Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #211
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
I went to Fort Mac last Sat and bought a complete 2012 KX450f front end to graft onto my 2003 KLR. This will give me 48mm inverted tubes with fully adjustable dampening and 12 inches of travel. I also recieved a big box of farkels from AVisciousCycle. IMS fuel tank, Ricochet skidplate, Pivot pegs, IMS shifter, ProTaper bars, KLX needle kit, Barkbusters, SW Motec rear luggage racks, rim locks, Steble air horn.
If the weather warms up enought this weekend I may be able to take it for a drive!
Only 3 months of winter left!!
Regards....just jeff
Sounds like a great upgrade. Those forks have a reasonable spring for an MX bike. I imagine you'll be putting at least 100lbs more on them though. Nose dive will be pretty severe. I suggest some really heavy springs for them ans some heavy fork oil.
Take pics!

What size of tank? The massive one 8.5G? I read somewhere that the once full of fuel, it's only slightly heavier - due to lighter material. (Plastic, not steel)
I'm down near Red Deer. It was warm enough to take the trike out.
I'm heading back to MacMurray this afternoon.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #212
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
Sounds like a great upgrade. Those forks have a reasonable spring for an MX bike. I imagine you'll be putting at least 100lbs more on them though. Nose dive will be pretty severe. I suggest some really heavy springs for them ans some heavy fork oil.
Take pics!

What size of tank? The massive one 8.5G? I read somewhere that the once full of fuel, it's only slightly heavier - due to lighter material. (Plastic, not steel)
I'm down near Red Deer. It was warm enough to take the trike out.
I'm heading back to MacMurray this afternoon.
Hi dirtydeeds!
I went with the 6 G tank to keep the weight and size down. I won't need the bigger capacity on this bike. As to the spring rate, its an experiment. The PO felt the spring rate may be too heavy being they were sprung for the harsher use of a motocross track. I'm thinking this will be balanced by the heavier weight of the KLR. The springs may turn out fine as is and both compression and rebound dampening are adjustable. I have a couple of other projects to clear up then I can get started!!
Regards....justjeff
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #213
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Ice Racing Cancelled

Hi Guys!
I am the bearer of bad news regarding the Lac La Biche festival of speed. Apparently it has been canceled due to the lack of hotel/motel accomodations. The event organizers published the cancelation in last week's LLB POST. Bannister is installing an Access pipline and the 500 workers brought in have made it impossible for the 100+ race competitors to be assured of having accomodations when they roll in for the weekend of racing.
Regards....justjeff
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #214
outbacktaz OP
outbacktaz

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Hi Guys!
I am the bearer of bad news regarding the Lac La Biche festival of speed. Apparently it has been canceled due to the lack of hotel/motel accomodations. The event organizers published the cancelation in last week's LLB POST. Bannister is installing an Access pipline and the 500 workers brought in have made it impossible for the 100+ race competitors to be assured of having accomodations when they roll in for the weekend of racing.
Regards....justjeff
Now THAT sucks!! When we say that money talks...!! Ah well...
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #215
grumpybear
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Too bad

Quote:
Hi Guys!
Regards....justjeff
Sad news to hear the event was cancelled. Must be hard for the event organizers to cancel this years event especially after last years event was cancelled due to ice conditions. I know ShortStuff and I really enjoyed the event, the sidecar races were our favorite.

grump
grumpybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #216
outbacktaz OP
outbacktaz

This thread needs a bump up to the top since we all can see that the white stuff is going away, and we can all see the good time riding ahead of us!!

GrumpyBear and a few other fellows and myself are planning a refresher training day when the season will start. We just need to get together and work out the details!!

PM us if you're interested in participating!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #217
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Hi Guys!
Been working on the bike for the last month or so. Hope to have it ready for the end of the month. I keep an eye on here but spend a lot of time on KLR Forum. There are some guys on there near you guys. One in Wainright, one Northeast of LLoyd and one south of LLoyd.
Regards....just jeff
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #218
grumpybear
Gnarly Adventurer

The End is Near!

Yup, you can see the snow is going away but this is the time of the winter I really have trouble with. You know the white stuff is going away but I wish it was a lot quicker!! Lots of places to go and see. This year has been pretty good for short rides around the farm. Learning to control slides and skids on the icy roads has been good.

Getting together and doing some planning for the refresher course sounds like a good idea. Have to go pickup Shortstuff's sidecar rig in the immediate future but should be available other than that.

I missed riding the sidecar rig around town in January. It is a blast to slide and drift on the streets around town, the reactions from people is priceless!!. I had to stop driving it in December a couple years ago, I was causing a lot of "distracted driving" problems.

grump
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #219
Gold5th
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
It's your fault :P right after you posted it started to snow.. and now we have like 10cm forcasted :P
Gold5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #220
grumpybear
Gnarly Adventurer

Fresh Snow!

Boy, 10 cm of new fresh snow would be hoot with the KLR and the K60"s
Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #221
wos
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
had the Strom out yesterday for a bit, and my croozer the day before.
The Dr200 is running but not well. looks like a carb teardown is in the near future, now if I can just find the right pilot jet for it I'll be set.
Hopefully the weather will do what the weathernetwork says it will. might by double digits next week.
happy easter everyone.
wos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #222
grumpybear
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm getting tired of driving up and down the driveway, looking forward to to putting on some miles and a change of scenery.

I've quit looking at the weather forecast, at least for a while. I get depressed looking at the internet weather forecasts, then at the calendar and then looking outside.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #223
outbacktaz OP
outbacktaz

Yeah, the temperature was supposed to be in the teens this week, all week...!! Now it's pushed back for another week!! Hopefully, those weather forecasters will stop lying to us soon!! LoL

I just cleaned my Rev'it kit this week, so I'll wait to be able to drive around puddles before taking my Albinos Pumpkin out...
Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #224
grumpybear
Gnarly Adventurer

Ready to go exploring

Brought home yesterday. Shortstuff is ready to go exploring the back roads of the area. Going to be hard to keep up with her!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #225
outbacktaz OP
outbacktaz

I knew you couldn't resist the Pumpkin Attraction!! LoL

Congrats, it's a very nice set-up!!

Took my first ride of the season TODAY!! WOOT WOOT!! Now, I can't wait to go see that new ride of yours...!!