Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #511
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Quinn what you smoking?? hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
Congrats dude!

Stoked for you. I'm sure it was a bit of a relief to finally accomplish one major goal on the journey. I would think the Darien was another goal.

Just remember, it's better then being stuck in an office or sweating balls in a kitchen. You're living the life!
THANKS BROTHER... IT WAS AN AMAZING FEELING TO RIDE INTO THE END OF THE WORLD.....

Little confused Quinn of what your referencing to Brother... hahaha
I have never doubted my choice to flip my life upside down and do this epic adventure; best choice of my life..
I am well aware that this is the greatest time of my life; I will ever have, without a doubt.. Best fucking adventure of my life and the greatest people/ experiences ever...
I have had some low's; but with out the low's the high's are not as awesome!!! Truely grateful of the low's they are a good reality check... they just make sure your in for the long haul... hahahhaha
Hope your well and cannot wait to shred with you on another Continent one day soon!! Maybe NZ or OZ with Nic and I next December/ Jan??? HAHAHAHA IT WOULD BE EPIC AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!
crestedbutte-rtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #512
BluNozr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Congratulations!

Great ride.
BluNozr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #513
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNozr View Post
Congratulations!

Great ride.
Thanks!! It was a great ride.. Thanks for following along.. Although I am so glad it is not over yet..
I have 100+ pics and some stories to be posted tonight or tomorrow..

Thanks again
Fletch
Old 03-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #514
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Making my way to ushuaia

DAY-476
2/24/13
Was not sure if I was going to leave today or not, woke up slowly and went for coffee.. Decided to stay and walked into for eggs, as I was coming back a guy in a decent Spanish accent asked me where the ski resort was I told him I did not know. I asked him where from and he happened to be from Montana.. he was down in Patagonia DownHill Mtn Biking all over for a few months before he goes back to the states to work Forest Service Fire crew. Long story short we had mutual friends in the ski and snowboard seen so that was cool. We hungout all day hiking around then made a massive dinner and drank a bunch of beers. Cool kid wants to come back down to Patagonia well more the lake district and open up a DH Hostel with organic farming attached to it.

DAY-477
2/25/13
Alright lets shred, ran around getting gas, oil, and last minute insurance (realized mine ran out and don’t want to play the whole sleeping at border game again… )
ATM Insurance is where it is at!!!! Talking 12 bucks a month for insurance that covers all of Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Paraguay (I believe). I knew I wanted to do a long haul to Ushuaia, it was about 2300km’s from Bariloche to Ushuaia if you rage out to the coast catching route 3. So I am shooting to bang out two back to back 850km days and then finish off the journey with a 600km day. I decided on this cuz well I wanted to make sure I made it Ushuaia then I will take my time up the Austral and slowly back to Santiago.. (Doesn’t really make since, but for some reason in this kids brain well it does.. so here we go..)
I never really got shredding until 11am or so rode pretty hard all day; it was pretty straight forward head south down the 40 then cut across to the coast. As I was shredding into Comodoro Rivadavia, the moon was like from the movie “Bruce Almighty” it was F-ing HUGE in your FACE!!!
With the sun setting so much later I have defiantly been riding much later than I usually do but I have been really enjoying riding into the sunsets. So I pulled into town right as it was getting dark knowing there is no hostels and not wanting to camp with my fresh tattoo getting it all grimy and shit.. So I ran around town looking for the cheapest option.. which ended up being like almost 50 bucks.. That’s what I get for not camping or planning ahead Hahaha oh well.. Nice enough place with a hot shower and tv which I never really have.... Hahaha no kitchen so I found place open late and got a massive Milanese so so good..
The road was nicely paved all day with some hella fun twistiest for sure.. good day of shred.. It truly doesn’t matter where you are or what your dealing with in your life, at the twist of the throttle everything disappears except for that massive smile plastered on your face.

THESE ARE MY BIKE SHOTS AS I STOP TO TOP OFF THE OIL... HAHAHA

SUNS A SET'N

PICS DO NOT DO JUSTICE... SUCH AN INCREDIBLE VIEW
Old 03-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #515
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Heading down the 3...... Almost there...

