User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
AbqDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Found a roadcrafter that fits

Well I'll be doggoned, I found a Roadcrafter that fits my oddly shaped body. Being short and built for success (to the extent that "success" can be defined as eating the maximum number of hamburgers and IPA's over the course of a lifetime) I was skeptical this would ever happen.

Thoughts:
1. I was surprised how well a regular suit fit. I wear a 48 sport coat so I figured a 48S stich would be as good as it gets; however, that would have never worked. I'm glad I took a chance on a 50r. Beer bellies tend to suck up some of that neck-to-crotch length. I can raise my hands above my head but not the elbows above the shoulder, which I think is right on it. I definitely needed to go up a size to fit the back protector and my cold weather layers.
2. Those knee pads are ridiculous. Make it hard to get suit on and off, and hard to get everything adjusted on the bike. Couldn't get the pads to sit just right, they just barely covered the knee. Which is a pisser, because the legs are already shortened as much as they can be above the knee. So they are out, I'm wearing my Bohns and everything is in its place. The ballistic panels lay right where they are supposed to without the pads in there. I tell ya, strap-on armor is a blessing for the short-inseamed among us. And now I have two more pockets!
3. The sleeves aren't gorilla long, in fact I'm not sure I would shorten them any, I'm on a VFR so I need a bit of extra length anyways.
4. Lots of pockets. I could carry a weeks worth of Atkins bars in there. Two weeks, maybe. My entire cat could fit in the breast pocket. Wonder if he wants to go for a ride? I don't own enough stuff to put into all those pockets. I'm putting Captain Kangaroo to shame here.

With this size suit, I would say a 29" inseam is about as short as you can go. But hey, there's hope.
AbqDave is offline   Reply With Quote