User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
Ontario GS OP
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 378
Mazinaw Adventure Weekend - Aug. 9th & 10th, 2014

NORTHUMBERLAND TRAIL RIDERS present MAZINAW ADVENTURE WEEKEND Saturday & Sunday August 9th & 10th, 2014

Come join in for a weekend of riding designed for the Big Bike Adventure Style Rider, You will have the opportunity to join a guided group or you be able to follow a GPS guided route to and from the campground. The route will consist of some pavement, gravel roads and unmaintained roads through the countryside of East Central Ontario

Bring your camping gear and stay the night or make it one long day and come out and back on your own or in a group!

The route will cover parts of the best motorcycle roads in Ontario; The Deloro Rd., Peterson Rd, Elephant Lake Rd, Burleigh Rd, County Rd 507 and of course some awesome unmaintained back roads in East Central Ontario

Start Location: Tim Horton's in Port Perry, 1889 Scugog St. (I have started the plot of this route in Port Perry as, that is where I will lead a group of riders from. If anyone is interested to tag along please email me. It is a GPS plotted route so you can pick any starting point you want and connect into the plotted route(s).

GPS Route 1: 1st option to the ATV Camp approx. 210 km

GPS Route 2: 2nd option route to the ATV Camp approx. 240 km

GPS Route 3: Return trip from ATV Camp to Port Perry approx. 340 km

GPS Route 4: Optional Saturday ride to Bon Echo Park approx. 140 km

Cost: $20.00 per bike in support of the Northumberland Trail Riders. This will provide you with the GPS route, payment in advance by PayPal. Shawn Hall has setup a PayPal account for payment directly to the Club. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=NE42H5JF4TU36 Once payment has been made, please email John Harvey at [jdharvey54@outlook.com] for a copy of the waiver. A waiver must be signed & received prior to forwarding the GPS file. We will forward the waiver upon request.

Destination: Frank & Freda’s ATV Camp and Ride 1-613-474-2352, RR#1, Gilmour ON

Saturday Evening: Pig Roast starting at 5:30 pm and a Live Band starting at 7:00 pm ($25.00 per person)

Sunday Breakfast: is available at the 4 Loons Marina.

Accommodations: Frank & Freda’s ATV Camp & Ride, Rough camping (no hook-ups), washrooms and showers available. Cost of $20 (per un-serviced site)

Alternative Additional Accommodations:

Pioneer Point Cottages: 1-613-477-2000 weblink: http://www.pioneerpointcottages.com/Home.html

Four Loons Marina Cottages: 1-888-245-6667.

Limerick Lake Lodge: 1-613-474-2144. 25 minutes from the start. weblink: http://limericklodge.com/

Ride Level: Unmaintained double track or cottage road with loose surface, pot holes, etc.

Ride Info Contacts:
John Harvey – NTR (jdharvey54@outlook.com) 1-705-930-3852
Shawn Hall – NTR (shawn_hall_6@hotmail.com) 1-705-755-0659

Frank & Freda’s ATV Camp & Ride flyer:

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.

Ontario GS screwed with this post 07-27-2014 at 04:23 PM
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
keener
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 899
Thx John! I will most likely be there.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Critt
Gathering info

Oddometer: 102
Sweet. Planning for this one for sure!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Ontario GS OP
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 378
Mazinaw Adventure Weekend

Kevin and I rode the balance of the route last Friday so, I'm just putting the finishing touches on the route.

To clarify, the Weslemkoon Lakefest flyer suggests tickets have to be purchased in advance. The Northumberland Trail Riders will be letting Frank know the numbers in attendance just prior to the date. We are all ready getting a good response to the weekend.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote