Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #46
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 101
Big John I cant make it to CAM 1000 but would like to donate to COVCO. I was thinking about making a donation per rider that makes the entire route. I,m not rich so there would have to be a $ limit. Or do you have a better way for us to donate? I,m bummed that I cant go , but I will make it to RMAR again. Richard
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #47
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfarmerrich View Post
Big John I cant make it to CAM 1000 but would like to donate to COVCO. I was thinking about making a donation per rider that makes the entire route. I,m not rich so there would have to be a $ limit. Or do you have a better way for us to donate? I,m bummed that I cant go , but I will make it to RMAR again. Richard

Rich.....very kind.

Good news for you. RMAR is also a COHVCO fund raiser, so you can donate when you arrive. For RMAR, I am going to increase the entry fee by $10....and that $10 per attendee willl go straight to COHVCO.

If you want to make a larger donation to COHVCO, there will be a donation box at RMAR.

See you at RMAR.
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #48
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
Rich.....very kind.

Good news for you. RMAR is also a COHVCO fund raiser, so you can donate when you arrive. For RMAR, I am going to increase the entry fee by $10....and that $10 per attendee willl go straight to COHVCO.

If you want to make a larger donation to COHVCO, there will be a donation box at RMAR.

See you at RMAR.

How about Baldy? Will extra money from patches go to him for this site (I think I gave $15 after the patches). I like the fact he has not sold out like so many forums have.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #49
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
How about Baldy? Will extra money from patches go to him for this site (I think I gave $15 after the patches). I like the fact he has not sold out like so many forums have.

Yeah, good point. I will come up with a donation for ADVRider as well.

John
Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #50
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
I just saw this today.

You are righteous for coming up with the CAM 1000.

From what I've read, this is a real 'trip' over multiple days, over rough terrain, offering best-of-the-best scenery, along with what naturally happens during multi-day moto trips, while riding in small groups.

Top notch.

You plan very well.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #51
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
I just saw this today.

You are righteous for coming up with the CAM 1000.

From what I've read, this is a real 'trip' over multiple days, over rough terrain, offering best-of-the-best scenery, along with what naturally happens during multi-day moto trips, while riding in small groups.

Top notch.

You plan very well.

LoneRider.....does that mean you are "IN"?

I appreciate the kind words and I agree....this ride is honestly the one I am looking forward too....above all the others in 2012. Unless the boys and I can get up to "Dust to Dawson".

But...this one is going to be frickin awesome!!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #52
Lone Rider

Quote:
LoneRider.....does that mean you are "IN"?

I appreciate the kind words and I agree....this ride is honestly the one I am looking forward too....above all the others in 2012. Unless the boys and I can get up to "Dust to Dawson".

But...this one is going to be frickin awesome!!!!

I think you have this one nailed well.
At this time, I have no idea of where I will be during that time. I could holler at the last minute and see if there is still room.

This is an epic 'tour ride' for somebody who hasn't yet done the fantastic Colorado Rockies, and at little cost. Great opportunity, really.

Hauling your own junk also adds to the theme of a true adventure trip. Riders have more to consider than just a light bike with new knobs.

Being able to easily opt out during the trip, in case of problems - or for whatever reason, is good. There's a goal, presented, so get what you can with like-minded people.

I think we'll see more of these types of 'trips' being offered in the future, from many different areas of the country.

Supporting the off road organizations/local groups that are active in working to make roads and trails open for our enjoyment is soooo (more emphasis, if possible) needed. They are the true unsung heros, and usually not properly recongised. It's the grassroots folks giving their time.

I've seen a few home-made videos of Pearl, but have never done it and it's on my list. As I understand it, it's conditions can vary between a true boulder field and just a very challenging ride. I guess it's a matter of actually doing it, eh?

Again, props to you for the CAM 1000. Great title name, bty.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #53
mikeegee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
This sounds enticing enough to get me back to the hills for some good riding.

I'm putting it on the calendar now, and have some time to convince the misses attending this is a very, very good idea.

So, as for now I'll look longingly from afar, but who knows, there a lot of time between now and then.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #54
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
I think you have this one nailed well.
At this time, I have no idea of where I will be during that time. I could holler at the last minute and see if there is still room.

This is an epic 'tour ride' for somebody who hasn't yet done the fantastic Colorado Rockies, and at little cost. Great opportunity, really.

Hauling your own junk also adds to the theme of a true adventure trip. Riders have more to consider than just a light bike with new knobs.

Being able to easily opt out during the trip, in case of problems - or for whatever reason, is good. There's a goal, presented, so get what you can with like-minded people.

I think we'll see more of these types of 'trips' being offered in the future, from many different areas of the country.

Supporting the off road organizations/local groups that are active in working to make roads and trails open for our enjoyment is soooo (more emphasis, if possible) needed. They are the true unsung heros, and usually not properly recongised. It's the grassroots folks giving their time.

I've seen a few home-made videos of Pearl, but have never done it and it's on my list. As I understand it, it's conditions can vary between a true boulder field and just a very challenging ride. I guess it's a matter of actually doing it, eh?

Again, props to you for the CAM 1000. Great title name, bty.

God willing....I will host another in 2013. If I can find the route.....maybe it will have to be the....

WAM1000

or

MAM1000

or

IAM1000

or

UAM1000

or

OAM1000

HA!!!!!!

or....... maybe back in Colorado for a completely different route.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
altitude

What would be the highest altitude expected on this ride? My 530 has been to 5200 feet with current jetting without issue. Any chance of jumping in for a couple of the sections instead off the entire 8 days. Work constraints and all that may limit free time.
Bungholio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,122
We may dip down to 5300 feet.

Maybe.

It's more likely not.

We will exceed 13000.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #57
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
What would be the highest altitude expected on this ride? My 530 has been to 5200 feet with current jetting without issue. Any chance of jumping in for a couple of the sections instead off the entire 8 days. Work constraints and all that may limit free time.

I expect a handful to join for a day, two or three..... that's completely fine.

Although, only those completing the full 1000 miles will get the sticker. Those only coming for a day, two or three.....I will only ask for a donation to COHVCO.....not full registration.

If you only join for part of the ride, it will completely be your responsibility to find us. We will be where we will be....from day to day, doing our darndest to stay on schedule.

And Mac is correct.....you boys best jet those carbs for high elevation. At least two passes will exceed 13k and another dozen or so will be above 12k feet.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #58
Lone Rider

Quote:
God willing....I will host another in 2013. If I can find the route.....maybe it will have to be the....

The possible names are both funny and cool.

It's obvious that a lot of personal time and work goes into this making this kinda thing happen.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #59
ScramblerDavis
aka DangerDavis

Oddometer: 94
Quote:

WAM1000

or

MAM1000

or

IAM1000

or

UAM1000

or

OAM1000

HA!!!!!!

or....... maybe back in Colorado for a completely different route.
It may be the "OH S**T1000" if go up or down sheep creek in the dark again!!!
'07 Triumph Scrambler,'09 Honda XR650L,'86 Kaw.Concours,'00 BMW K1200LT
Member RMAR, COHVCO, NMOHVA, AMA
ScramblerDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #60
Christeon
The BIG TICKET

Oddometer: 31
Hi I'm John.

I looked for a place to introduce myself but failed at locating it. After sitting for 3 years a buddy got me to drag my bike out of barn storage and go riding with him a couple of weeks ago. I've been riding since the mid '80's and over time have forgot how much I love to ride. I've sold or stored my bikes for many reasons but mostly from lack of riding buddies. After the ride a couple weeks ago with the guys from bamarides I discovered an entire community of people who love to ride. After browsing their sight I made it over here following the quest for entelecheia ride report. Seeing his pics out west made me want to get out there and ride sometime in the next year or so, then I found this thread and it looks like the perfect introduction to the mountains without skis. I'm subscribed to this thread and hoping I can make it out there.

Christeon screwed with this post 01-09-2012 at 07:54 AM
Christeon is offline   Reply With Quote