Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #61
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
Thanks, it's my mantra I'll be getting some stickers printed up at work soon too if anyone is interested

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albu
Thats a rusty rim you got there yikes. I just seen the printed sticker comment- shoot me a PM when you get some-Im in.
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #62
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,934
I came into this thread fully expecting something that was going to look like shit and ended up being very impressed. Nice job!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #63
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post
Thats a rusty rim you got there yikes. I just seen the printed sticker comment- shoot me a PM when you get some-Im in.
Yeah, the rims were more or less a freebie, and that was just a mock-up pic. I have since sold them and doubled my money. It's hard to find 8" wide VW wheels!

Stickers are drawn up, just need printed. They'll be die cut ("decal" style, not "sticker" style) probably in black or white. I'll let ya know when I get them!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #64
FixerDave
KLR-650

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
I redid the (yellow) DRZ with some scraps from work. $free.99

Plus some sharpie... she's about 75% done right now

I'm a H-Vis scoff... I dress in black with no intention or expectation of actually being seen... but, damn, that's near urban camouflage. I mean, seriously, it takes an extra look just to see the bike there. Looks like a couple of wheels and an engine that leave a guy wondering how they're standing up like that. You should send a picture to DARPA. Maybe they'll make a new uniform based on your work. An M1 would be seriously intimidating decked out with that pattern (then again, an M1 would be intimidating in pink and plastered with butterfly stickers - whatever).

Feel free to dodge the cars when you're riding but be extra careful where you park... you're liable to have some lawyer driven Prius ramped up on top of it by accident even

David...

FixerDave screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 07:43 PM
FixerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #65
Rufjeep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Thanks, it's my mantra I'll be getting some stickers printed up at work soon too if anyone is interested

I can appreciate the sentiment behind your slogan, and your DRZ looks awesome. But, as the father of a seven year old girl who can read, I cringe at the idea of her little lips trying to sound out words your so proudly putting out there.
Rufjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #66
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,885
There is nothing wrong with words. Those fearful of words need to take a step back and take a look at the world.

Pick your battles.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #67
yamalama
wet coaster

Oddometer: 1,081
The wrap looks great. I am going to do this to one of my bikes.
The Prius thing is pathetic. No battle required.
yamalama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #68
Rufjeep
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with words. Those fearful of words need to take a step back and take a look at the world.

Pick your battles.
I'm not scared of words, but I respect the power they weild. Well used words can be more lethal than a bullet; they lead to the rise and fall of nations. JMO, but most of us don't choose our worlds carefully enough. Flippantly used words can bounce through life like a wrecking ball, creating all sorts of unintending consequences.

As for picking my battles...you know, that doesn't always mean just choosing the battles you think you can win, or that you want to fight. Sometimes you have to stand for your values even when you realize you are about to get the crap kicked out of you.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #69
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufjeep View Post
I can appreciate the sentiment behind your slogan, and your DRZ looks awesome. But, as the father of a seven year old girl who can read, I cringe at the idea of her little lips trying to sound out words your so proudly putting out there.
Quote:

Pick your battles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufjeep View Post
I'm not scared of words, but I respect the power they weild. Well used words can be more lethal than a bullet; they lead to the rise and fall of nations. JMO, but most of us don't choose our worlds carefully enough. Flippantly used words can bounce through life like a wrecking ball, creating all sorts of unintending consequences.

As for picking my battles...you know, that doesn't always mean just choosing the battles you think you can win, or that you want to fight. Sometimes you have to stand for your values even when you realize you are about to get the crap kicked out of you.
This thread is about vinyl, not verbiage.

Please take this part to JM, or I can take it there for you.

Thanks,

Dave
ADV Mod

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #70
Rufjeep
Gnarly Adventurer

Take it off...apologies for sidetracking the thread.