User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #136
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Dear bmwgsrider-

Very glad to have your feedback. Also, please go back to post #130 to read my cautions about failing to follow my product installation and use instructions with respect to gluing them to the stock grips. What you will find is that the grips can be glued on with the sticky velcro, and then very nicely re-positioned if you do not like your original positioning of them. This allows you to experiment with various seam positions, without sacrificing safety on your motorcycle.

Sounds like from your post, that the larger/cushier feel of my OBB's is working out for you. Please keep us posted, so that we may follow your progression to a "happier place" for your 2-wheeling.

Best regards and thanks for the valuable input,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #137
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,684
Just thought I would give a bit of an update.....went for a ride yesterday and put on some highway miles. WOW what a difference, I am still getting accustom to different feeling, thicker, but there was absoutly no vibration coming through the grips. I couldnt believe how much they worked. Also had the headted grips on low and could feel them just fine. I plan on getting a couple day ride in soon, but so far I am pleased with the purchase.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #138
Casey851
Bluegrass Wanderer

Oddometer: 50
IN!

PayPal payment sent.

Thanks so much for this great product.

C

Thank a teacher that you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
Casey851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #139
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great Observations!

Mr. ghostryder-

It always makes me feel good when someone uses my product in the way I intended it, and it really helps them. Glad you like the OBB's, and many happy and comfortable motor miles to you! Of course, I already know the things you observed, but it sure is gratifying to know that someone else experiences it too. Remember, all the products I have developed, I first made and tested them myself, extensively. i would never offer anything to you guys that I wasn't,, personally, more than totally satisfied with.

casey851-

You're very welcome! I really appreciate the vote of confidence, especially since you haven't gotten your grips yet. Notwithstanding, I have full confidence that you will be very satisfied with my OBB's once you get them and try them out on your bike. Order and payment duly received, grips going out in the morning.

Best to you both,

Dave Reppert
Founder
Original Beemer Buddies

Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #140
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Had the day off and had a couple of things I wanted to finish in the garage I got those completed and was just getting ready to start raking the leaves when the Postman rolls up and has my Original Beemer Buddies so in the spirit of ADV it only seemed right that I put the rake back in the garage and installed the OBB. The installation was straight forward so in the name of ADV science I was bound to go test out the OBB. Rode about 100 miles for a thorough test and found the OBB's at first to be a bit thick and couldn't find my usual landmarks on my grips but as I rode I was finding that while they felt different the grips were quite comfortable. The one noticeable thing was how the BB reduced the felt vibrations from the bars. Tested the ability of the heated grips and felt the heat through the OBB not the best day to do a test as the temps were in the 70's today. All in all my first impressions are while feeling different the grips are comfortable and reduce vibration and I think are a overall improvement to the stock grips. I did have to initially move and adjust the OBB seams to find what was comfortable for me but after some trial and error I found my comfort zone... As a side note it was nice to also receive a hand written thank you note from Dave.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #141
BluenoseGuy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
PayPal sent.

Thanks
BluenoseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #142
skybo1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Paypal sent yesterday.
Thanks
skybo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #143
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Put mine on last night and rode with them this morning. Easy to install and they worked great! The grips feel so much better now that they have some "heft" to them. Thanks Jack!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #144
DieselFxr
Rider

Oddometer: 27
Thumb Happy Customer

I installed my Beemer Buddies this week end on my 05 F650GS. The grips were pretty worn and I had been planning on replacing them soon. Then I found out about this product and the group buy. I am very impressed was a little skeptical about how well my heated grips would work through the additional layer of material but I must say that I am very pleased with the results. I cannot sense a difference in the heat output. I highly recommend and would buy again.
DieselFxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #145
PaulGinAZ
FNG

Oddometer: 259
I sent a paypal to you on 11/3 and look forward to receiving these. I do have a http://throttlerocker.com/ that I use on my bike for street use and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the compatibility of both products?
-1989 VW Syncro Tristar TDi (long-term project)
-Too many bikes and cars in my sordid past to list...
PaulGinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #146
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Beemer Buddies

Very speedy service. Excellent fit. Had problem with stock grips. My hands would start aching after 2-3 hours.
This no longer happens based on my five hour ride today. Highly recommend this product.
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #147
bmwgsrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Dear bmwgsrider-

Very glad to have your feedback. Also, please go back to post #130 to read my cautions about failing to follow my product installation and use instructions with respect to gluing them to the stock grips. What you will find is that the grips can be glued on with the sticky velcro, and then very nicely re-positioned if you do not like your original positioning of them. This allows you to experiment with various seam positions, without sacrificing safety on your motorcycle.

Sounds like from your post, that the larger/cushier feel of my OBB's is working out for you. Please keep us posted, so that we may follow your progression to a "happier place" for your 2-wheeling.

Best regards and thanks for the valuable input,

Dave R.
Hi Dave,

So if you stick the adhesive onto the grip and do not like the position of where the seam is after you think you get it in the correct spot, you can pull the adhesive back off and reapply in a different location? Is that what you mean by repositioning it? Does that not ruin the adhesive? Thanks for correcting me.
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #148
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 2,319
Got mine on the bike today - very well packaged - great instructions - they look fantastic and feel good (though I haven't ridden with them yet).

At this stage I only have one concern .... how on earth Dave can make a buck on these because the product and every stage of client service is absolutely outstanding. What a great piece of kit - very well priced - fantastic service - a class act all the way!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #149
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
Hi Dave,

So if you stick the adhesive onto the grip and do not like the position of where the seam is after you think you get it in the correct spot, you can pull the adhesive back off and reapply in a different location? Is that what you mean by repositioning it? Does that not ruin the adhesive? Thanks for correcting me.
I removed the adhesive on the right grip several times to find the location that was right for me after riding the bike to test the location for comfort several times the adhesive still stuck to the grip with no issues.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #150
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
I removed the adhesive on the right grip several times to find the location that was right for me after riding the bike to test the location for comfort several times the adhesive still stuck to the grip with no issues.
bmwgsrider. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .What he (Craiger) said!!!

Ayrshire Bull-

You are far too kind with your comments. If you think about it: good customer service and bad customer service cost the same to produce. I just choose to try to help others get what they want. It is true that when I went to a superior velcro product (4 times more expensive than the original hook product), and upgraded to the embossed rubber material (30% more expensive than the original nylon surfaced neoprene) I did not put up my original direct retail price of $19.95. Instead, I have tried to make my production process more efficient and save costs that way, while keeping my pricing competitive. I will resist raising my prices as long as I can, in the interest of staying competitive and providing great value. again, AB, thanks for the very nice compliments. Hope you get many comfortable and safe miles from your OBB's!

ctoldie-

This kind of observation on creature comfort really makes me feel great! to think that something I thought up, made, marketed, and delivered to a fellow rider would make such a difference in his riding enjoyment and experience is a great feeling to me. You, also, are too kind in your encomiums and panageerics (look 'em up). Thanks for the compliments, though they may not be so deserved or earned.

PaulGinAZ-

We have done no testing using manual add-ons to the throttle hand, and do not recommend these products for use with our OBB's. That said, it is a free country, and we would never attempt to legislate how you personally farkle your ride. We are curious as to yours or anyone's anecdotal experience with these products, so keep us posted.

DieselFxr-

Thank you for your very kind endorsement of my OBB's. I think it's really great when you can simply add my product to your bike and do not have to go to the trouble of completely replacing your worn OEM grips. The thing is, the OBB's when installed have a very sleek and business-like appearance, so you're not giving up anything by installing them. Rather, I think they make your bike more of a "Beemer". As a matter of fact, I prefer my OBB's on my bike (an '11 R1200RT) because I feel they "concentrate" the heat of the grips, and the heat does not as easily dissipate, as it seems to do without the OBB's in place.

YetiGS-

I too have that better feeling of "heft" to the substance of my grips due to the OBB.s being installed. Remember, my background includes 47 years of motorcycling in many countries around the world, topped off by a couple of years teaching motorcycle safety. I know that on my bike with the OBB's in place, I feel safer and more in control due to this improvement in the "heft" of the grips. I call it a feeling of my hand being appropriately "filled" with the motorcycle. Thanks again for your nice comments.

skybo1 and BluenoseGuy

Yours both went out yesterday, so you should have them any day, and
Bluenoseguy: I am very proud of my heritage as a graduate of the Nova Scotia Junior Guide's School on Kedgie Lake in 1959. That's right. . . . .I'm older than dirt!

and,

Craiger-

Glad you found your "comfort zone" with the OBB's. Also, Congratulations on being sharp enough to put down the rake, and go for a spin on a beautiful fall day. I was supposed to do a tag sale in my front yard today, but instead made an executive decision and went for a spin on my Beemer. Best decision I've made in a long time! Great ride. Even came back after dark under a full moon. It don't get any better than this!!!!!

Best to all,

David J. Reppert
Founder
Original Beemer Buddies

adkjack screwed with this post 11-09-2011 at 08:55 PM