Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #241
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,705
Second choice after Gracious House would be McClaren River Lodge; mile 42. Gracious House is at mile 85.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #242
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
Hey FLY, I am camping somewhere. Have to look at my reservation print out to remember which camp ground. They have a shower house and was only 30 bucks a night. You are welcome the put up a tent as I am sure there is room for more than one.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #243
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandreann View Post
has anybody stayed at a lodge or cabin or B & B on the Denali Highway that they can recommend or not? We are taking the Denali Highway on the way up...
The Tangle River Inn is about 20 miles in from Paxson on the east side. Just past that is the campground and the end of the paved part of the road. MacLaren is about 10 or 20 miles down the road from there. Gracious House is toward the west side. There's another campground at Brushkana. Just a quarter mile or so from the Parks Highway on the south side of the Denali Hwy is the Backcountry Inn. Not cheap, but very comfortable. There is also lodging at the bar/restaurant in Cantwell. There's a new place about halfway on the north side, but I forgot the name of it.
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #244
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Hey FLY, I am camping somewhere. Have to look at my reservation print out to remember which camp ground. They have a shower house and was only 30 bucks a night. You are welcome the put up a tent as I am sure there is room for more than one.
Sounds like the Goldrush. Usually riders won;t turn away other riders at the Goldrush. The staff are cool with it as long as you square it up. If I can squeeze folks in I will since I have 3 spaces.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #245
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
If I can squeeze folks in I will since I have 3 spaces.
That will probably elicit additional squeeze scam charges surcharges to be paid to the guy with this stick, the D2D, Sturgis of the Northtm Rally Pimp.

You think I’m kiddin’? Caught in the act! A pay off from years ago when Fite was thinner.
He couldn’t afford afford them fancy pimp clothes back them. But with all them illicit pay off scams now he can.

Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #246
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,754
The last be was quite funny
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #247
beamertwin
Paul

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
The Tangle River Inn is about 20 miles in from Paxson on the east side. Just past that is the campground and the end of the paved part of the road. MacLaren is about 10 or 20 miles down the road from there. Gracious House is toward the west side. There's another campground at Brushkana. Just a quarter mile or so from the Parks Highway on the south side of the Denali Hwy is the Backcountry Inn. Not cheap, but very comfortable. There is also lodging at the bar/restaurant in Cantwell. There's a new place about halfway on the north side, but I forgot the name of it.

The 'new' place on the Denali highway is called Alpine Creek Lodge. They have lodging, food and fuel available and is highly praised by those who stay there. The lodge is about 7 miles east of the Susitna bridge. I have stopped in and chatted with the owners but never stayed.
Gracious House and MacLaren lodge have lodging, food and maybe fuel. Those are the three lodges along the dirt portion of the highway.
The camping along the Denali highway is very good....great spots with views and plenty of fire wood. Just watch for the bears and gold miners.

Pancreatic cancer stinks
beamertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #248
beamertwin
Paul

Oddometer: 1,062
The 'this is not a rally' rally master.
Would go to a rally with this guy?

Pancreatic cancer stinks
beamertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #249
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamertwin View Post
The 'this is not a rally' rally master.
Maybe not, didn’t claim he was, but he is most definitely the D2D, Sturgis of the Northtm Rally Pimp. You know he is.
I don’t think you will find anyone that would truthfully say otherwise, including the Pimp hisownself.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #250
Fighter OP
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
Maybe not, didn’t claim he was, but he is most definitely the D2D, Sturgis of the Northtm Rally Pimp. You know he is.
I don’t think you will find anyone that would truthfully say otherwise, including the Pimp hisownself.

IT'S A "GATHERING"

Note to Tom..... step away from the photoshop machine and start preparing that Useless for a trip to the Yukon. There will be a few folks in town for the solstice. I know how you like crowds.
Just sayin'.
Fite
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #251
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
IT'S A "GATHERING"
For a RALLY! Gatherings don't have organization or committees .

Quote:
Emm,.. sorry bud, it once was a gathering but with all the organization, “Countersteering Committee” & so on it’s been a RALLY for years now. Deny it all you want, the facts speak for themselves.

Tom S screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 05:33 AM
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #252
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
So it's come to this.

I, personally, would love to see the pants and shoes that go with these jackets. To be a true rally pimp master, or whatever his exalted title is, his whole ensemble would have to match.

(I think I'm glad to see you photo-chopping again TomS)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #253
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
Those are old pix, been posted several times. My photo choppin’ “machine” is still broke. Your DR never even got near it! It still should though, the offer for upgrades & improvements is still open.
Oh, not sure he wears pants with those outfits. I don’t want to find out either!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #254
Fighter OP
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,781
Quote:
Those are old pix, been posted several times. My photo choppin’ “machine” is still broke. Your DR never even got near it! It still should though, the offer for upgrades & improvements is still open.
Oh, not sure he wears pants with those outfits. I don’t want to find out either!
Let's move along folks........... nothing to see here.
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #255
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
I, personally, would love to see the pants and shoes that go with these jackets. To be a true rally pimp master, or whatever his exalted title is, his whole ensemble would have to match.

ask and YOU shall receive I had to dig deep in the archives I thought it was lost but here it is for a D2D many years ago our fearless leader.

Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote