User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Wistrick OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Keiga usa20 or wolfman dry duffle small

look for a passenger seat bag for over night trips...bag will be mounted across the seat in front of my tail box...Narrowed it done to these to options...

thoughts

Dan
Wistrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
Kreiga US 20

I'm very impressed with the US20. 2 years in, the 20, (or a US10), lives permanently on the back of my bike. They are rugged, totally waterproof, & Kreiga provides a bunch of attachment options that make it flexible in terms of mounting on just about any bike. Once on, it's completely secure, no movement or hint of loosening. One clever bit is that the insides are bright white. Even at night, it's easy to find the item you're looking for. The prices are a bit steep, but oddly I've come to see them as worth every penny.
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,125
Yep, US20 works like a charm.

Check the vendors thread for Kriega.....Michael is really good to deal with.

Cheers
Old 06-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
I don't have Wolfman duffel bag but I do have Kriega US-30 combo, so I would recommend Kriega.

It's a great product. Mine is almost 2 years old now, it's the one that I use on my Monster, fits the bike really good. It came with a shoulder strap so when I arrived at the office it turns into a shoulder bag.

But I don't use it on my TE630. I prefer tank bag or saddlebag ... both wolfman's... on my TE 630. Tail bag on the TE makes getting on the bike difficult
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 530
I have the "small" Wolfman dry duffel and it is equivalent to the Kriega 30 in size. You can fit a ton of crap in the small duffel. I have the Kriega 20 and 10 also.The 10 is my tank bag and the 20 is my tailbag for day trips - tools,spares, tubes and first aid.

I think Wolfman under estimates the size. I think the Kriega 20 would be a touch small unless you are a minimalist.

The new Firstgear 25 (which I also have) is perfect for your needs and cheaper as well.

All are top notch bags with the Firstgear the lesser of the three but still above averge.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other

Afry screwed with this post 06-16-2014 at 09:10 AM
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
SQ Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
You are comparing two different bag sizes, so based on that, I would get whichever one fits all the gear you plan to put in it. If you meant to say Kreiga 30, then it comes down to form factor preference -- whichever best fits in the location you plan to mount it.

I personally like the Wolfman bag because it's simpler and easier to use for other (water related) activities. It's also available in hi viz, which is a pro for me personally.

I also like leaning back on the Wolfman bag filled with soft stuff. You can do that with the Kriega 30 too but it just isn't as "squishy."
SQ Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 530
The Kriega's are a lower square profile and the Wolfman and Firstgear are round duffels.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote