Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #241
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Payment sent............again........thank you!
Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #242
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 207
Thumb One more set ordered...

Paypal Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 71E05956H1906974U)

Merry Christmas!

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #243
ReCycled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
I don't know how I missed this thread...PP sent
ReCycled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #244
bighopper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Just In Time

I just placed an order for a pair.
can't use them till Spring, but I can sit on the GSA & pretend I'm heading down the road where ever that may take me.
bighopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #245
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Not to worry!!

bighopper, ReCycled, ConTeacher-

You guys are in plenty of time. I'm even running this group buy through tomorrow (Sunday) night at midnight, just to make sure that everyone has a chance to participate.

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and Merry Christmas!

All the best to the ADVrider Community
!!

Dave R.

adkjack screwed with this post 01-01-2012 at 02:51 PM
adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #246
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Droptarotter-

Got your paypal. Grips going right out.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #247
chef_of_the_future
You talking to me?

Oddometer: 263
Put my " surprise" present on today and went for a spin. Heated grips work as normal and the improvement in feel is noticeable.
Don't over think the seam line thing (as I did) ....as others have mentioned the seam is not an issue with gloves anyway.
Best $20 clams I've spent in a long time.
Thx

2007 1200GS
chef_of_the_future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #248
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,617
Ok time for a decent review. Took a small trip, about 1k miles over a few days. Temps ranged from mid to high 30's to 80's and I can say that they worked great. I had the heated grips on low for the chilly mornings, and could feel the heat through the grips just fine. Put the grips on high and noticed that at that setting they worked just as well. Had some rain, light steady rian for about 30 min, to full downpour and the grips DID NOT get wet and soggy and they DID NOT loose any tackiness. The grips did help with vibrations, and felt way more comfortable at highway speed than just the regular grips did. After getting used to the "bigger feeling" they are great. I think for the price they are one of the best things I did to improve the comfort on my bike and I would not hesitate to buy them again for my next bike.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #249
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef_of_the_future View Post
Put my " surprise" present on today and went for a spin. Heated grips work as normal and the improvement in feel is noticeable.
Don't over think the seam line thing (as I did) ....as others have mentioned the seam is not an issue with gloves anyway.
Best $20 clams I've spent in a long time.
Thx
chef_of_the_future-

Glad you got your "surprise". Your points are well made. I mention these properties to customers, but when the insight comes from customers, it seems to carry much more weight.
Hope you have a happy new year, and don't eat too many clams!

Dave R.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:34 AM   #250
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,365
Finally got mine installed today, but... since it's freezing rain out right now , I'm probably not going to try them out right this minute (I know, I'm just a wuss ). Will say that the install was a snap and that the feel is certainly better than the stock skinny grips . Looking forward to a break in the yuck so I can take a little spin.

Thanks Dave!
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #251
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
Ok time for a decent review. Took a small trip, about 1k miles over a few days. Temps ranged from mid to high 30's to 80's and I can say that they worked great. I had the heated grips on low for the chilly mornings, and could feel the heat through the grips just fine. Put the grips on high and noticed that at that setting they worked just as well. Had some rain, light steady rian for about 30 min, to full downpour and the grips DID NOT get wet and soggy and they DID NOT loose any tackiness. The grips did help with vibrations, and felt way more comfortable at highway speed than just the regular grips did. After getting used to the "bigger feeling" they are great. I think for the price they are one of the best things I did to improve the comfort on my bike and I would not hesitate to buy them again for my next bike.

ghostryder-

Nice to read your ride review. Your observations about the heat getting through the OBB's, the grips improving your comfort level at highway speeds, and the fact that they are truly waterproof and more grippy in the rain, are spot on.
I'm also gratified that you see them (as I do) as a good dollar value . I have worked hard at keeping the price of my grips in a place that will be affordable for the many, and as excellent value-added to our bikes.

Thanks again for your excellent and complimentary endorsement of my grips. Makes all the hard work to cross the T's and dot the I's well worth it.

Best, and Happy New Year to you.,

Dave R.

adkjack screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 07:38 AM
Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #252
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
Finally got mine installed today, but... since it's freezing rain out right now , I'm probably not going to try them out right this minute (I know, I'm just a wuss ). Will say that the install was a snap and that the feel is certainly better than the stock skinny grips . Looking forward to a break in the yuck so I can take a little spin.

Thanks Dave!

NHBill-

Know what you mean about the weather here in the Northeast. Glad the initial feel was an improvement, and that the install was quick and painless. We will look forward to your ride report when the weather breaks. Remember Bill: if winter is here, can spring be far behind?

Best, and happy new year-

Dave R.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #253
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Official Notice:

The Group Buy will be extended to members of the ADVrider Forum until further notice

Purpose is to make this deal available to as many members as possible. Response to my grips on this forum has been overwhelmingly positive, and the membership here has been great to work with. Consequently, I am offering the discount of $19.95 CONUS (delivered) on a continuing basis until further notice.

See Below for ordering details.

Best Regards,

Dave R.

adkjack screwed with this post 01-04-2012 at 07:41 AM
Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #254
BradicusMaximus
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb Review

Newbie posting - in fact I signed up specifically to give a quick review - of course, I think I'll stick around though.

Anyway, here I go...

My wife got me a pair of these for Christmas this year. I kind of nudged her in this direction, but that was only because she was having difficulty figuring out what I wanted. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

She told me that her order process was much different than she was used to. Instead of a boilerplate form that we all know and love by now from buying things on the internet, she actually spoke to a live human being to place the order. She was impressed and couldn't stop talking about how nice it was to talk to someone who not only seemed to want to take her order, but also how interested he was in how it was going to be used and what they were going on and just into motorcycles in general. Plus 1 on the customer service side of things.

When I opened the package, everything was pretty simple - it is a simple product after all. Two grips, instructions, a nice note from the owner - handwritten to boot - and a little lollypop. Things were neat and effective. Plus 1 for packaging.

Not wanting to wait until spring, I went to the garage and decided to try putting these things on. I looked at the instructions and then looked again thinking there must be something more. Nope. It was pretty simple. Pull the backer off the sticky side of the velcro tape, attach to the handgrip, pull the grip material around until the other side catches the velcro.

I only had two concerns at this point. First, it seemed like the material was being stretched very tight to reach all the way around. Luckily, that wasn't even a concern as the material holds up fine. Second, I was concerned about the seam area. Although my anal-retentive side would prefer it to match up a little better, the seam is unobtrusive and for all intents and purposes unnoticeable.

All-in-all, the installation of both grips took about 5 minutes and that included shooting some bull with my brother-in-law while doing this. Plus 1 on the installation.

So, how does it ride?

In early December of this year I bought a 2010 BMW R1200RT. Until then, I had been driving a 1983 Harley FLT. I don't think these two animals are even in the same species. I love my BMW with one small exception, the grips. I have relatively large hands and the Harley grips are a good circumference. I can ride them without cramping after a longer period. The BMW grips are like wrapping my hands around a pencil. My first few rides on the new bike had me wanting to roll the throttle between my thumb and forefinger rather than with my hand.

The Beemerbuddies help - quite a bit. My personal preference would almost be for them to be a bit thicker, but these ones are a huge improvement over stock. They provide enough meat on the grip so my hand feel more natural. They are padded and provide just enough cushion but aren't overly squishy. The add a great deal to the comfort of the bike, which says a lot for a $25 product.

The one side benefit I found was while using my heated grips. I've found the BMW to have some seriously intense heat coming from the grips - even on low, through gloves. The Beemerbuddies seemed to distribute the heat more creating a more radiant heat sensation over more of the grip. It toned it down just enough. Another plus 1 on use.

Overall, I think these are great. They are a simple product at a great price that really provided me with an improved experience. I recommend anyone interested to pick up a pair.

Brad
BradicusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #255
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

BradicusMaximus-

First of all- congratulations on your choice of the R1200RT. With the option of owning any motorcycle out there manufactured, I also chose the R1200RT and have never looked back. I was tempted by the new K1600, but have so far been more than satisfied with my Boxer.

I thank you for your very thorough and complimentary review of my OBB's. It is most gratifying to help a fellow BMW rider
get the most out of his/her bike. In addition, I greatly enjoy the opportunity to provide the kind of customer service I would like to receive, myself. My compliments to your wife for being kind enough to seek out the OBB's for you.

I hope you will enjoy your OBB's, and I thank you for your very instructive and well written review of my product and services.

Best,

Dave R.