DAY-478
2/26/2013
Got up drank some coffee, I was cold riding most of the day yesterday...well not cold but not warm... So I decided to bust out the NINJA suit. which is this amazing long underwear from a snowboard company “Airblaster” which not only keeps you very warm but it is just a fun wear because you get to be a freaking NINJA!!!! Check how much I look like a badass NINJA. I mean come on would you mess with this?? No of course not... a bearded NINJA is nothing to fuck with... hahahaha

Okay seriously I did my usually morning run around gas check. Oil oh perfect found it grabbed it, filled up my canisters and off I went. The road was pretty straight forward straight windy road down the coast of Argentina (riding the 3 all day) I had about 850km’s planned out today and started laying down the throttle.. I past a few other adventure riders heading north on this route, pulled in for gas, oil, and food fill up and saw a German BMW 1200.. Found the nice owners and sat talking while enjoy some Empanadas. They started in Mexico and have been on the road for 9 months with at least three left, I headed off making my way. Another 300km’s and I was filling up gasoline (don’t forget I still pull over every 100-150km’s to add oil) I was getting gas when the German couple caught up. She was surprised; she said I thought you would be way ahead. Haha I laughed and said I stop a lot to fill up oil. we all laughed they were stopping for the night while I still had another 250km’s to go and it was about 6:30pm… I laid the throttle down and shredded toward Rio Gallos with the sun setting off to my right with the ocean peeking in every so often on my left….
I had gotten in touch with another rider who lives in Rio Gallos and we will meet up tonight, I will go to his house and he will show me where the only Hostel is where he made a resi for me. As I pulled in I could not find where my friend lived. Although I accidently stumbled upon the Hostel and unloaded my gear and shot Emanuele Tiberi an email to meet up for beer and dinner. We went out to dinner. Awesome guy, with a lot of local knowledge of Patagonia. If you’re nearby make sure you hit him up to chat and get some tips from him. Thanks again buddy for dinner and beer that was awesome!!!

NICE SUNSET SHOTS... AS I WAS ADDING .. YOU GUESSED IT OIL!!!! YIPPPPEEE HAHAHAHAHHA
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #516
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thumb Ushuaia!!!!!

DAY-479
2/27/2012
YEAH… LET’S DO THIS... 600KM’S AND I WILL HAVE MADE IT…. What time is it?? Oh shit I over slept... jackass… haha grab some coffee and lets go... packed up the back and after a few laps back and forth through town finally found a gas station with gas and grabbed some oil.. Shred time!!!
I was a little frustrated in town at myself for late start as well as not being able to find gas. but the greatest thing about riding motorcycles is that all you have to do no matter the bike is give her throttle and everything disappears other than a smile on your face….
I cross the border with ease and made my way with a quick check of a bag and a smell of a “food dog” I was off. So I’m off raging toward the ferry to cross over to TDF (Tierra del Fuego) as I pull up they are loading the last of the Semi’s so I pull up asking him where to go and pay; he just waves me onto the ferry. It is quick and was off the boat within 15 minutes. Oh cool nobody asked me to pay that’s sweet let’s shred. I was super excited about finally making it top Ushuaia.. Not going to lie... as I was riding in I had lots of personal thoughts raging from the things I “gave up” to do a trip like this… The road turned to Dirt and I fucking raged that shit as if I was on my yz250 not on a dyeing KLR (what the hell was I thinking). I was raging at one point as I came up on a car going super slow driving in the middle of the road. I went to go around him and as I did it was super dusty so my vision was screwed. As I past I landed in a foot deep strip of sand and gravel. I got the hardest tank slappen ever at 60mph. PUCKER FACTOR WAS HUGE!!! “YOU IDIOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! YOU’RE SO CLOSE TO USHUAIA. AND YOU’RE GOING TO EAT SHIT…” I held her right and rode through it shaking my head at myself... If you don’t know me I am pretty good and making it through the hard/difficult stuff and then totally wrecking out on the easy stuff… like making it 16 months 35,000km’s on a bike without a big wreck and within 300km of your goal totaling yourself and the bike. Haha luckily that did not happen.
I still rage the dirt I just get to excited to ride dirt, makes me a happy little kid. I pulled into the border checked out of Chile and had to ride 4km’s or so to the Argentina border as I was riding all of a sudden I let off the throttle and the bike was so so loud. . Hahaha oh shit I know what I did... I pulled into the border didn’t even look at the bike just walked into the border checked in to Argentina and walked out. There was three Brazilian guys who were doing a small trip that were by my bike with their bmw’s… we chatted for sec as I was looking at my exhaust to see where it was broke… yup shit right at the can.. They heard me swear and took a look, very concerned they told me there should be a town 100km’s up the way that could fix it and then continue in the morning to Ushuaia. I looked at them and laughed. Hell no she will make it just loud. I am making it to Ushuaia. They just looked at me like I was crazy and shook their heads. hahahahaha
I grabbed gas and rode off with her growling like hell. Making pretty good time still chasing the sunset. It was so incredibly beautiful to be riding into the “End of the world” Mountains coming out of nowhere with lakes just popping up around every corner. So amazing. As I came upon a few riders I caught up to a dude on a DR we linked up and shredded the last 20km’s together raging through the traffic making our way. We came into the Ushuaia sign post and he kept going I stopped for my hooray pics.
As weird as it might sound I knew when I made it to Ushuaia I would truly know if this was the life for me.. Was it worth everything I left and all of the life changing choices I had to make to make this trip a reality..job, “the girl of my dreams”, my dog, selling/ giving all my belongings away, and saying goodbye to all my friends and family? Would I make it “Ushuaia” and decide this was not the life I wanted for myself (living on the road moving all the time, just me and the bike)?
So was it all worth it? Is this the life I want to live for the next few years if not longer??? When I arrived I cannot express the feeling I had it was just pure and utter happiness. This is absolutely one hundred and ten percent even with all the break downs and crap I went through this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life!!! FUCK YES THIS IS THE LIFE FOR ME..
He looped back laughing and asked if I was down to trade taking pics of each other. His name is Ben and he has been riding down from Colombia for 5 months. Super rad guy, after we took our shots we headed to the pub for a beer. I knew I had a place to sleep since my friend Bear had made a resi at his hostel for me. We parked the bikes and walked in… this really cute girl was sitting there and she smiled at me and I smiled back and turned to the bar. to “holy shit is that..” I turned back as she turned back to look at me and we both started laughing (last time she saw me I did not have a beard at all...) Its my friend Laura from Canada who I met in El Salvador over 13 months ago with her rad cousin Jay (that you might remember cuz we met up again in Cuzco). So she jumped up and we hugged. Took a pic and talked over a beer for a bit. She had gone home like 8 months ago and then worked for a bit got tired of it and got a job on a cruise ship. They were only there for the day. So random and awesome. (She rides a ninja) It was so nice to catch up with her. Wish she was hanging out for a bit longer but oh well…Ben was hanging outside smoking and the owner of the pub walked up and bought his DR off of him right there no questions asked. He was stoked since he was flying out in a few days. Mission accomplished. I headed to my hostel to crash out for a bit.

FERRY

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...AIA40of112.jpg

WELL HELLO

TDF

WOOOHOOOO

WHAT THATS NOT NORMAL???? HAHAHA

OIL FILL UP

OIL....

AND WE MADE IT...

COULDN'T STOP SMILING

WE'RE WORKING THROUGH OUR PROBLEMS.. HAHAHA

MEET MY LONG LOST FRIEND LAURA HAD NOT SEEN HER IN 13 MONTHS OR SO.. THIS PICTURE MAKES ME LAUGH EVER TIME.. HAHA
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #517
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh End of the road....

DAY-480-484
2/28-3/4/2013
Woke up today, had a great night sleep, slept in until 11am, and it was glorious and well deserved. Ben and I headed for the park to make it to the “End of the world” 15 bucks to get into the park. As we road Ben was rallying hard down the dirt, I for some reason or another was going rather slow for my usual style.. I was just enjoying, prolonging it, not wanting to end the road, I really don’t know why I was going slow just felt like taking it all in, I was just smiling and laughing on my way through the park. Nobody told me I would roll up to the end of the world and there would be 3 buses of tourist standing there.. Son of a bitch I rode all the way here.. This is my road and sign!!!! hahahahahaha It was awesome feeling to make it here. As we were sitting there a large BMW Tour group rode up, they had ridden from Santiago. The guide was a nice guy from Brazil, we talked for awhile. I had to ask him if it was very stressful, because the thought of taking 14 people riding down to and through Patagonia. He said it was very much and that even on this trip they had two accidents resulting in two broken ankles.
Over the next few days I just relaxed, rode around a few times, got my exhaust welded (which took a few days and pretty $$$ 100 bucks for a crappy bead) but it works so sweet lets ride, and drank a few..lots of beer and cooked some really good food. I unfortunately had a allergic reaction the to cream they gave me to use for the tattoo and it got fire engine red for a few days.. Talked with the doctor he agreed just a allergic reaction and gave me some cream (which I still had a reaction to). So I decided to stay here for a bit make sure everything is good before I had into the woods for camping and riding on my way up..

TRADED IN AND GOT AN UPGRADED RIDE

VIEW FROM THE END OF THE ROAD

WHICH ONES MY BIKE......

WOOOOOHOOOO

MY NEW BEARDCUT...

GOTCHA

VICTORY SWIG-SWIG-SWIGGY

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE BAY

BEST RAVELING PARTNER EVER.. GOOD WORK PAPA.. NEVER ATE MY FOOD OR STOLE MY WHISKEY OVER THE PAST 16 MONTHS.. AND YOU NEVER COMPLAINED ONCE... HAHA AND YOU HELD AWESOME CONVERSATIONS ON THE WAY DOWN

WHAT? YOUR CAN DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS? HAHA

WEIRD LOOKING DOG.. HAHA A ROTTI MIXED WITH A BEAGAL?? HAHAHA

RAD RAD VIEWS WHILE WALKING TO CHECK ON MY EXHAUST

THIS CAME OUT SUPER RAD

I LOVE THIS CAMERA

GOTTA THROW THIS ONE UP... HAHA

ONE MORE WITH PAPA...
More pics to come from Ushuaia.. heading North tomorrow monring with my Friend Bear.. who a met a few months ago in Santiago while he was waiting for his bike to get here from Cali...
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #518
pdxbrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Awesome dude. Enjoy it. You have certainly earned it!

Track me on my Delorme Inreach SE

pdxbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #519
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Last of ushuaia..

485-488
3/5-8/2013
I had also just gone ahead and got my oil changed since he was willing to give me a deal on oil if I just got him to do it.. So I picked up my bike and when I did I started it and it was crushing blue smoke.. I just looked at him and was like ugh what the fuck homie.. He was like what that’s normal for how cold it is.. Hahaha I looked at him again ugh no it’s not.. It was not doing that when I gave it to you to weld… Even in the “cold” weather.. haha by the time I got back to my hostel it was not kicking blue.. so who knows.. So the next few days I walked around taking lots of pictures and went for a hike with my sisters friend who used to live in Crested Butte, CO- But now lives in Ushuaia. We hiked up to a glacier and went for coffee.. My friend Bear who I met through Fritz in Santiago.. He just got back from Antarctica we decided to ride together for a while North.. We’re going to hike the “W” Trail up in Torres del Paine which will be awesome.. He had sea legs so we hung out one extra day and decided to finally leave on Saturday morning so he has a day to rest and my arm looks ALOT better.. so we will be off…

PICS WERE ALL TAKEN WALKING AROUND AT DUSK.. SUPER COOL SHOT FROM THE PORT

ON MORE OF PAPA IN USHUAIA.. WELL DONE SIR WELL DONE

THERE NEXT RUN OF SHOTS ARE FROM HIKING UP TO A SMALL GLACIER, OVER LOOKING USHUAIA

THIS WAS MY ATTEMPT AT A SERIOUS PIC.. NO GOOFING AROUND.. LAME.

LITTLE SNOW THIS MORNING
Old 03-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #520
Blue Icebreaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
The end of the world looks awesome! Gotta visit it!!!
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. – Morihei Ueshiba

Blue Icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #521
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Eek This fat kid's going to die...

Yup this FAT Kid is going to die... hahaha I have not truly exercised in 16 months and now I am leaving this morning to do a 45 mile Hike through "Torres Del Piane" Chile Patagonia... It should be awesome.. even though I may freeze my little nuts off..But I am bringing a bottle of whiskey (of course) hahahaha Will have pics and stories in 4-5 days Fletch
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #522
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
Yup this FAT Kid is going to die... hahaha I have not truly exercised in 16 months and now I am leaving this morning to do a 45 mile Hike through "Torres Del Piane" Chile Patagonia... It should be awesome.. even though I may freeze my little nuts off..But I am bringing a bottle of whiskey (of course) hahahaha Will have pics and stories in 4-5 days Fletch
Where is your split board to shred? Good luck man. be safe. Great pics as always!
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #523
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
You might be cursing that bottle yet. Pack as light as you can.

I've been splitting this season (as I sold my sled) and weight, even a small amount, matters huge. I'm not a big drinker, but I know for sure I wouldn't be lugging a bottle anywhere!

Sunday was a 4800 ft day of riding. Good times. Fresh lines all day. Didn't see anybody besides a few heli's flying by in the valleys below.

Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #524
Manolito
Patagonia guide

Oddometer: 237
45 miles, damn!

I was in that area a few days ago... be ready to be wet and freakin' cold

Going to Ushuaia? Stop in Rio Gallegos and let's have a beer
Manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #525
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,736
Quote:
Good luck with that. Been awhile since CB days of doing that i'm sure.
These guys just did that a few days ago:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...837596&page=90
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote