Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #121
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrshire Bull View Post
OK - I'll bite - what's MBS stand for.......?
Multiple Bike Syndrome. I have had bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery so I plan to try these out on some other bikes as well.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #122
gonzo2k
Adliberator

Oddometer: 290
Made this purchase from Dave on Friday 10/21 (page 3 of this thread)... BBs arrived at my doorstep Monday 10/24.
Nicely packaged. Hand written thank you included a polite request to post back to this thread, if pleased.
Well Dave... product looks good (not ready to install them yet)... shipping was spectacular and judging by the amount of posts since 10/21... you seem to be doing the right thing.
My pleasure to add to the positives... GL

Save $$$_SMUGMUG REFERRAL LINK: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=b39gXpEl6klcs
gonzo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #123
SmileyO
Sorta n00b

Oddometer: 24
Happy Halloween to me

I order the Beemer buddies from Dave late last week, and what to my trick or treating eyes should appear....my Beemer Buddies! I didn't have a chance to install them yesterday since I had to pull off all the o-rings on my grips from a prior experiment to enlarge the grips. Today I put them on, and they seem to work well, very comfy, won't wander on the grips, and most important, enlarges the grip, but I will be going for a ride tomorrow for final testing. Dave, thanks again for the quick mail, and exceptional, yet oh so simple product. Oh and this is the best part, in the grips package Dave put in a watermelon dumdum lollypop...which we all know is the best...except for that "mystery" flavored one, which is only better because of the fact that it is a mystery. Thanks Dave and Happy Halloween!
SmileyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #124
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Sent a PM as I was not sure on the ordering process.....
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #125
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
It's the little things in life! Sometinmes not so little!

To SmileyO, gonzo2k, and a whole host of other Original Beemer Buddies on the ADVrider Forum-

You are entirely welcome. It gives me great pleasure to be able to add to your enjoyment of your machines. I don't
think there are many out there in the civilian world of non-motorcyclists, who appreciate the degree of passion we all have for our 2-wheeled companions. I say "companions" because many have been the days where it was just me in the company of my trusty machine going on a seemingly solitary voyage or adventure.

Back about 8 or 9 years ago I was searching for a way to make the "tactile" aspect of shaking hands with my companion for many hours a day when I stumbled on the idea of the Original Beemer Buddies. They just seemed the natural solution to a hand/wrist/vibration/cool looks problem which I had encountered for a long time. Don't ask me where this all came from. . . . . . . . .Only thing I can say is that this product is truly one developed by motorcyclists, for motorcyclists.

I have a few more little items which are less inspirational which I have developed and which we will be available on my website in the coming months. Remember. . . . . .if I developed it, it may not be rocket science, but it will definitely be an application that makes your riding experience safer, cooler, and more convenient.

So. . . . . stay tuned for Original Grip Buddies, LLC to be bringing out some more simple products for motorcvyclists and their 2-wheeled companions on our website in the next few months.

All the best to the ADVrider membership for Halloween!

David J. Reppert
Founder and chief floor sweeper
Original Beemer Buddies
Original Grip Buddies, LLC

adkjack screwed with this post 11-01-2011 at 07:32 PM
adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #126
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Wow quick reply from Dave and PayPal sent for the Beemer Buddies...
Thanks Dave...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #127
Square4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Tried the BBs Today

I put them on without the adhesive to give them a try today. The temperature was in the high 30s. The heat seemed to come right through them and was not a problem. Hands were nice and toasty. Since it is cold I'm running with thicker gloves but it did not seem to be oversized. I need to ride some more to address the durability and comfort for a range of gloves and temperatures. My rig is hack'd so they will see lots of pushing and pulling. I will need to take a much longer ride and see them in action but it may be Thanksgiving before I get the chance to do that.
Square4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #128
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square4 View Post
I put them on without the adhesive to give them a try today. The temperature was in the high 30s. The heat seemed to come right through them and was not a problem. Hands were nice and toasty. Since it is cold I'm running with thicker gloves but it did not seem to be oversized. I need to ride some more to address the durability and comfort for a range of gloves and temperatures. My rig is hack'd so they will see lots of pushing and pulling. I will need to take a much longer ride and see them in action but it may be Thanksgiving before I get the chance to do that.
Mr. Square4-

I specifically warn against installing and using my product in any other way than the recommended method listed in my installation instructions. Included in my directions, is a recomendation to utilize the adhesive velcro so that your new OBB's will not "migrate" or slip on your stock grips. The reason for this is that you run the risk of being less in control of your motorcycle this way, rather than "more in control" by using the OBB's as recommended.

I understand your curiosity in getting the seam in exactly the right position, but I do not think your method is either safe or effective. Since the adhesive is designed to be able to be easily re-positioned, I have already given you a safe way to achieve your answer, without taking undue risks. I do not condone your method (too dangerous), and I recommend you follow the installation instructions packed with the grips. I would not drive another foot without your new OBB grips being installed per my instructions.

Happy and safe riding,

Dave R.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #129
nytrashman
old and in the way

Oddometer: 578
while at the BMW event "color in the catskills" i purchased a pair of beemer buddies. installation was simple and easy and only took approx. 3-4 min. at first they felt a bit weird because they made the stock BMW grips a bit larger, but i soon not only became acustomed to them, but liked the slightly larger dia. the beemer buddies provide. although i have not ridden in the rain with them yet, at color in the cats the display booth had the grips on a handlebar that was under running water. the grip was great, no slipping do to the wet conditions at all. i have had the chance to use them with my heated grips and i can say without a doubt they do not hinder the performance of the heated grips at all. the adhesive used does not come unglued from the heat, even when i have my grips set to high. overall i am very happy with this product. i like them so much when i saw this group buy i bought a pair for a friend of mine in TX. the shipping was very fast and they arrived sooner then i expected. for the low price of $20 this is one of the best accessories you can buy for your bike. i have no affiliation with the seller, i am just a very happy owner of this great product.
nytrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #130
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great Feedback!

Craiger-

Your grips were shipped last night, so you should have them in a day or so. Let us know what you think.

Square4-

Interested to see how the grips work for you after you have a chance to really ride with them.

nytrashman-

You have been very kind in your comments. Hard to know how to respond. Suffice to say that I am happy that the grips get the job done for you and your friend. That is precisely what I live for, and why I do this. So, many thanks for your very positive feedback!

Best,

Dave R.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #131
advkurt
latecomer

Oddometer: 34
Grips

Got my set on, work like a charm, great feel to them, thanks Dave.
advkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #132
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

You're welcome!

You're very welcome, Kurt. Many happy and safe miles to you.

Dave R.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #133
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Mine arrived today! But it's going to be a bit before I install 'em. I ordered new bars, guards, etc. from Highway Dirtbikes. No idea how long it'll be before I get them . . .

Jack, would you please take over customer service for Highway Dirtbikes. [Edit: I retract this, my HDB stuff showed up the same day I wrote this and when I realized I ordered the wrong top clamp, HDB called me on a Sunday to help me out and they're sending the right clamp tomorow. Good to know there are a couple of companies which offer great service.]
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112

YetiGS screwed with this post 11-06-2011 at 03:54 PM
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #134
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Mine arrived today! But it's going to be a bit before I install 'em. I ordered new bars, guards, etc. from Highway Dirtbikes. No idea how long it'll be before I get them . . .

Jack, would you please take over customer service for Highway Dirtbikes.
Scott-

Know what you mean. I always approach customer service by putting myself in the other guy's (customer's) shoes, and trying to ascertain exactly what the customer wants to accomplish. Then I help 'em get it. Works like a charm.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #135
bmwgsrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
while at the BMW event "color in the catskills" i purchased a pair of beemer buddies. installation was simple and easy and only took approx. 3-4 min. at first they felt a bit weird because they made the stock BMW grips a bit larger, but i soon not only became acustomed to them, but liked the slightly larger dia. the beemer buddies provide. although i have not ridden in the rain with them yet, at color in the cats the display booth had the grips on a handlebar that was under running water. the grip was great, no slipping do to the wet conditions at all. i have had the chance to use them with my heated grips and i can say without a doubt they do not hinder the performance of the heated grips at all. the adhesive used does not come unglued from the heat, even when i have my grips set to high. overall i am very happy with this product. i like them so much when i saw this group buy i bought a pair for a friend of mine in TX. the shipping was very fast and they arrived sooner then i expected. for the low price of $20 this is one of the best accessories you can buy for your bike. i have no affiliation with the seller, i am just a very happy owner of this great product.

I am the friend that NYtrashman was so very kind enough to buy a set of grips for! Thank you, George!

I have tiny hands and I also having problems with a wrist/hand that hurts me. I recently purchased a new bike and the grip size seemed smaller/different than the other bike I had. With the current bike, I was noticing my hand was hurting more as well as I seemed to have a much tighter grip too. I also felt like I was putting a lot of pressure onto my hands. When George mentioned these, I wondered to myself if I would like them and if the grips would help my wrist some. I have not had these grips for very long.... and I have not glued them onto the grips yet as I am trying to figure out where exactly I want to have the seem. From having tiny hands, they do feel much bigger providing a bigger grip. I am still getting use to the bigger grip which I seem to like. The heated grips works good as your hand stays warm and I have only used the low heated grip setting. I have noticed that I am not putting the pressure on my hands as I was before as well as I have a much looser grip where I do not feel like I am gripping the grips tight. So far, I have not gotten the hurt feeling from my hand/wrist that I normally feel. My old my I wore a hole in my left grip and hoping these will also prevent me from wearing another hole in the grip which you could already see the wear marks I have been making. The grips feels very nice and are very comfortable. I am very pleased with the performance of these grips and VERY happy that George purchased a set for me.
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote