User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #121
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,415
Well, fuck me gently.

DU scored with the net empty to tie it and won it in overtime. Great battle by DU all weekend, the Goph's weren't able to capitalize on their chances.

Pretty damn cozy at the top of the WCHA standings now. CC/UNO and Tech/NoDak are great matchups next weekend.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #122
RLK

Oddometer: 6,175
Zucker really liked the looks of that backhand dump in and sorta forgot about the angry man with the big stick. Rau got there late with elbows high. Dirty. I hope Jason will be ok.

CC comes home with nothing this week. 4-1 last night. 3 of their top 5 scorers and the hot goalie are wearing suits. In one weekend CC went from a shot at the league lead to hoping to hold on for home ice in the playoffs. That's the way it goes in this game.

Air Force ties Sat. 3-3 at Niagra and comes home with 3 points. They still lead the AHA by one tiny point.
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #123
Crocodile Tears OP
The 906

Oddometer: 3,441
MTU @ North Dakota this weekend!

North Dakota is having a very good second half. Tech will do well to escape with two points. Gordic is back for Tech which should give a decent boost on offense. The past few weeks without him the powerplay production has shit the bed.

At this point I'm counting on UNO's difficult schedule to get Tech a home ice playoff game. RLK is in good position having tickets to Tech @ CC final series of the season - could be very important.

Tech may get swept, but at least Houghton won't be flooded in six weeks

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #124
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Gophs shutout the Beavers last night in a pretty dominating performance. The Bjugstad-Budish-Rau line is just too much for a team like Brrrrmidji.

Bemidji St. is a TUC, so a sweep this weekend would be a great boost in the Pairwise Rankings.

Go Gophers!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #125
RLK

Holy Moses! Air Force made it rain last night 8-0 agains Mercyhurst The backup Sophomore goalie made 20 saves for the shutout. Three players each had 2 goals.

GO FALCONS!!

CC managed to scratch out a win 4-3 at the purple cross vs. Nebraska. It helped that Eamonn McDermitt, Nick Dineen and Josh Thorimbert were back from injuries. CC needs to either improve on PPs or stop committing pointless penalties. It was a fun game to see. I got my $9 worth!

GO TIGERS!!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #126
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Minnesota completed the sweep tonight, well deserved victories. They outworked and outskated Bemidji all weekend.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #127
RLK

The United States Air Force Academy lost 2-1 Saturday. The Sophomore goalie Torf let in a PPG and an even stregnth unassisted goal on 18 shots but was outplayed at the other end. Max Strang stopped 50 for M'hurst! The Falcons still lead the AHA by one giant point as the top 5 teams are seperated by 3 giant points. Gotta love it!

CC lost as well and will continue to get second billing in my posts as I think they are the second best college hockey team in town. The Tigers also gave up an unnassisted goal and it came on a CC PP. There was an Empty netter as well and the Omaha Mavericks won 4-2. Barf! I won't be supprised if CC has to travel to Denver for round 1. CC is tied for a share of 5-7th with 27 points. Duluth and Tech sure won't roll over in the last 2 weeks of regulation. Good Grief!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #128
Crocodile Tears OP
The 906

Tech (26pts) @ Colorado College (27 pts) for home ice next weekend!

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #129
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

I was out of town and not paying attention, and the Gophers swept UNO!

If they can take care of business at home against bucky this weekend they will lock up first in the WCHA and should guarantee themselves a 2-seed in an NCAA regional.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #130
RLK

The United States Air Force Academy is the regular season Champion of the Atlantic Hockey Association. The AHA post season tournament divides the 12 teams into 3 catergories: the top 4 teams earn a first week bye and home ice in round 2, the middle 4 teams host the bottom 4 teams in this weekend's best of 3 series.

Rest Up FALCONS!!

I ended up with free tix for tonight's CC vs. Michigan Tech game, on the glass at the Purple Cross! WooT!!

GO TIGERS!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #131
RLK

Not one, TWO shorthanded goals against. That might be 10 on the season for Tigers. One of the Tech kids took a run at the goalie late in the 3rd and got the gate for contact to the head. That kid spent about a minute face down under Joe Marciano's stick before a linesman pulled him off. One from each bench will sit tomorrow night for misconduct. What a fun game! I took my 6yo neighbor kid.

With the win CC has clinched home ice for round 1 of the post season. Depending on how the points fall it might be Tech again next week.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #132
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

The 'Friday Gophers' laid an egg last night. Hoping for a better effort tonight, though they don't necessarily need to win. They don't look good without Bjugstad.

The UMD loss helped them out, but the Gophers do need to win tonight then to finish as the uncontested #1 in the WCHA and improve their position in the PWR.

Grainbelt screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 08:47 AM
Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #133
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,329
The Maine Black Bears are coming to the party hungry.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #134
Crocodile Tears OP
The 906

tech finished slow for the year, after being swept this weekend by CC - the team is staying in colorado for their first round rematch against CC - heres to better luck next weekend.

Robinson should be able to start next weekend - he was a game time decision and replaced by Genoe for saturdays 2-0 loss.

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #135
RLK

Altitude training is real, just ask the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The University of Connecticut will visit the 7400 foot above sealevel Cadet Ice Arena for round 2 of the AHA playoffs. Go Falcons!!

The week in town will help Tech get used to the thin air and the Olympic sized ice at the Purple Cross. Its a good thing there's a Chuck E Cheese across the parking lot. Go Tigers!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: