Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
istbenz
Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer: 305
In the Midland/Odessa area. The adventure ninja likes roads, gravel, dirt, and whatever else is interesting. Rides to eat are always good too!

Starting a new job in January so I probably won't be up for any big trips until I get good and settled in. Looking forward to meeting some ADV'ers out here

BA
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
dino246
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Moving to Midland and looking to ride

Hello fellow inmates. There is a good chance ill be moving to midland and would like to ride with some locals to get to know the area. I ride a tiger 955i, I have taken her offroad and don't mind the mud. Hope to be there soon.
dino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
G-RDR OP
gedubya

Oddometer: 44
Question Midland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino246 View Post
Hello fellow inmates. There is a good chance ill be moving to midland and would like to ride with some locals to get to know the area. I ride a tiger 955i, I have taken her offroad and don't mind the mud. Hope to be there soon.
Let me know when your settled. Maybe we could meet somewhere up your way for lunch and talk, and eat. If anyone else wants to attend, great!

There are a few of us planning to attend the following ride March 1-4 if you are available:

http://texasadventure.net/2012around...gistration.pdf

Where are you moving from?
G-RDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
dino246
Adventurer

Moving from northern Utah.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,665
San Angelo here!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
OdessaSlim
Wannabe Engineer

Oddometer: 17
Big OD

Livin' it up in the bustling metropolis of Odessa, America!!!
Riding a red XR600R with a big black Pelican on a southern-engineered rear end. I'm thinking about doing a run south to Presidio/BB region when it warms up a bit. Maybe in Feb? Maybe stay at the springs? I did that back in April and it was pretty pleasant. Y'all hit me up!
OdessaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
camnowell
Still a n00b

Oddometer: 39
Moving to El Paso this summer

I'll be relocating to El Paso/Fort Bliss this summer. Recently picked up a 2008 GS Adventure and would like to add my name to the hat for fellow advriders in the area. I've also got a 2009 KLR for the moment, but it should be going up for sale pretty soon. I've had my fill of L.A. - Lower Alabama and looking forward to exploring the West Texas/Big Bend area over the next couple of years.
camnowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Palo Duro Canyon State Park?

Hey to all you Texas panhandle folks!... have any of you been to Palo Duro Canyon State Park... I've been looking at it on google maps and kinda looks cool...

Always looking for something a little closer to home to head to... (Oklahoma City)

If you been there, i would love to hear your thoughts

Peter in OKC. OK
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #24
TheRoss
MOA,IBA,IBR15

Oddometer: 337
GSA rider in Lubbock. I used to do more off road when I had an F650GS Dakar. Now that I'm on the big travel bike I am limiting what I tackle off road, but I'm still up for dirt and gravel forest roads. I do a lot of motorcycle camping.

Shoot me a PM if ever coming through Lubbock. I am happy to provide tent space and a secure garage for any rider needing to stop here for the night. I have just about any tool you might need as well. If you appear normal and don't smell too bad I might even offer you the guest bedroom inside the house!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
OkieTom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Big Bend

I have been trying to get away for a couple of months now but work keeps getting in the way. Come hell or high water I am heading down to Big Bend for a few days of R & R on the 4th of Feb. If anyone is going to be down there that week drop by the Chisos Basin Campground and look me up. If anyone is interested in riding down drop me a PM. Thinking about stopping in and renting a WR from LtDan at Terlingua to do some back country exploring. I am in desperate need of a good ride and some much needed down time.
Tom
OkieTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
Phattyre-Phready2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Hey to all you Texas panhandle folks!... have any of you been to Palo Duro Canyon State Park... I've been looking at it on google maps and kinda looks cool...

Always looking for something a little closer to home to head to... (Oklahoma City)

If you been there, i would love to hear your thoughts

Peter in OKC. OK
It's a beautiful place to visit or camp, but the roads getting there are typical West Texas... flat and straight. The road in and out of the canyon is fun a couple of times, but the crawling speed limits are strictly enforced. No motorized vehicles allowed off the pavement. However, if you're in pretty good shape and handle a mt. bike fairly well, it has some of the best mtb trails in Texas! Extremely hot in the canyon during summer months.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
rpilottx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
El Paso Riders in Rocky Mountain Forum

For those of you in El Paso or moving there, most of us hang out in the Rocky Mountain forum. I am 250 miles to Tuscon or ABQ and 600 miles to San Antonio or Dallas so go figure. By the way, the rumor mill has it that there will be a BMW motorcycle franchise in El Paso this spring. It will be at Barnett Harley Davidson. I will continue to take my GSA to Ironhorse in Tuscon for service. Figure this to be a friendly heads up about things I have heard about Barnett.
rpilottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
camnowell
Still a n00b

Oddometer: 39
Barnett BMW/HD

Thanks for the heads up on Barnetts. I just did a quick search and came up with this job listing from simplyhired. That's a pretty good sign - it will be real nice to have some dedicated support right in town. When I bought my GSA that was the first thing I looked up to see just how far I would have to go if I had any major problems.
camnowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
dino246
Adventurer

Im here in beautiful Odessa

I'm here now and want to go for a ride. My number is 8018976560. Give me a ring.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #30
rpilottx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
BMW Mechanic in Alamagordo, NM

For those of you in west Texas or southern New Mexico and ride BMW's, there is a certified mechanic a bunch of us use in Alamagordo, NM which is 75 miles from El Paso not the 250 to ABQ or Tuscon. He is a retired German Air Force pilot who runs the flight simulator at Holloman AFB.

I have been pleased with the service. He rides a GS. PM me and I will send you his contact info. A bunch of us BMW owners in this area use him.
rpilottx is offline   Reply With Quote