User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,641
And onto Sunday

Sunday! what a difference from Saturday...

I needed to go out and run some errands, See my old mum, talk to the Vincent guy from yesterday, just normal Sunday stuff. So I thought I would drag the Harley Shovel out of the lockup, and give it a blast, out on some country roads.
I should have known right from the off that all was not well, it was unusually hard to start, but after a while I got it going and headed out, first call was to see the Vincent guy, and drink some tea while finalising a few details on my mate buying the Comet.

On leaving the bike was again hard to start, but eventually fired up, so I again hit the road over to my mum's place. Yet again when leaving it didn't want to start right away, but after a while it caught, and I headed for home, only the bike had other ideas. A few miles down the road, just as I slowed for a set of twisties (the Harley doesn't
do twisties. too low on the right and so bottoms out on the drag pipes!) as I rolled off the throttle I lost all power, and had to drift through the bends until I was able to pull over in a safe spot. I again managed to start the bike, but it was running rough, and again lost power a mile or so further on. I let it cool for a few minutes before getting it to run again, and managed to ease it back to my lockup. Where I pushed it inside, and shut the door.

Next on my list of Sunday playing, was to remove the old wiring from the TriBsa, and then fit the new carbs, but the new carbs interfere with the fitted rocker inspection caps. So I need to get a couple of Amal carb spacers when I visit Stafford show next Saturday.

England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,641
Sunday wasn't all a dead loss though, while I was at the lockup, a guy comes over and says, he has something I might be interested in. So I follow him over to his lockup, just a few away from mine, and he opens the door, and I can just make out two bikes under piles of old household junk, so I remove some old carpet and boxes, and I find a pair of Triumphs, a 750 Tiger, and a T150 or T160. Not rusty wrecks, but unmoved for over ten years.
There may be more on this little episode later, if we can agree on a price.
England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
davebeef
Buffoon

Oddometer: 260
You jammy bar steward!!
D.