Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #391
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
Ordered on a Friday, arrived in less than a week! Great product--highly recommended. Only used on the left grip as I have a tennis racket wrap and Grip Puppies on the right. The GP are starting to show signs of wear so I may replace them with GB. Great to have choices. Asymmetry does not concern me.
Phil Y-

Interesting write-up. I hope you will have as good an experience with your right hand grip, as you did with your left. Actually, I am more entranced with your sig line. As an MSF instructor, I can appreciate the wisdom of your instructor. "No old, bold riders". . . . . . . . . .nicely put.

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #392
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Got any Pics?

Wanted to encourage those who have installed the OBB's/OGB's on their bikes to post pics of the installations so the rest of us can get a look. Kinda helps to be able to see how they look/work on a variety of bikes.

Thanks,

Dave R.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #393
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Wanted to encourage those who have installed the OBB's/OGB's on their bikes to post pics of the installations so the rest of us can get a look. Kinda helps to be able to see how they look/work on a variety of bikes.

Thanks,

Dave R.
Pics? I got your pics right here!

Took about 10 days for my Buddies to make it to Canuckistan, but they arrived safe and sound.

Bike in question is a 92 BMW R100RT with stock grips- here's a cockpit view before:

The instructions supplied were clear and complete. Cleaned the grip with alcohol, found the recommended installation location, stripped the backing and voila, first part done.

Wrapped the Buddy around the original grip. Took some adjustment due to the taper of the originals (see first pic), but after a couple of tries they're good!

Throttle side was just as easy. Placed the seam a little higher on this side as I like to reach over with my grip so when I'm on the road my hand position is about equal to the clutch side. Even managed to squeeze my Throttle Rocker over the buddy.

I'm not too sure about the Throttle Rocker however. The Grip Buddy makes the diameter just a bit too big for this one- it fits, but it's not round on the end. It's on, and won't spin, where when it was on before I could spin it to adjust. It will take some careful adjustment to find the sweetspot. I could trim the Grip Buddy, but I'll exhaust placement options before I do that.

So what's the bottom line on installation? Dead easy. You'll be done in well less than 5 minutes. They feel comfy in the garage. I had 4" of snow last night so no on road testing until later in the week. I'll report back then.

Steve
Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #394
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 211
Thumb Pics, We Got 'Em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post

Thanks,

Dave R.

2005 R1200GS

Throttle Side w/o CrampBuster

Throttle Side with CrampBuster

Clutch Side

Hope this helps

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com

ConTeacher screwed with this post 04-07-2012 at 03:35 PM Reason: typing challenged...
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #395
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

squiffynimrod-

First, I gotta compliment you on the uniqueness of your forum name. Outstanding !

Now, to your post. . . . . . . . .great pics. Sorry about the recent snow that put a crimp in your early riding program, but that's March/April in the North country- "in like a lamb, out like a lion", and so forth. Also, regards the voyage to Canukastan: international shipping is (at best) a crap shoot from a timing and accuracy standpoint. As far as the throttle rocker is concerned, I don't make any compatibility claims with other hand grip add-ons because there are many different types, and my focus is (first and foremost) comfort, safety, durability, and ease of self-installation of my own product. That being said, my customers seem to be able to get most hand grip add-ons to be able to work nicely, with no problem.

Thanks for posting your install pics. Nice job, and many happy riding miles to you.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #396
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Keep the pidcs coming. Helps a lot!

ConTeacher-

Thanks for sharing. I have a good feeling now for your installation. Looks like the Crampbuster works out just fine with the OBB's.
A picture sure is worth a thousand words.

Hey: the rest of you guys. . . . . . . . . .How bout some pics of your installations?

Dave R.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #397
Volunteer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb Great Grips

Just receive my grips today. Quick service & eeasy installation. The quality & appearance is much better than the "puppies" that I have been using.

Vol
04 RT
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #398
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
Just receive my grips today. Quick service & eeasy installation. The quality & appearance is much better than the "puppies" that I have been using.

Vol
04 RT
Volunteer-

You sir, are quite welcome. I never volunteer anything negative about the competition, but when a "volunteer" like yourself (yuk, yuk) is kind enough to point out the advantages my product has over others, I silently cheer inside. Thanks for that, Vol, and "good on ya" as my buddies from Down Under are so wont to say.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #399
etower175
Adventurer n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thanks David, I received your shipment couple weeks ago. I've put some time on the Gripbuddies. I love the feel of them too. Toned down the vibes also

Thanks again
Nathan
etower175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #400
NorCal Dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Dave

received the GB's & stuck 'em on my XR650R that mainly only runs on pavement here in Marin Co.

went for a short run today & the GB's were quite comfy

thanks
NorCal Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #401
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etower175 View Post
Thanks David, I received your shipment couple weeks ago. I've put some time on the Gripbuddies. I love the feel of them too. Toned down the vibes also

Thanks again
Nathan

etower175-

Glad you like the feel of your new Grip Buddies. I too remember when I first started using these, that they seriously "quieted down" the vibrations at the handlebars.

Best of luck, Nathan, and thanks for your business.

Best,

Dave R

Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #402
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dog View Post
Dave

received the GB's & stuck 'em on my XR650R that mainly only runs on pavement here in Marin Co.

went for a short run today & the GB's were quite comfy

thanks
NorCal Dog-

Glad they are working well for you. Some of the happiest days of my life were spent in Marin County back in the 70's. What a great place.

Ride safely.

Dave R.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #403
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,107
Here's an update to my previous post......

The snow is gone and I'm out there. I've taken the Throttle Rocker off for the time being. There is an immediate, noticeable increase in grip comfort vs. stock. So much so that the rocker may not make it back on the bars. I'll need to put some continuous hours in for a full assessment, but for now I'd rate my Beemer Buddies a 10 for comfort and for value. I'm glad I bought them.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #404
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
Here's an update to my previous post......

The snow is gone and I'm out there. I've taken the Throttle Rocker off for the time being. There is an immediate, noticeable increase in grip comfort vs. stock. So much so that the rocker may not make it back on the bars. I'll need to put some continuous hours in for a full assessment, but for now I'd rate my Beemer Buddies a 10 for comfort and for value. I'm glad I bought them.
Squiffy!

Wondered what had happened to you. Hopefully, you have seen some of this warm weather, even in the far north.
Glad you like the OBB's, and that they make your ride that much more pleasant and safe, and give you good value.

Enjoy the ride!

Dave R.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #405
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Don't be bashful!

Don't be bashful!

If anyone else has install pics for us, we'd love to see them. It really is true that a picture is worth a thousand words. . . . . . . . .
so, let''s see 'em guys.

Best,

Dave R.