Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #481
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Soph9-

Any chance for a ride report from you and Cheryl? Inquiring minds want to know. do you guys have a spot?

Dave R.
No ride report for now on ADV but our BLOG is update as well as FB pages. Here is our SPOT LINK HERE and we got your new grips on. Even though they seem to be the same thickness as your original grips these feel more comfortable for our hands and we rode over 700 KM on day one and no hand fatigue. We will review your grips later on but for now...

Have a look at the blog Dave!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #482
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures

Oddometer: 10,495
Quote:
BMW Kurt-

Jeeze Louise. . . . . . .here I sent you a free lollipop, and all you could do is accuse me of a hidden message. . . . . .No hidden message. . . . . . .just a serious and genuine customer service attitude.

All joking aside. . . . .Hope you enjoy your Original Beemer Buddies for many happy and safe riding miles. It's all good!

Best,

Dave R.
It was meant as a joke!

I am a former teacher and I use to give out Smarties to kids that got the right answer. I use to give out Dum-Dums for other types of answers until my principal told me it was not politically correct and to stop.

Anyway, the grips are great and I have already recommended them to several other folks!

My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #483
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack
I'm always amazed at how long it takes to ship things over the northern border. .
it has been my experience that it is customs delays and not postal. I have ordered from Aerostitch which is 4 hrs away and it takes 12 days to get here but it sits 8 days in customs
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #484
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
it has been my experience that it is customs delays and not postal. I have ordered from Aerostitch which is 4 hrs away and it takes 12 days to get here but it sits 8 days in customs
I suspected as much!

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #485
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Kurt View Post
It was meant as a joke!

I am a former teacher and I use to give out Smarties to kids that got the right answer. I use to give out Dum-Dums for other types of answers until my principal told me it was not politically correct and to stop.

Anyway, the grips are great and I have already recommended them to several other folks!

I knew that. Tough to be politically correct, Takes a politician for that.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #486
soph9
Bike Addict

Forgot to chime in after our trip about the grips you sent us Dave. So, they worked out well...they do soak up some water but if you have waterproof gloves no issues. They are still sticking after being poured on and do "break" in a bit by your thumb area...meaning they get thinner but not wearing out. I really love this idea and sure beats getting new grips in general. WE both could feel the heat of our grips up the cool wet coast of Oregon and Washington.

We would love to see you even make a thinner skin like cover...for when we wear our winter gloves. So, for the $$ we highly recommend this product. I will try to do a proper review with pics for here and our blog soon. WE have two cool trips lined up...going to Dawson Creek, BC for a quick long weekend and then we are doing the BC Adventure Trail ride beginning of Sept. That ride should be great, 75% off road. Might have more to say after these trips. Thanks Dave once again!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #487
Travman
SDF

Oddometer: 413
Puppies Comparison

I've been a long time user of the Grip Puppies. My current pair is nearly 2 yrs old and am looking to replace them. Anyone here have an opinion on making the switch to the Buddies and have use the puppies as well. Mostly concerned about feeling the seam. Opinions welcome!

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #488
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
I have both on 2 bikes, the foam slip on I like better, the grip puppys are fuggly and I hate the seam
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #489
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
I have both on 2 bikes, the foam slip on I like better, the grip puppys are fuggly and I hate the seam
but so easy to install
Old 07-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #490
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
I tried the Beemer Buddies, but I didn't like them. I will say it had nothing to do with the product, or the vendor as both were top notch, but my hands just didn't like them. For whatever reason, my hands actually would get more sore with the Beemer Buddies on. Go figure.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #491
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I appreciate the nice things said about my customer service and my products, and it would be unrealistic for me to expect that everyone will prefer my product, regardless of how good it is and how attentive my customer service is. That being said, the great thing about this forum is that people of all different opinion bases can definitely disagree and still live in harmony.

Thanks for all the great feedback and for the wonderful customers who have been so loyal to me and my products.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #492
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
I appreciate the nice things said about my customer service and my products, and it would be unrealistic for me to expect that everyone will prefer my product, regardless of how good it is and how attentive my customer service is. That being said, the great thing about this forum is that people of all different opinion bases can definitely disagree and still live in harmony.

Thanks for all the great feedback and for the wonderful customers who have been so loyal to me and my products.

Best,

Dave R.
I wouldn't deter anyone from buying these even though my hands didn't like them. I could see a market for these and a few people that rode my bike liked them. For whatever reason though I guess my hands like the smaller grips, which is even weirder considering I have larger hands. Maybe has something to do with growing up on motorcycles with "standard" size grips so that's what my hand was used to? I should also mention I didn't buy these because my hands were getting sore in the first place. I only tried them to try something different.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #493
bigdog1807
Miles Craven

Oddometer: 136
Beemer Buddies are the only way to go if you consistently ride in varying conditions and have heated grips. Example: late Feb ride on my GS, hi temp near 80 around noon and by 4pm temps were low 40s and I had 200 miles to get home. You do feel the heated grips through them but it's so nice to be able to peel them off in seconds and really warm your hands. I like Grip Puppies for their thicker padding but they never come off the dirt bike. The seam, if positioned correctly, is a non issue if you wear gloves.
bigdog1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #494
cornfield destroyer
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cheap, Easy, and Great!

These should be the first "Functional Farkle" for every new BMW! Great product and quick delivery. Makes things really comfortable for these tired old hands, and they work great with the heated grips.
David Reese
R1200GSA Adventure
cornfield destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #495
LE Trainer
Bad Buddhist

Oddometer: 154
Installed mine today. R1200RT. Very comfortable and an easy install. I'll be ordering a set for my Dakar next!