their endorphin fix for the day.

I believe there is a 1-9 MPH "grace period" if you will over the posted limit. I pass speed traps in that canyon all the time @ 41-42 MPH and the posted limit is 35. They don't seem to mind. I'll write that into the report as well.

Don't play the "lawyer up" game with me bro. I married one.
holy stereotyping 0

but as we know there most often lies some truth in stereotypes. I am enjoying the crap out of riding a motorcycle. but I have been a cyclist for most of my life and it shall always be an aspect of who I am.

adventure touring? try adventure cycling. http://www.adventurecycling.org/

one of my first "good" bikes was a randonneur bike. (not full blown touring bike, but sort of a mix between one and a cyclocross/road racing bike) with it I visited numerous countries and continents...

looking back I wish I had gotten into motorcycling at an earlier age, but at the same time I also would've preferred to push harder in the arena of competition cycling. can't go back and can only go forward... and as such I will be returning to my roots and love of cycling, but will not turn my back on my new found enjoyment in motorcycling either.

point being? you've alluded to the point a few times. it's a lifestyle. a relatively healthy lifestyle at that. one which you find many participants annoying. so be it. I typically dislike thieves, scammers, bums and militant poitical extremists. (both extremes, left and right) but I have learned to find some amusement as it is indeed a more healthy thing to do. and better for all involved.

Quote:
You sir, are taking me far to seriously for your own good. Before you have an aneurysm, just understand that I'm here stirring up the shit a bit, it's funny.

I sort of get your humor, but if you write it, speak it, think it... it can become cyclic and a liability toward your health and others. mental, physical and emotional.

sure there is some benefit in providing some strength by stress testing... but there is also limit at which point it becomes unhealthy. I wish you luck in finding what works for you in a positive manner and only hope you prefer the same for the rest of us.
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #3018
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR View Post
Just yesterday I was heading to work. Just by chance I pulled out from a stop sign just in front of the local police. About 3 more blocks down the road a dickhead on a bike runs the stop sign right in front of me! (right hand turn) When I say he ran it, I don't mean he rolled through, I mean he didn't even look up or slow down. Dressed like he thought he was Lance Armstrong. What a fag. Anyways the cop hit his lights, I pulled over and he went by me. He followed the bike for at least a 1/4 mile. The biker never knew he was behind him till he pulsed the siren. I rolled by slow on my DR and gave the cop the thumbs up.
It's not the couple taking a evening ride that bothers me, its the dickheads that think they are in a race (or are actually training for one) and have no regard for the other people on the road.

except for your obvious excessive hatred at things like clothing style etc (exhibiting a rather narrow mindset of acceptance toward others not of your perceived type) I relate to your being annoyed at the rider. not at his clothing of choice (typically couldn't care less the individuals clothing style preference. and obviously don't need to use it to reveal my dislike of all it may represent) but at his riding through the stop sign in such a manner. I have experience with this in the area of "policing ones group". not something I find enjoyable but something I do regardless, for the good of all. sort of like one motorcyclist telling another that he doesn't know that he/she shouldn't pass on a blind turn, across double yellow, or have perceived rude actions toward other vehicle drivers. it sux. but when the situation warrants.... I can see now the reaction I would receive when I pull up to the guy and tell him that it is rude and detrimental to the sport for him to act in such a manner. but regardless the initial reaction... it might help future incidents. in this case, unnecessary as the cop addressed it officially. at least you didn't feel it necessary to drive up and run the guy off the road while yelling "asshole".
Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #3019
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
There's always the next time.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #3020
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
...one of my first "good" bikes was a randonneur bike. (not full blown touring bike, but sort of a mix between one and a cyclocross/road racing bike) with it I visited numerous countries and continents...
How long have you been Randonneuring? I've done a half dozen 1200k's myself in several countries, mostly between 95 and 2007 when I started racing in RAAM. The randonneuring community is pretty small.
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #3021
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey View Post
How long have you been Randonneuring? I've done a half dozen 1200k's myself in several countries, mostly between 95 and 2007 when I started racing in RAAM. The randonneuring community is pretty small.

early 80's. it's been many years since... have recently acquired a frame and parts to build a new bike. then I got sidetracked by this whole motorcycle thing.... think I've gained like 10-15lbs in the last 6 months. really have to get my shit and bike put together and stop this trend. my area (san diego) has a club with a variety of brevet's, I hope to rekindle my fire and proceed from there. you have raced in the RAAM? you're my hero in that regards, I don't see such distances being in my future I am afraid. until perhaps after I retire (doubtful even then) in the meanwhile... couple/few hundred kilometers would be totally awesome.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #3022
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 709
Unable to see the other persons point-of-view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I don't get a lot of stuff. Tops among that kind of stuff is why people drive to the gym to work out on treadmills when there's perfectly good places to run outside their doors. Why spend the extra time and $$ to go somewhere else to run?
M
My sister lives in an area where there's glass, dog turds, and "bums" hanging out that get up, intersect her path, and try to "chat her up" when she goes by. Then there's the fumes and carbon chunks (diesel smoke) that one would breathe when running in the city.

For running and shower privileges, what's a gym going to cost? Maybe as low as $30 a month (with a years pre-pay), maybe $50 a month? That's 2$ an hour if one runs only one hour every day. I can't imagine not spending $2 an hour and thus being able to run indoors (no pollution, no bums, no dog turds, no glass) and have a shower close by at any moment I wanted to stop (and be able to stop exactly when I wanted to!), assuming i actually wanted to run.

Is $2 an hour too much for you for something you like to do? And you say you "don't get a lot of stuff". I think you're having problems visualizing what it's like to be in someone else's shoes, don't know what I can suggest for that.

s
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #3023
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 723
Quote:

You give yourself far too much credit.

I now see that you are the kid who attempts to get people to play an obscure game only to change the rules when things aren't going as you would like.

I don't play games. You can play alone.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #3024
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 723
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...sts-death.html
Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #3025
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
early 80's. it's been many years since... have recently acquired a frame and parts to build a new bike. then I got sidetracked by this whole motorcycle thing.... think I've gained like 10-15lbs in the last 6 months. really have to get my shit and bike put together and stop this trend. my area (san diego) has a club with a variety of brevet's, I hope to rekindle my fire and proceed from there. you have raced in the RAAM? you're my hero in that regards, I don't see such distances being in my future I am afraid. until perhaps after I retire (doubtful even then) in the meanwhile... couple/few hundred kilometers would be totally awesome.
Since 06 I've raced RAAM four times. It's kind of funny how things like that can get in your blood. I remember when I first started doing brevets hearing about a group in San Diego that was riding in the 80's. It seemed to be the hot spot back then. When I started the big groups were out of Davis. It interested me because I grew up in Kearny Mesa. There is a lot of ultra distance history in San Diego. A lot of very good long distance riders are in their 60's+ so you have a lot to look forward to when you retire. I am anyway!
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #3026
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,848
Quote:

Except it isn't funny.

You wanna stir up shit? Do it in Jo Momma. That's what its there for.

M
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #3027
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Kind of a 'psycho-babble' article about why drivers hate cyclists

M
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #3028
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Now THIS is funny:

You wanna poke fun at us cyclists, humor works better than hostility

M
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #3029
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,030
Quote:

Admitting that you are trolling just got you a vacation. I have already warned you.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #3030
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
Admitting that you are trolling just got you a vacation. I have already warned you.
I was going to remind him what happened to the last guy who was trolling here but thought he might like surprises better.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote